What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer

Pages: (14): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 » Last »
MineSwee++ 3: Play Minesweeper Flags with your computer
Author: Message:
Marsh8472

RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239
Made a bot of my own you can play against.  Snapshots and program are available at http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html

I also used the algorithum against [o] in 20 games and it won all 20.  It takes probability of being a mine, probability of being an expander block, and minesweeper density in area into account when moving.  I want to see if i found the right balance so if you can play against it and tell me how often you win that would be most helpful to me thanks.
03-10-2004 05:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report

– / Male / –
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239
quote:
Originally posted by Marsh8472
  It takes probability of being a mine, probability of being an expander block, and minesweeper density in area into account when moving. .

what is minesweeper density???

does this assume that the mines are usually grouped together?
03-11-2004 01:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Marsh8472

the average number of mines surrounding the square.. i figured out how to make it alil faster so i'm going to be working on that
03-11-2004 10:22 AM
V@no

sexy

RE: RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.239
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
the bot cheats :dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:
[Image: attachment.php?tid=20323&pid=195583]

That was my first impression....^o)
first time I played, the bot put 3 flags in a row outside of the opened blocks, it seems that the alghorithm  uses bombs coordinats, not as it would "think" where are the bombs...
03-11-2004 01:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report

– / Male / –
out of about the 10 times i played it...

i only won once about 26 Vs 24

the other times the bot beat me by alot around 26 Vs 15 or less.

this bot very very  strong... when there are a few mines left it plays very very conservatively (i.e. does not do guesses that are not adjacent to any flags to avoid hitting a blank)~ and correctly so ... unlike [0]

i have yet to determine if it cheats... however when there are 50/50% decisions it does seem to pick the correct choice more often than not.....
03-11-2004 01:56 PM
Marsh8472

Ok I updated the bot player. It's faster, smarter, and has more options. You can say it's not formidable but I think you'd be lying :D  Snapshots and program are at http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html or http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/marsh8472/Minesweeper_Flags2.exe to just download it.
03-13-2004 03:02 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.
quote:
Originally posted by darknavi
It's been a while, almost 2 years, but is there a new link to the Minesweeper Solver?

http://wave.prohosting.com/mars8472/minesweeper.html

Links are dead now, can someone post a new one or something similar?

Thanks!:D

Links are not all dead; look closer...
At the bottom on that page there is a zip with all the files in it.
Also the forum link still does work and will bring you to their forum (which is also still alive).

;)

This post was edited on 01-30-2006 at 12:06 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-30-2006 12:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mak

Thats me! How do I look?

– / Male / –
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240
Hell yeah, ive been looking for this game for ages!

Nice work..anyways i gotta get back to it

Computer - 1, Me - 2 :refuck:
Im back..:banana:
01-30-2006 12:13 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Have you ever thought of playing MineSweeper Flags with your computer? - 1.1.240
i lost horrbily...[o] has to cheat :refuck:
[Image: loser4qa.jpg]

the comp cheats like a mofo! :blah:
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
02-05-2006 09:45 PM
manuvalbu

hi,im manu, a grandmaster of minesweeperflags.
I played with that bot and i can say that the graphics and sounds are good,but the level horrible,the bot is very easy,that bot doesn't see the possible expands,go for the 1/2 when it see it, not calcule the probabilities...etc etc,very very bad level,i beated it very easy, the marshall bot is better than it,the marshall bot see the probabilities of all sqaures,and control a bit better the expands,tough the marshall bot is very bad too,i beated it very easy too.
nowadays the best bot is the mario bot,it calcule the probabilities and the expect value level 1, and avoid expands better than marshall bot, tough mario bot arent still better than me and than the other best players (sebmarti,the master and pzy),it is the hardest bot,but in a near future we will create a bot which calcule the expect value level 2 and 3,that bot will be the best player.
02-08-2006 04:08 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: