What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211

JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211
It's said that JrnzLoader also gets u MSN polygamy..why doesnt this work? I can only sign in offline on 1 account.

Could it be cuz i patched it with msn6_all_in_one_patch??? Or is it a bug in the new JrnzLoader?
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-18-2004 12:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dwergs

RE: JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211
Per time you run MSNLoader.exe an MSN Messenger client should be fired up. It doesn't work like regular polygamy patches where you have to start MSN Messenger (msnmsgr.exe) to run an extra client. Are you aware of this fact?
Hi, I'm dwergs. You might remember me from sites such as Mess with MSN Messenger and dwergs says.
03-18-2004 01:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211
quote:
Originally posted by dwergs
Per time you run MSNLoader.exe an MSN Messenger client should be fired up. It doesn't work like regular polygamy patches where you have to start MSN Messenger (msnmsgr.exe) to run an extra client. Are you aware of this fact?

Nope I didn't know that..but i can only run JrnzLoader once..if i click it a second time it just pops up the messenger that is already logged in..so what ur sayin is i should install MSNmessenger somewhere else too in order to be able to run a second messengeraccount with JrnzLoader?
03-18-2004 03:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Polygamy (what/why/how/etc...)
No...

I've made a big explainating of what/why/when/etc... If you're just lazy and want a fix, then read the last paragraph. But I suggest to read everything so you know a bit more about the "patches".

So, first things first....

What is a "patch"?
A patch is actualy a replacement of code. Most patches come in the shape of a seperate program that you have to run only once and this will alter the code of the target program permanently. For example, you can often download fixes from Microsoft to fix some bugs in their software. These are "patches". In similar way, you can download some patches for MSN Messenger like "remove-ad", "enable polygamy", "remove: user has typed message", etc... (but these are all illegal, by the way)

All this kind of patches are called also "HARD"-patches, because they alter the code permanently.

What is a "loader"?
Then there is a different kind of patch, called "SOFT"-patches or "Loaders". These do exact the same, only they don't patch a program's code in the actual programfile on disk. But they patch the code in memory when the program is loaded. This means that no harm is done to the actual file on your disk. You still have the original file. The MSNLoader from Jnrz is such a "SOFT"-patch.

How to alter the code?
Now... It depends on the program and it's inner workings to know what exactly you have to patch. Once you know what specific address in the program you need to patch to let the program do something, you can make your own patch-program.

What address I need to patch?
Often there are different addresses you can patch to let the program do what you want. And there lies the trouble. What is the most correct way/choice of address? Well, in case of polygamy for messenger, there are several addresses you can patch. Almost ALL hard-patches that can enable polygamy, patch 1 specific address to enable it. In fact, all the hard-patches I know of just copied that address from each other and claimed they are the one you should use. In essence, it is just the user-interface that's different, they all do the same thing.

Conflicts?
Now, the address that they patch conflicts with what Jnrzloader does. This means, Jnrzloader also want to patch Messenger (in memory) but since you've already patched Messenger with a hard-patch, some things may have changed within the program. This makes that Jnrzloader can't do what it is suppose to do and thus does nothing. In other words, all those hard-patches that enable polygamy aren't compatible with JnrzLoader.

So, in short, because you used the "all-in-one"-patch, it proberly also enabled polygamy already. This means you can't use JnrzLoader for polygamy. To test this, you can try to start MSN Messenger like you always did and try to start the program more then once. If this works without the use of JnrzLoader, then polygamy is indeed enabled.

How to solve it?
But I want to use the "appear offline" also? Well, in this case you have to make a carefull choice. Don't patch MSN Messenger for polygamy. In some hard-patches you can make this choice if you want polygamy or not. I don't know what the "all-in-one"-patch you mentionned exactly does, and I don't know if you realy want all the chances it makes. But this is what you can do, to let all things work together (this is also exactly what I do):

I want my MSN Messenger hard-patched with polygamy AND that I could use the loader also if I like. But as previous said, most polygamy-patches aren't compatible with JnrzLoader. Well, there is 1 polygamy patch that is! This is the only polygamy-hard-patch I know of that patches a different address then all the other hard-patches. This address IS compatible with JnrzLoader (heck it is the same address). This polygamy-hard-patch can be downloaded here: http://www.geocities.com/vulturzinc/

So, what you must do:
1) Reinstall/redownload your original non-patched MSN Messenger
2) Apply the polygamy-hard-patch I mentioned above:
    * click on "get msn"
    * choose the correct file (often C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe)
    * click on "test"
    * if everything is ok and a messagebox pops up that the file can be patched then click on "patch"
3) Now you've succesfully hard-patched your MSN Messenger for polygamy.
4) Now you can choose to startup multiple instances of Messenger by starting up msnmsgr.exe without the use of the loader. Or you can startup msnloader.exe to startup multiple instances of Messenger AND to be able to sign in "offline".

Note: You must use the correct version of JnrzLoader for your MSN Messenger. For each different build of MSN Messenger there is another loader. See http://www.jnrz.2kzone.net/, http://www.jnrzsystems.tk/ or http://jnrz.darkysoft.com/.

Note: current Jnrzloader websites are down, however you can find the JnrzLoader also on http://www.mess.be/. More specifically here:
* JnrzLoader for MSN Messenger 6.2.0137
* Universal JnrzLoader (should work on all versions)

This post was edited on 02-17-2005 at 11:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-19-2004 11:51 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: JnrzLoader 6.1.0.211
Thanks very much...it's working now...that that patch conflicted with jrnzloader is something u just gotta know...i didn't :(

Thanks for explanation too.....who knows i become a techie one day....i know quite alot but not as much as u do yet! Ta teach ;)

This post was edited on 03-19-2004 at 12:28 PM by Sunshine.
03-19-2004 12:01 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: