What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] Mac debate

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
[split] Mac debate
Author: Message:
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Is there any add-on for MSN Messenger on MAC?
Why is the mac still around when no one is willing to write things for it? I really don't get how it survives with an outdated messenger to my knowledge nd literally no one writing free/shareware 4 it?
02-25-2004 05:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
RE: Is there any add-on for MSN Messenger on MAC?
WOW! thats an uniformed answer. theres is loads of free (as in speech) software for the mac platform, as well as many other pay software.. its is also more secure htan a windows machine (u ever hear of a Mac Virus?). and there are programs for it. in fact, Microsoft Word and Excel were on the mac before they were on anything else. macs also have excelent user interfaces, and are very powerful, and in the log run are cheaper (the 3rd most powerful supercomputer is 1/3 of the speed of the top one, at 1/10th of the price). it is also amazing at editing video and audio, which is why it is the most used operating system in the music AND movie industry.

and why u judge an operating system on MSM messesnger is beyond me

This post was edited on 02-25-2004 at 06:06 PM by bach_m.
02-25-2004 06:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
It's also the look and otehr things, an no one I know has one. They may have a stylish look, but are no real competition. About the viruses im sure there are none because every1 targets microsoft pcs, as thats what teh vast majority of people use. I'm not being anti, just wonder about macs seeing as I never hear about them
02-25-2004 06:58 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
i know a bunch of ppl who have them, and even more who want them. just because u never hear about doesn't mean that they do poorely.

in fact, Apple just payed off all of their debt :P
02-25-2004 07:11 PM
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
What annoys me msot is lack of compatibility, but I spose u can get those emulation engines for apple macs? so they run windwos programs
02-25-2004 07:17 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
or, you just dont need those programs. and anything decent has a Mac version. what are u looking for? and dont say games.
02-25-2004 07:18 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Mac debate
MACs are very powerful Machines they run on a different processor type to PC's and are reasonably cheap.  Try video editing on a MAC and PC a MAC will win hands down everytime.  At college with have a suite of 12 and a big server as well!

There great there just not windows thats all
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
02-27-2004 06:21 PM
kao
Veteran Member

boring

37 / Male / Flag
MACs are for Image editing etc, music editing all the Powerful stuff, they are more reliable etc...

Windows machines are by far the more home-use machine for the simple fact that more people know how to use them and there is alot more software for them.

Personally, i dont like using MACs because i just want a home-use pc which can run every game, i dont need a MAC so i wont have one :)

and next time, dont put a mahcine down because of the fact its MSN Messenger version number is lower than Windows' :|
02-27-2004 06:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jordan2004

The Electronic Brain Community Admin

37 / Male / –
Macs would be very good, but it's the compatibility they lack. The majority of software (made by MS anyway) is for Windows, as they want you to use Windows.
02-27-2004 06:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Jordan2004
Macs would be very good, but it's the compatibility they lack. The majority of software (made by MS anyway) is for Windows, as they want you to use Windows.
It doesn't lack compatibility... If I follow your reasoning, then Windows is as muc has incompatible as the mac, cause it won't run mac programs....

You don't know mac programs cause you don't use them... There are many many many programs for the mac. And for every piece of Windows software, you'll find the equivalent mac software...

I for one, love to have a mac, because I do some video and sound editing from time to time (for theater and shows). If you once seen how a mac works and what you can do with it, you won't anything else... But of course, having yet another computer costs money, and I have to make choices, so... if I need todo vid/sound editing I go to my mates house who has a mac in his studio...

I can asure you, it's not crap at all... don't judge things without knowing them...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-27-2004 06:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: