What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Testers wanted for Messenger Plus! 2 Alpha

1 votes - 5 average   Testers wanted for Messenger Plus! 2 Alpha
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  Testers wanted for Messenger Plus! 2 Alpha
Hello folks!

Messenger Plus! 2 alpha version is almost finished so it's now time for me to search for people who are willing to test it. Testing an Alpha version is not the same thing as testing a beta version... for the Alpha version, you must have a good knowdedge of how to use your computer (get and set things in the registry, copy files, etc...) and you must be willing to work, not just to play around with the features you like... alpha testing require you to test every little bit of the program, give your opinion about any window, any feature, any pixel color.... it's a lot of efforts but you're being rewarded by having your name in the final release about box and by knowing that you made the difference between the current version and the one that I will distribute to the public.

I insist on the fact that I want serious people. Alpha testing require you to send a report every other day about what you did in the software, the problems you encountered, the things that do not seem to be very clear etc... if you think you're the man for the job (or the women... even better :)) then follow this procedure...

Send an email, not a PM, an email, to submissions not accepted anymore with all the requested information:
  • The reason why you want to be an alpha tester
  • The goal you want to achieve by doing this work
  • The Operating Systems where you will test MP2… the more the better but only one is good too
  • A quick summary of your PC configuration
  • Your experience in computer technologies (including how many years you’re using a PC and if you did some other beta testing before)
  • You name (or nickname)
  • Your e-mail
Important: everybody who wants to become an Alpha Tester has to follow this procedure. That means that you still have to do it even if I already approved you by chatting with you. There will be no exception. Your email will be used in a private and temporary mailing list and won’t be kept when the beta testing period finish. During alpha testing, I may require you to send me some files, including your chat logs and “no” is not an answer. I do not care much about what you say to your contacts, this is for debugging purpose only and I sure wont keep your logs more than a couple of hours. I’ll totally respect your privacy, you just have to trust me (I have other things to do than reading all your chats for entertainment purposes you know ;))

Finally, well, I apologize for the way I’m writing this message, I just want everybody to understand clearly what alpha testing is about. If you’re accepted, well, it will be fun as you’ll be the very first people to see what this new version of Messenger Plus! will look like :). Of course, I absolutely forbid anyone to post any kind of screenshot on any web site. This will be allowed for the Beta version, do not worry.
Your submission must be received before next Saturday (November 23th). If you’re approved, you’ll receive a confirmation email by Sunday along with the first alpha version of MP2. I’m counting on your support everyone!

Patchou.

This post was edited on 03-18-2003 at 05:54 PM by Johnny_Mac.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-20-2002 02:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Wow... I already received so many requests... note that I won't accept any more candidate after saturday, there will be absolutly no exception... the main reason being that I can't take so much to manage my mailing list next weeks, I'll have to concentrate on debugging my software :).

Thanks a lot for your interest everyone!
Patchou.
11-22-2002 06:24 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
One hour to go.... :)
11-23-2002 05:33 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P.
Time's up! thank for your participation.... I received so much request... even if have not been accepted, I hope you'll try out the beta version when it will be release (in some weeks).

Tomorrow, I'll send the alpha version to every selected Alpha Tester. Have a good WE!
11-23-2002 06:57 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Testers wanted for Messenger Plus! 2 Alpha
This thread is now closed. It had over 100 replies, mostly by impatient people asking when the alpha mail would be sent. Instead of going through and deleting the useless posts, I deleted them all. :P

Patchou has 193 alpha testers now, and he doesn't need any more.

If you have something to say about the alpha version, like if you find a bug, don't post it here. Instead, e-mail it to Patchou.
12-08-2002 11:16 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: