What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3 - news

Pages: (22): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3 - news
Author: Message:
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
or make it itentified as a plugin in the maniger if the user has teh tablet pc dlls on the computer already
^ good idea!

Patchou, give us some technical info about this... PLEASE!!
02-28-2004 11:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
I will NOT add it, don't post another 30 posts to insist lol. If Microsoft wanted to give you access to this feature, they would have already, and I'm sure they will soon (if they don't, I'll reconsider). I already have way too many things to do in Plus!3, wayyyyy too many stuff on my list.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-28-2004 11:16 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I will NOT add it, don't post another 30 posts to insist lol. If Microsoft wanted to give you access to this feature, they would have already, and I'm sure they will soon (if they don't, I'll reconsider). I already have way too many things to do in Plus!3, wayyyyy too many stuff on my list.
We dont want Plus! to be like InfoPen and be like, 20MB.

This post was edited on 02-28-2004 at 11:44 PM by Dane.
02-28-2004 11:43 PM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Boys (well, girls too): Would you stop discussing about the addition of this feature please?...As Patchou has expressed himself:) We wouldn't want to see this thread closed long before Plus! 3 gets released, right? :)
If you want to talk about the feature itself, you may continue in this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21757

This post was edited on 02-29-2004 at 01:16 AM by Mnjul.
02-29-2004 01:13 AM
sock
Elite Member

Back in White! (with red stripes)

38 / Male / Flag
I couldn't read the entire thread (it's long!:|), but I skimmed through it all.
I have 3 things to say:

1. Congrats and good luck, Patchster. :happy:

2. Umm, about the quoter thingie, will it be possible to just insert the quote into the IM editbox and add some text after the quote, or will it automatically send the quote as a message? :huh: Because I'd really prefer the first option. :p

3. I think that using the Ink thingie when you have a keyboard is pretty stupid, and a waste of Internet resources. :p But anyway, I was thinking..... Are those Ink thingies vector-based, or are they actual images? Because if they're images, that means MSN Messenger 6.1 (or 6.x?) has a built-in support for sending and displaying images in conversation windows.... which means it would be theoretically possible to show people images inside IM windows. :shocked: So it could be a nice thing to try out, Patch. :chrongue:
[Image: patchoulolhaxun7.jpg]
02-29-2004 02:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
nus

Humanoid Typhoon is coming!

– / Male / –
Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
It sounds great Patchou, I hope you remeber one feature that you have promised so many time ago. Im keep  waiting
Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni
02-29-2004 02:42 AM
brianjdupuis

40 / Male / –
Two things I wont to talk about:

1.Patchou You are a true Hero, and I think we all appreciate all the HARD work you have done for us to make Msn Messenger a better peice of software!!

2. Second part I want to talk to you about Patchou is My idea about Auto-Accepting that I put forward to you, i'm not sure if you didn't go back and read the rest of the forum and the suggestions made about it but I think you should include a password and you give the users you want access to lets say the web cam it would ask for a password and they would have to type it in..... this would be a good security feature!

P.S: wondering if I could be abeta tester to see how you went about my feature! and if I can get credit for it!

Again Thank you!!
Brian D

.jpg File Attachment: auto-accept.jpg (51.28 KB)
This file has been downloaded 814 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-29-2004 at 02:55 AM by brianjdupuis.
02-29-2004 02:51 AM
warreng

Don't ask.

41 / Male / –
blah blah blah blah blah, I've been following this thread on since its started. All this issue over file size when downloading with new features etc. Patchou mate, if this issue also concerns you and I'm sure it bothers others too that when you add more and more features, the greater the size of the download gets.

Its been my understanding that the more people request an addon the more it would make it easier for them to:
1) select which ones they want (personalise installation) and
2) make them themselves (simple scripting language)

--------------------1------------------------
This can be easily solved with the following ideas I got in conjuction with Macromedia's Central, create a plugins menu, simple window within MSN Plus! where the menu or whatever is actually a page on the internet listing the available plugins. Further more, have it so that users have to login (Same accounts as for forums etc, so they can keep track on what plugins they have installed. That way, developors can see whos downloaded and whos using them. (ie success rate).
Now! with this new menu system, you can leave all the features seperate (addons) and people can select which ones they want to install and browse the ones that are newly available. Since these are seperate from plus! than the default file size for plus! would be minimal.

I hope someone is following me with this...

Basically, addon feature (already been done). But with the added ability to browse the ones available and the ones already default with msn plus! converted into plugins.

I love what you do Patchou, I seriously do. But its my opinion that the more features you make 'default' in the plus! becomes irrelivant to most, (bos protection, cause majority don't chat at work) unless its used all the times, like colours etc. The rest is just taking up space. I like the idea of being able to browse plugins through plus!, add/remove the ones I personally don't need.

--------------------2------------------------
I feel I have to also comment on the addon feature (dlls). I think its brillient for developers, but not all together easy to understand for people like me that havn't taken the time to learn 'visual basic or visual c++' because of various time contraints. What there needs to be is a simple scripting language where you can write it in a simple text editor (like what you can with html, php and mirc) so theres no need for compilers etc.
Of course unlike mirc/others there would still be a need to call dlls for advanced users. But I would like to be able to do a simple script without having to go through the process of learning a visual language. Later on, you might consider a basic WYSIWIG.

----------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, it was also said that there was a feature to leave message for people when they are offline, and that message will be sent when they come back. If thats the come-back message, than I hope it'l be updated in the v3.0. I think that setting it to message the person, EVERYTIME they come online is a little redundant unless you want to annoy them. Unless of cause you want to say Hello to that person as soon as they come online, everytime, than thats ok too. Just think that there should be an option to auto disable the auto message once its been sent once. Like a times to send the message box (# Times, 0 for infinite). Also, if thats the case for setting a message for someone everytime they come online, you might as well make it editable when the person is currently Online, as opposed only be able to edit it when they are not online.

I'd also like to offer myself to be a beta tester.

This post was edited on 02-29-2004 at 05:58 AM by warreng.
- WarrenG
02-29-2004 04:59 AM
king_of_cool_kids

Im a Cat fan.

– / Male / –
I have another idea. How about if patchou has them on his servers and during install it ask what you would like to install, eg: handwriting (even though your not going to use this, it is just an example) and stuff, and have msgPlus! app automaticly ticked. This would make it posible for high speed internet user to download the things if they like, and slow spped internet users only have to download the less than 5mb file or however big it is.

Text Picture:

MsgPlus! Installation

Please choose the following to download and install:

[Ticked and fadded so no one can untick it]  Basic MsgPlus! application
[Not Ticked] Drawing Tool
[Not Ticked] Any other thing bigger than 5mb that patchou might make.

What do you think??
See this thread please:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?action=lastpost&tid=29609

I am running:
Windows XP Pro
MSN messenger: 6.2.0137
MsgPlus!: 3.01.94
02-29-2004 08:36 AM
warreng

Don't ask.

41 / Male / –
oh yes, btw, i also meant that Macromedia Central has somthing similar, not: 'in conjunction'. Poor choice of words. But yes, king_of_cool_kids, thats ok. Basically what i meant, is to choose what features you want to install after you've installed the "base" plus! program, so everything else is like an addon, than you choose which ones you want to install, download and etc.... basically what microsoft windows update does. but with the option to remove the addon at any time.

Fortunatly, Patchou has already gone through the process of having an addon feature, its just a matter of turning all the other added features into addons, and that way choosing which ones people would like to install.
The benefit of this is:
Easier on patchou so he doesn't need to recompile msn plus! all the time, but make additions in the form of addons.
More configurable so people can choose which features they want/need/would be nice to have.
Small file size for default download. Its just a matter of choosing which features should stay as the default additions.

But I really have to stress on the importance of having a scripting system, it could greatly expand the usefulness of plus! and messenger for not just 'visual language' developers but for general computer users alike. As long as there's a help file thats easy to understand and full of useful functions. I would gladly help in anything from design, layout and actually doing it myself.

Hell, if i could programme c++ I would make a scripting editor feature for plus! myself. I seriously tried, and failed. But I'm sure someone out there could see how this could benefit plus!/messenger.

AND! it would make messenger more fun :)

ps. I think that drawing in chat windows would be cool.
- WarrenG
02-29-2004 09:23 AM
Pages: (22): « First « 7 8 9 10 [ 11 ] 12 13 14 15 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: