What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » !!!Portable Playstation!!!

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
!!!Portable Playstation!!!
Author: Message:
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. !!!Portable Playstation!!!
One of the highlights of the Sony news conference was the display of the much vaunted PSP. PSP is as revolutionary as the original PSOne, according to SCEA president Kaz Hirai. It includes wireless connectivity (802.11b), and it will offer high-quality movies, music and video in addition to 3D gaming similar to PS2 quality graphics. The initial target audience for the PSP is the 18-34 year-old market, people who have more disposable income.

The display is a 16x9, 4.3 inch widescreen LCD. This enhances in-game peripheral vision. The PSP has stereo speakers and 32MB ram and 4MB VRam. They will have regional lockouts on the UMDs. UMDs and can hold three times as much as traditional CD-ROMs. The PSP is also going to include a USB 2.0 slot and infrared dataport. Development for the PSP should not be a problem because it uses OpenGL. The PSP will contain a lithium-ion battery, which they say will enable 10 hours of playback.
[Image: psp!.jpg]

here's a close-up of the UMD
[Image: pspdisc!.JPG]

This post was edited on 05-12-2004 at 11:23 PM by Joe.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
05-12-2004 08:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
RE: PSP!
This is something I have been waiting for for a long time, a mini playstation.  I cant wait untill it comes out.  But it will probably cost an arm and a leg. :P
05-12-2004 09:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by pr0xy_nuk3r
This is something I have been waiting for for a long time, a mini playstation.  I cant wait untill it comes out.  But it will probably cost an arm and a leg. :P

Yeah I know. I mean Apple's iPod costs over $400 for the cheapest model.

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe2004
One of the highlights of the Sony news conference was the display of the much vaunted PSP. PSP is as revolutionary as the original PSOne, according to SCEA president Kaz Hirai. It includes wireless connectivity (802.11b), and it will offer high-quality movies, music and video in addition to 3D gaming similar to PS2 quality graphics. The initial target audience for the PSP is the 18-34 year-old market, people who have more disposable income.

The display is a 16x9, 4.3 inch widescreen LCD. This enhances in-game peripheral vision. The PSP has stereo speakers and 32MB ram and 4MB VRam. They will have regional lockouts on the UMDs. UMDs and can hold three times as much as traditional CD-ROMs. The PSP is also going to include a USB 2.0 slot and infrared dataport. Development for the PSP should not be a problem because it uses OpenGL. The PSP will contain a lithium-ion battery, which they say will enable 10 hours of playback.
[Image: psp!.jpg]

here's a close-up of the UMD
[Image: pspdisc!.JPG]

I have no idea how they can expect to get 10 hours out of 1 lithium-ion battery if the PSP has 802.11b, a CD drive and an LCD screen. There is no way in hell.
[Image: 7.png]
05-12-2004 09:35 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by chaos_grenade
I have no idea how they can expect to get 10 hours out of 1 lithium-ion battery if the PSP has 802.11b, a CD drive and an LCD screen. There is no way in hell.

Oh there's a way....it may make it weigh more than the Sega Gamegear :P but it's possible....I mean the IPOD, with a greyscale screen only has 8 hours :P
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-12-2004 09:47 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: PSP!
i bet they mean at the most... you could might maybe almost possibly reach 10 hours....

I'm guessin' around $300, but sony said it would be in competition with the gba sp, so i would put it in between $150-$200
BTW: welcome back chaos_grenade
05-12-2004 09:50 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: !!!Portable Playstation!!!
quote:
i bet they mean at the most... you could might maybe almost possibly reach 10 hours....

I'm guessin' around $300, but sony said it would be in competition with the gba sp, so i would put it in between $150-$200

I'm gonna buy one if they're less than $300...
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
05-13-2004 12:03 AM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: !!!Portable Playstation!!!
I'm still workin' on my Xbox... 200 mountain dew "DewU" points down, 350 to go... (if n e one drinks mountain dew, i'd appreciate your cap codes;)
-------------------------------------------
n e ways, the PSP should be a great hit and is probably coming during the holidays, so sounds like a good way to make a few million/billion for Sony
05-13-2004 01:17 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
I'm still workin' on my Xbox... 200 mountain dew "DewU" points down, 350 to go... (if n e one drinks mountain dew, i'd appreciate your cap codes;)
-------------------------------------------
n e ways, the PSP should be a great hit and is probably coming during the holidays, so sounds like a good way to make a few million/billion for Sony

I don't drink it, sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
quote:

I'm gonna buy one if they're less than $300...

IF they're less, which I highly doubt. I don't even see why Sony has tried to take Nintendo on the the handheld field. Nintendo will crush them. They have at least 5 years of monopoly behind them.
[Image: 7.png]
05-13-2004 01:35 AM
tomfletcherman

34 / Male / –
yeh, but sony are much better. The only thing nintendo have one up on them is that they own mario, donkey kong etc
05-13-2004 02:45 PM
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
The Nintendo DS is far better than the PSP.

And cheaper ;)

This post was edited on 05-13-2004 at 03:12 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

05-13-2004 03:11 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: