What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors
Author: Message:
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors
I have a suggestion for the next MsgPlus release...
As referred to in the subject, I'd like to suggest a feature that would make it easier for the general public to make us translators aware of errors/typos in our translations.

Currently people have to go to www.msgplus.net, open the forum page and create a user account just report an error - that's actually very inconvenient. No wonder we never receive any feedback!

Therefor I hereby suggest an addition to the About window.
Something like this, perhaps:

"Found an error in the Danish translation? Comments/questions regarding the translation?

E-mail the translators your comments
--or--
post your comments on the Messenger Plus! Forum."

..where clicking "E-mail the translators your comments" would open a simple form that would quickly allow users to report errors and then get back to business. A click on "Messenger Plus! Forum" would, of course, take you to the MsgPlus forums. :-)

//Anders
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
01-31-2004 01:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
RE: Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors
I support this suggestion and highly recommend it :D

// Peter

--
Just another of those stupid danes
lets get one thing straight - i am NOT
01-31-2004 01:10 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors
nice nice
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-31-2004 02:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I agree that it should be easier for people to report errors and I'll have to work on something for that (some kind of special page on my site).. however, I can guiarentee you that you don't want your email to be distributed and publicly available to any user of Plus!... you will receive lots of emails from people thinking that you'cre the creator of the program, and when I say lots, I mean it :). You can probably count on your daily dose of insults related to the sponsor, tens of questions, etc...

I'll probably ask DZ or someone else at some point to make it easier... dont know how, dont know when :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-31-2004 08:08 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
you will receive lots of emails from people thinking that you'cre the creator of the program, and when I say lots, I mean it :). You can probably count on your daily dose of insults related to the sponsor, tens of questions, etc...

I think it doesn't matter. As the translators of Plus!, they are supposed to know how to answer the complaints.

The question is how to "share" or "distribute" (cannot find the right word...) the questions to the translators. You know, the answer may be only one, but there are many ways to solve it so the people who ask the questions don't get confused.
Registered 7609 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes, 45 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

01-31-2004 08:18 AM
Kian

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

[...]however, I can guiarentee you that you don't want your email to be distributed and publicly available to any user of Plus!... you will receive lots of emails from people thinking that you'cre the creator of the program, and when I say lots, I mean it :). You can probably count on your daily dose of insults related to the sponsor, tens of questions, etc...

I'll probably ask DZ or someone else at some point to make it easier... dont know how, dont know when :)

First of all the form should not show the eMails - onely a subject and a textbox...
But I can see the problem but I think it has to be solved. Anyway I was just at the danish usenet about im-programs and Plus! is a topic. I started a thread where people were able to complain but no-one actullay complained a lot - a little about the sponsorprogram :D

Second of all - why is it impossible to use Flash-files as avatar ?
I have picture of my tooth spinning which I really would like to apply

// Peter
01-31-2004 12:07 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
it'd be nice, however i see the problem Patchou said: too much people sendig us emails. Maybe the best would be a page in msgplus.net or here or somehwere, where users can submit (without registering) their opinions/suggestions/bugs about the translations and we, translators, will be notified when there are new comments. Then we go there and can mark them read, and/or leave a note to other translators (of the same language)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-31-2004 01:34 PM
Kian

41 / Male / –
that would be lovely :D - I propose some of you do that :D

// Kian

--

"Just another of those stupid Danes"
- Kian
01-31-2004 01:37 PM
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Let's make it easier for the general public to notify the translators of errors
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
it'd be nice, however i see the problem Patchou said: too much people sendig us emails. Maybe the best would be a page in msgplus.net or here or somehwere, where users can submit (without registering) their opinions/suggestions/bugs about the translations and we, translators, will be notified when there are new comments. Then we go there and can mark them read, and/or leave a note to other translators (of the same language)

That's actually a really good idea. As long as we keep in mind that users should be able to submit comments with only a few mouse clicks.

/ZrednaZ
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
01-31-2004 02:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kian

41 / Male / –
I support this suggestion and highly recommend it (again)

// Kian

--

"Just another of those stupid Danes"
- Kian
01-31-2004 02:22 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend