What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Madrid trains blast 11-M [one year ago]

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Madrid trains blast 11-M [one year ago]
Author: Message:
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Madrid train blasts
Here in Argentina a simultaneous manifestation took place supporting the spanish ones:
[Image: tapabuenosaires120304.jpg]
http://www.clarin.com/diario/hoy/um/m-723358.htm
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/04/03/12/dx_580937.asp

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Why do people have to go off on unrealted rants, this topic is about the tradgedy that happened yesterday. Lets first think about that, and give the politics a rest.
Well, this tragedy has probably much more to do with the war in Irak than what you think. It's quite on topic.

quote:
Originally posted by jpg050
A friend of mine problably saved his life because he got asleep yesterday.
It's amazing how many of these stories are around. I live thousands of kms away, still I have friends who know people who saved themselves that way.

quote:
I believe Mr "Ansar", president of the Spanish Republic, is hiding some info, at least until the Sunday elections are over. Don't know who has been
It's very :dodgy: how the Spanish government *too obviously* says "no no no no no, believe us, it WAS the ETA". They are sinking themselves... Aznar knows that if Al-qaeda was the author, his position in Sunday's election is completely lost.
quote:
(and later mixes the oil with water, to make it even cheaper, I suppose) ...
And sells it in Repsol YPF in Argentina :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by Sticky
i hope the people responsible for this get caught, lets hope for the actions of a few people we DO NOT over-react and go and bomb the fk out of another country. Afghanistan/Iraq 8o|

War solves nothing
Indeed. :clap:

This post was edited on 03-12-2004 at 10:27 PM by Guido.
03-12-2004 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pappapishu

Supreme god of unknown and vegetable

39 / Male / –
RE: Madrid train blasts
i dont know what to say any longer...just one question to ask...why?
03-12-2004 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jpg050

41 / Male / Flag
There's no "because".
[Image: spaplus.gif]
03-12-2004 10:36 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pappapishu

39 / Male / –
i do not doubt their innocence...this time, i think it's all been al Quaedas' doing. Al thx to ansar

This post was edited on 03-12-2004 at 10:57 PM by Pappapishu.
03-12-2004 10:51 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Madrid train blasts
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
It's very :dodgy: how the Spanish government *too obviously* says "no no no no no, believe us, it WAS the ETA". They are sinking themselves... Aznar knows that if Al-qaeda was the author, his position in Sunday's election is completely lost.
I'm impressed of how well informed you are! :O:)

The governing, Mr. "Ansar"'s,  party: PP (Popular Party, it's Mr. Aznar, btw) is like Republicans in USA, they assume themselves being center party, but they're a rather right-inclined. Well, they are against nationalism in Catalonia (Barcelona) and the Basque Country (Bilbao) (North-East and North respectively).

ETA is the group behind Basque Country independence. They used to do violent acts to polititians, policemen and sometimes civilians. Their worst act was in 1987 in a Supermaket in Barcelona: 21 civil deaths.

Catalonia government is since October left-inclined and rather nationalist, but against violence, therefore (I'll omit the issue with Carod-Rovira) ETA said they were not going to kill in Catalonia anymore, but in the rest of Spain thaet was mantained.

This arose many Spanish voices accusing this indignant stating of ETA. Among them, the PP kinda blamed the Catalonians for having voted nationalism.

I just told this for you to see that if PP makes Spain believe it was ETA, many Spaniards will go and vote them, because of them being the most important party against nationalism.

Nowadays they have an absolute majority so they are doing what they want, among other things: participating in the war, although 92% of Spaniards were against it.

14th March is general elections for Spanish Government. Isn't it strange they are trying to attract voters who were against war, who possibly critisized the way the government managed the Prestige-wreck at the North-West coast and the proved TV-manipulation?

Sorry, I had to say it. I hope none gets offended, because this is not my intention.

What a pity that I can't vote for exactly three weeks...

Anyway... A lot of argueing aboit politics won't take the victims again to life... so there's no point of going on discussing this.

Edit: afaik, I think ETA helped al-Qaeda in preparing this for two reasosns:

-An ETA van caught some weeks ago with about 100kg dynamite they were taking to Atocha.
-Some pamphlets by Eta were distributed in the Basque Country some days before encouraging Basques to boycott the urban train.

But ETA is very weak now. And they can't handle such a big thing alone, that's for sure...

But again, it goes against their principles.

This post was edited on 03-12-2004 at 11:16 PM by KeyStorm.
03-12-2004 10:52 PM
Pappapishu

39 / Male / –
not offended at all, in fact i am of the same opinion...except in barcelona there were 21 instead of 20 victims...

i do have the right to vote and i'm going to use it, i will use it against PP, against war, against terror, because i know voting mr ansar's succesor, rajoy will be really voting bush, and i will like a spaniard to be the one to screw everything up, 'cause, let's face it in these elections there isn't a correct option, just some lesser evils
03-12-2004 11:01 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Madrid train blasts
I'll support your vote, whatever it is, as long it is against PP. I'm about to correct the wrong number of victims, thanks.

Edit: [offtopic]Dane also hearing Evanescence :D[/offtopic]
Edit2: Supporting Pappapishu's new avatar :) (reminds me my hands few hours ago... sadly)

·: No a la Guerra || No al terrorismo :·

This post was edited on 03-12-2004 at 11:14 PM by KeyStorm.
03-12-2004 11:09 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
tragic. But scarry how western Europe has been hit now. No1 is safe anymore
03-12-2004 11:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pappapishu

39 / Male / –
ETA are great sons of b*tch*s, but i doubt even them are capable of such atrocities, this must be those fanatic muslims...
03-12-2004 11:13 PM
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Madrid train blasts
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I'm impressed of how well informed you are! :O:)
:gfdrin: I inform myself as well as I can :P

quote:
I just told this for you to see that if PP makes Spain believe it was ETA, many Spaniards will go and vote them, because of them being the most important party against nationalism.
And if the rest of the press makes Spain believe it was Al Qaeda, people will realise those people died because of Spain helping USA in the war in Iraq and therefore vote anyone but Aznar.

However, as I said, it's too obvious that they are just trying to wash the population's brains... c'mon, minutes after the attacks they already "were sure" it was ETA? :rolleyes:

quote:
What a pity that I can't vote for exactly three weeks...
wow... :-/

quote:
Anyway... A lot of argueing aboit politics won't take the victims again to life... so there's no point of going on discussing this.
Yes, the point of discussing this is to avoid future victims.

quote:
Edit: afaik, I think ETA helped al-Qaeda in preparing this for two reasosns:
Yeah, I thought this too, I don't think Al qaeda has so many spanish people in their organization so it's likely they "outsourced" the attack :P

quote:
Originally posted by ---+[Matty]+---
My best friends cousins dad works for the UN and indirectly told his son that they had caught Sadam a week earlier then aired it, and that "they have bin laden already" but then again he isn't able to say directly but hinted to it, so we will see if it is true. As well a physic says they will find him dead so take this for what its worth lol.
Errm...
1st, USA captured Saddam, not the UN... I don't think USA told the UN one week before.
2nd, unless your best friends counsins dad (which,btw, is a very very far relationship) is a very important person at the UN, be sure he doesn't have that info and says it to his son, directly or indirectly.
3rd, Bin Laden dead or captured won't mean the end of terrorism, it will just score some points for Bush's campaign (that's a fact, I'm not taking any sides here).

quote:
Originally posted by Pappapishu
let's face it in these elections there isn't a correct option, just some lesser evils
Welcome to this world, that happens always and everywhere :P

03-12-2004 11:14 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: