What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger

Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger
Author: Message:
jess_leblanc

O.P. Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger
I was told to post here. I'm not sure if they are bugs, or just problems with my computer, but here she goes.

I don't usually use Windows Messenger, but I've just been using it for a bit lately. I have found the foloowing problems with Plus, and Windows Messenger:

Upon pressing the "share button" besides emoticons, it gives an error that says: "Sorry, an internal error occurred. Please use the Plus! Menu to share." If this isnt a bug, it's some what misleading.

Another, I DO have logging as a default. But when I tried to open a log file in a conversation, I get this error: "An internal error occurred. Logging is temporarly dissabled for this chat. Please reinstall Messenger if the problem persists." What does reinstalling Messenger have to do with Plus! logging convo's anyway? Well I did reinstall, and I still get the errors. And now that I have looked, Windows Messenger IS NOT logging my conversations at all with this version of Windows Messenger.

And one final thing, I'm sure it's not a bug, but why have you not included the right click Xtra's in the contact list? I find them very handy, and very quick to use. Now that I don't have them kinda makes me angry, cause I always forget. 8-|

FYI:
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows Messenger 4.7.2009
MsgPlus! Version 2.54.74

This post was edited on 02-17-2004 at 07:46 PM by jess_leblanc.
02-17-2004 07:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
RE: Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger
Maybe you should have a newer version of Windows Messnger
02-17-2004 07:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jess_leblanc

O.P. RE: Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger
I wasn't aware that there was a newer version. I picked up .2009 from Windows Update.
02-17-2004 07:41 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
I get the problem too. I'm using the Dutch version of Windows Messenger 4.7.2009. There simply is no update to that Dutch version yet (I believe).

So indeed, the share button doesn't work.
Windows XP SP1 Pro NL here, withWindows Messenger 4.7.2009 NL and latest Messenger Plus! version.
02-17-2004 07:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I'm sorry for those problems, it's true that Ive put Windows Messenger aside these days. I will check those errors and will try to fix them as long as it's not at the epense of MSN Messenger 6 :). Note that you cannot use Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger at the same time with Plus!, if that's what you're doing, this won't be fixed :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-17-2004 09:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jess_leblanc

O.P. RE: Combinitation of errors, and problems w/ Windows Messenger
mmmm. OK I see.

So, The logging will not work with MSN and Windows Messenger together. Thats solved.

It's just the share button, and the extra contact info in the contact list would be nice. Thanks P--
02-18-2004 03:14 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Different Windows Messenger versions explained
Notes about Windows Messenger:

Windows Messenger 4.7.3000 is the latest Windows Messenger 4.x (it comes with SP2 for Windows XP, but it lacks some things from 4.7.2009).
There is also an Windows Messenger 5.0.0482. But this is actually a different kind of Messenger:

With Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 you can install the offical 4.x Addon to get some functions which aren't in 5.x like Hotmail support, MSN Profiles, Mobiles... 4.7.3000 doesn't support this official addon anymore...
4.x comes with Windows XP and can't be uninstalled in a conventional way. It only works on Windows XP.

On the other hand, Windows Messenger 5.x has some features which aren't in 4.x, like SIP Service, MS Exchange 2000 Service, "Ink" TabletPC support.... 5.x can be installed instead of version 4.x on Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003.

4.x is more for the home-user, while 5.x is more for companies and businesses...

Both versions are available in other languages as well.

So, there are now 5 different Messengers made by MS with all different options and features!:

related:
Differences between Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger

important note:
If you want to run both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger at the same time (all together with Plus!), you need to start Windows Messenger before MSN Messenger.

EDIT: updated list with links can be found here

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 08:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-18-2004 04:57 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: