What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus! 3 ??

Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3 ??
Author: Message:
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ??
... can also be found Here
02-11-2004 02:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
~landsberg~

quote:
Ah Patchou, there has to be a way to stop my dumb friends installing the spyware :P

Agreed my friends are always saying they have some virus from installing plus! (of course it was just spyware and of course it was checked off i agree in stead of i refruse). One of my friends even went around the school shouting dont install plus! it is spyware.

A good solution would be to make it start on i refuse. People alway just smash through installs without looking at what they are agreeing to.

so what the deal, eh?

This post was edited on 02-11-2004 at 02:18 AM by ~landsberg~.
02-11-2004 02:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
whats the problem, no more progs to steal original ideas from?

:rolleyes:

Patchou's ideas are always original, he never steals ideas from other programs :P
Indeed, other programs steal Messenger plus!'s features (*cough* Advanced MsgPlus *cough*)
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
02-11-2004 02:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
bad_andy

It would be cool if you could make it play a sound even when you're in the box.  Trillion does that and it is one of the few things I miss.
Sometimes I have a difficult time handling myself in social situations. I just start scampering around neurotically, frantically jumping all over guests. I think it all goes back to when I was raised in the wild by miniature schnauzers.
02-11-2004 02:21 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ~landsberg~
A good solution would be to make it start on i refuse. People alway just smash through installs without looking at what they are agreeing to.

First off, the optional sponsor is adware, NOT Spyware :P
And people should learn to read what they are installing, maybe Plus! will teach them dont u agree? :P
See, the internet is something common nowdays... everyone is using it, and if it wasnt for these fools people who cant understand that they must read the users agreements the world would be much happier :P
its like when people open an email from an unknown guy and click on the attachment... then they get a virus :P People must learn that they should not open these kind of emails :P
02-11-2004 03:09 AM
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
only program he stole idea's from is Messenger Plus! 1 :P and that was created by him.  Plus! forum members pretty much created Plus! 2 ;) - ive always thought of it that way
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

02-11-2004 03:16 AM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
See, the internet is something common nowdays... everyone is using it, and if it wasnt for these fools people who cant understand that they must read the users agreements the world would be much happier :P
its like when people open an email from an unknown guy and click on the attachment... then they get a virus :P People must learn that they should not open these kind of emails :P

a bit off topi, but still interesting:
http://www.worldofends.com/
02-11-2004 03:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 ??
Wow, so many replies already.. as I said, don't expect new features. I'm doing my best redesigning the interface so that the curernt features become useful to people not checking-out context menus (or not interested in them.. which probably counts for 4/5 of the users, if not more). I'll post screenshots when I'll have some interesting ones to post. Basically, the preferences are being completely reworked, some existing panels are being improved and many wizard will be nicely integrated into the interface. As for beta testing, I'll do as always: ask people who are on my msn list :). If you've been here for some time, if I know you at least a little and if you have time to click on every pixel of every screen, then you can send me an email at mplus@patchou.com . When I'll need testers, I'll look at the test requests :). Be sure you include the pseudo you use on the forum.

PS: about the sponsor, if I didn't want anyone to isntall it, I wouldn't even include an option for it :).

This post was edited on 02-11-2004 at 04:06 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-11-2004 04:05 AM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
its a bad idea to include ur email address there, u will receive thousand of mails Patchou ^o) Maybe when u really need testers? :undecided:
* Chrono would be glad to alpha/beta test, as ever :banana:
btw, i emailed u before about this thread, i hope u read it (the email :P)

This post was edited on 02-11-2004 at 04:12 AM by Chrono.
02-11-2004 04:10 AM
SoM

SoM = GoD

39 / – / –
I would like to be tester... and if u need a spanish Translator...I could help too ...
02-11-2004 04:32 AM
Pages: (14): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: