What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Netscape = illness?

Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Netscape = illness?
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Netscape = illness?
bha.. I don't consider Netscape to be a browser, more some kind of illness.

This post was edited on 02-24-2004 at 05:23 AM by surfichris.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-20-2004 01:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Netscape = illness? (have fun cookie :P)
"(often it is a caching problem though... btw, when you suggest clearing the cache, also say that they have to close the browser, some browsers wont fully clear the cache untill you close them.)"
^^
I wasn't talking about Netscape Patchou. Netscape's cache is one of the easiest to clean. You even don't need to close the browser :P I was more referring to IE.

Oh, and let Fraisie state her solution in that thread you spammed... We would like to know it, so we can help others....

:refuck:

PS don't mind the spelling mistakes :p

This post was edited on 02-20-2004 at 08:19 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-20-2004 08:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
billywoods1

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I don't consider Netscape to be a browser, more some kind of illness.
And I suppose Windows must be the fenestral plague... :P
[Image: title.gif]
Please visit my site, Lamerde, by clicking this broken picture. :mipdodgy: It's intentional. Honestly.

02-20-2004 04:53 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
And I suppose Windows must be the fenestral plague... :P

which makes firefox the cure

fire cures all ailments :P
02-20-2004 08:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
reisyboy
Elite Member

Messenger Oldie ;-)

35 / Male / –
Wats the dif with FireFox and FireBird?
Reisyboy: He is the priest to guide us from evil.. which isn’t working… so we call him Frier Tuck
02-20-2004 08:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Firefox is Firebird, but they had to change the name due to a conflict with another Open Source project that was also called Firebird.

So now we got
Firebird version 0.6
Firebird version 0.7
Firefox version 0.8

quote:
http://mozilla.org/press/mozilla-2004-02-09.html
The new release also marks a name change for the new browser, which was previously known as Mozilla Firebird. “We are pleased to release a new preview version of Mozilla Firefox,” commented Mitchell Baker, President of the Mozilla Foundation. “To avoid overlap with another open source project, we have decided to change the name of this product from Mozilla Firebird to Mozilla Firefox.”

Along with the new name, Firefox sports a new logo and the Mozilla Foundation is kicking off a grass-roots Get Firefox campaign to spread word about the new browser.
02-20-2004 08:47 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

* user2319 doens't hate netscape, it's better than IE, for as far I used it (not much), but I definetly hate IE.. :-/
02-22-2004 09:16 PM
user2319
Disabled Account

* user2319 wonders why Patchou is so pro-MS :-/

Did they pay you? :dodgy:

really, maybe netscape sucks, but opera and mozilla (firefox) don't.
02-22-2004 09:21 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Netscape = illness? (have fun cookie :P)
I am not pro-Microsoft, I'm just trying to be more objective. When I start Internet Explorer, it works, within 1 second. When I install Netscape and launch it, it crashes. When it doesn 't crash, it stil ltakes it a while to load so that it can display its ugly interface. My conclusion: Internet Explorer is better than Netscape.

And why I hate this company so much? simply because they were at the top 10 years ago (I used Netscape Navigator at that time and I was very happy with it), they went down because they never successfully updated their software and tried to find more opportunities to make Netscape more worthwhile than IE, and when they realized they were not capable of doing it, they concentrated their efforts on blaming Microsoft for their failure. I too sometimes insult Bill when a MS product is screwing up, but I have to be honest: it doesn't happen very often (and for you neither, else, we would all be using another OS and another word editor).  When they screw up, fine, blame them; however, accusing Microsoft for every problem the computer world has to face is not the solution, and I just hate when people accuse someone (or some entity) for no reason except jaleousy.

On that subject, I would like to make it official. I have two companies on my die-list: Netscape and Real Network. Why Real? haha, if you ask, that's because you never installed any of their software (or had to use it afterwards). And after years and years of not being able to update their video client, they've now joined the "Let's get some money from Microsoft" club. That's pathetic.

So, yeah... all I wanted to say is that I'm not pro MS, I'm just don't think that I should force myself to find good things in competitive products just because it's "cool". I don't say that you can't love using Netscape, I just say that I hope you're not using it only because you're "not using a Microsoft-empire-of-evil product".

Note about Opera: the Opera internet browser is a very good example of how a company can try to inovate instead of complaining like the morons at Netscape did . It just proves my point. (I do not use Opera but I do like it and I recognize that it's a better browser that IE for many reasons).

This post was edited on 02-22-2004 at 11:21 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-22-2004 10:44 PM
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
i'm with patchou on the real networks thing..  i wount even install it on my comp anymore and i really really wanted to watch that .ram music video. (hundred million - trebel charger :gfdrin: )
02-22-2004 11:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (8): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: