What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Madrid trains blast 11-M [one year ago]

Pages: (10): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Madrid trains blast 11-M [one year ago]
Author: Message:
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Madrid train blasts
Here (in Argentina) there were attacks like this by Arabic groups in 1992 (in the Israeli embassy) and in 1994 (in a jewish organization) with around 100 and 200 deaths respectively, so we kinda know how that feels. Plus, lots of argentines are living in Spain and Argentina is full of spanish inmigrants, so the two countries are quite close to each other and everybody is quite shocked at this.

My condolences.

(everyone is appending "X" to his nick at the beggining to show their support against the attacks in MSN Messenger, feel free to do it)

03-12-2004 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report

– / Male / –
i hope the people responsible for this get caught, lets hope for the actions of a few people we DO NOT over-react and go and bomb the fk out of another country. Afghanistan/Iraq 8o|

War solves nothing

Peace (Y)
03-12-2004 09:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
This is truely a sad thing that had to happen, I don't see how these people are accomplishing anything besides death.

*Sticky likes peace, and bloody avators :P
03-12-2004 03:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
It's perhaps the most horrific event this year and I pray it's the last.  RIP to those who have died
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-12-2004 05:43 PM
jpg050

41 / Male / Flag
Tried to answer yesterday but Internet was down, at least locally. Thanks Choli for telling me.
Mortal victims are 199 by now, and I particularly could have taken that train, or been in that station. A friend of mine problably saved his life because he got asleep yesterday. It's still uncertain who is the author and personally I believe Mr "Ansar", president of the Spanish Republic, is hiding some info, at least until the Sunday elections are over. Don't know who has been, but frankly I don't care. Don't really know what do some people have inside their head, well muslim terrorists, well ETA, well that president who goes bombarding countries to make oil cheaper, or well that other that wants to be a cowboy and joins him (and later mixes the oil with water, to make it even cheaper, I suppose) ...

My condolences for everybody who has been affected by this tragedy. We'll see how does this end...
[Image: spaplus.gif]
03-12-2004 07:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
This kind of terrorist attack is always tragic...it makes you wish people could just express their views and never resort to terrorism, but that's just an ideal world.
Al-Qaeda have admitted responsibility but I'm not sure that it was them...I think they could have just said it was them so they don't have to do anything themselves, we're sure to find out in the following days.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
03-12-2004 08:16 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jpg050that president who goes bombarding countries to make oil cheaper, or well that other that wants to be a cowboy and joins him (and later mixes the oil with water, to make it even cheaper, I suppose)

Why do people have to go off on unrealted rants, this topic is about the tradgedy that happened yesterday. Lets first think about that, and give the politics a rest.

My sencere condolonces and apologies go out to anyone involved in the tradgedy.

This is one of the things that we will never forget, and our children and grandchildren will be learning about in years to come
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
03-12-2004 08:48 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Madrid train blasts
I just arrived from the silent and solemn demonstration in Barcelona against terrorism. I still don't know how many people were there, but from Diagonal to Plaça Catalunya, the whole Passeig de Gràcia was crowded (Passeig de Gràcia represents NY's 5th Av. or Paris' Av. des Champs Elisées in witdh, at least). So there was about 1,5km-1mi (maybe not so long, but other streets like Diagonal or Aragón were crowded aswell) whith the whole crowd rejecting the terrorist act(s) occured yesterday.

It was very emotive.

I actualized the first post with the latest information, but I can't keep looking for more news... It makes me feel kinda sick of all, so if you find any interesting articles feel free to post it or to PM it so I add it to the first post.

Thanks for your support and specially to jpg, who firts-person experienced it.

This post was edited on 03-13-2004 at 09:41 AM by KeyStorm.
03-12-2004 09:10 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
I still can't believe it. :(

Argentina is with Spain.

My condolences to all the victims and their families.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
03-12-2004 09:16 PM
Pappapishu

Supreme god of unknown and vegetable

39 / Male / –
i've arrived from madrid's demonstration and, despite the (incredibly) heavy rain, 2.3million people have hit the streets to show they are fed up with terrorim, war and all...just hope all this is of any use.

i would start by not voting ansar again...(i never have, just for those who did)

my support to anyone directly or indirectly related to this tragedy(f)

i too died in that train....

This post was edited on 03-12-2004 at 10:26 PM by Pappapishu.
03-12-2004 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: