What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3 - news

Pages: (22): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3 - news
Author: Message:
warreng

Don't ask.

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
Originally posted by alimotedayeni
nice screen shots and a lot of cool new things to use. but i had a comment..would it be possible to have an auto text response thing? like when someone says "how are you?" your msn automatically responses with "good, you?" which can be personalized individually? that would be kinda cool. well thanks for the messenger plus! its awesome.

... scripts.
- WarrenG
03-01-2004 09:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
quark

44 / – / –
RE: RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
Originally posted by warreng
... scripts.
I've probably not payed attention in class, so I have to ask: Will Messenger Plus! have script support, or does it already? If it doesn't, but plan to have, could I suggest that Patchou don't create a new script language? There are like 100 different existing ones to choose from, and JavaScript (ECMAScript) is one of the best ones. Really.

JavaScript in the browser (working with the DOM) is possibly not the best way to use it, but in ASP pages it's better, and with an even more decent object model (or framework), it would be brilliant. JavaScript has all the facets you need from a scripting language, it's easy to learn, it's logical, it has a beautiful syntax, and it's widespread and wellknown.

So I urge Patchou to choose JavaScript if the choice isn't already made.

This post was edited on 03-01-2004 at 09:46 PM by quark.
-= quark =-
"He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away"
03-01-2004 09:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
In order to do an auto-reponse, the plugins (and scripts?) will need to be notified of all incoming messages: at the moment, the API defines only ReceiveNotify, which is called only when a special character is sent. So, at the moment, it can't be done, but I'm sure if we all asked nicely enough, Patchou would consider it...
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-01-2004 10:11 PM
quark

44 / – / –
A script API would certainly be nice, but it's absolutely not a must-have feature, so Patchou can safely focus on the more important stuff for the next version. If you ask me, that is.
-= quark =-
03-01-2004 11:55 PM
Watters91

Watters91

– / Male / –
Hey patchou
I am interested in becoming a beta for MSG Plus! 3. How can i apply to be one???

Watters91
03-02-2004 07:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
lol... well, I've been watching you in the past days getting exciting by yourselves, talking about features that have been dicussed a lot in the past and that won't be added (like scripting :)). You can continue if you want, it's nice to beleive ;)

For those who don't remember why I won't add scripting or other big improvements to plugins, one word sums it up: security. The last thing I want to see is tools doing weird non authorized activities in Messenger because of me. Microsoft learnt it the hard way by adding too many possibilities in Internet Explorer and Outlook, only to realize later that it opened doors to hackers and viruses.

So, no scripting, no "internet-download installer" (for a lot of good reasons), and no beta test requests (thank you for wanting to help, however, I can't allow the risk to see buggy beta versions distributed on the web).

Don't worry, you'll have your load of new toys to play with in Plus!3 :)
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-02-2004 07:40 AM
quark

44 / – / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
For those who don't remember why I won't add scripting or other big improvements to plugins, one word sums it up: security.
That's fully understandable. I'm not going to wish for it, I just said it might be nice. But might I ask (yet again) for the [F2] rename shortcut key? Pretty please, with sugar on top? :D
-= quark =-
03-02-2004 09:15 AM
Fast_Sebil

Grin  RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - news
Patchou,

A good idea to increase maximum security in such kind of program (Y)!

As everybody knows, and as u explain it in ur post, full of capabilities is the same as full of hacking (with internet im hearing)...

So the way u want to make your software with a maximum protection is a good one, cause our soft will not be responsible in case of hacking injuries :S

Moreover, that will be better for the future Plus! (4.1 that everybody there is wainting for right now..LOL...:D) and u will show a difference between softs that protect their users and those that don't care about..

So, thank you Patchou for your great intentions with users and keep on for a long time ! ;)

Bye, Nalex :o) (8-|) from france...
03-02-2004 10:17 AM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
i like the idea that you can disable plug-ins. So if i can install some plug-ins, and they mess msn up, then i can disable them? cool ;)
03-02-2004 08:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ksordo

Awesome work, Patchou!  If I may be so bold as to suggest that you introduce more sounds to the upcoming Plus! version.  Thanks :)
03-02-2004 10:00 PM
Pages: (22): « First « 11 12 13 14 [ 15 ] 16 17 18 19 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: