What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MsgPlus rock! ???

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MsgPlus rock! ???
Author: Message:
gatepass007

sAd boy mAd boy.

40 / Male / –
O.P. MsgPlus rock! ???
Hi all,
When I use MSN Loader for Muti-login then only one accounts windows doesn't contain MsgPlus rocks!, All other account's window contains MsgPlus rocks! ... can I remove that from every account? ^o)8-)
05-13-2004 03:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
RE: MsgPlus rock! ???
go to your preferences and change it under whatever account you are using
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
05-13-2004 03:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
"Never give out your password or credit card number..." on top of the conversation window is the security warning from Messenger that will be shown only the first 5 times when you log in with a new account and start a conversation.

In Messenger Plus! 2 you can change this in the Messenger Plus! Preferences to show "MsgPlus Rocks!" by default so that Messenger Plus! will overwrite the default message in your currently logged in MSN account with the one you have set.

Since Messenger Plus! 3 this feature has been removed. So if you want to change this message or disabled it you need to edit your Windows Registry yourself:

MSN Messenger related registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MessengerService\Policies\IMWarning

This REG_SZ key will contain the text used by MSN Messenger to show in conversations. If this key doesn't exist, the default text "Never give out your password or credit card number..." will be shown.

Setting this key will change the default security warning for ALL users on the PC.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<account_id>\WarningMsgCount

This REG_DWORD key will contain the number of times the security message will be shown. This is done by this counter in your registry. By default it is set to 5 and it will count backwards to 0! When it hits 0 the security message will not be shown anymore. Note that setting it to 20 for example, won't do any good. MSN Messenger will automatically correct this and start counting from 5 again.

However, you can set it to 4294967295 (decimal) or FFFFFFFF (hexadecimal) to disable the countdown and always show the security message.

Setting the WarningMsgCount key will change/disable the countdown per account; aka per .NET passport (<account_id> in registry key shown above). To find out the account id number for the correct .NET Passport, use Choli's MSN ID calculator or TReKiE's online MSN ID calculater.

Windows Live Messenger related registry settings:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<account_id>\WarningMsgCount

This REG_DWORD key will contain the number of times the security message was shown. This is done by this counter in your registry. By default it is set to 0 and it will count up to 5! When it hits 5 the security message will not be shown anymore.

Note that by setting it to anything between 5 and 2147483647 (decimal) or 5 and 7FFFFFFF (hexadecimal), it will not auto-correct anymore and will just keep the value and thus not show a security message. From 2147483648 (decimal) or 80000000 (hexadecimal) and upwards, it will start counting again.

However, you can also set it to 4294967295 (decimal) or FFFFFFFF (hexadecimal) to disable the count and always show the security message.

Setting the WarningMsgCount key will change/disable the countdown per account; aka per .NET passport (<account_id> in registry key shown above). To find out the account id number for the correct .NET Passport, use Choli's MSN ID calculator or the TReKiE's online MSN ID calculater.

Messenger Plus! 2 and 3 related registry settings:
these settings can be changed with Choli's Plus! Tweaker.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<net_passport>\Preferences\ChangeSecurityWarning

This REG_DWORD key is a boolean to enable/disable the Messenger Plus! feature to overwrite the security warning. If it is set to 1 (true), the feature will be enabled. If it is set to 0 (false), the feature will be disabled and Messenger Plus! will not overwrite the default MSN Messenger security warning.

Note that the WarningMsgCount key (see above) must also be set if you enable this Messenger Plus! feature or it will have no effect.

This key is per MSN account aka .NET Passport. This means you can enable/disable the security warning for each different MSN account.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<net_passport>\Preferences\SecurityWarningTxt

This REG_SZ key holds the actual text used by Messenger Plus! to overwrite the security message from MSN Messenger.

This key is per MSN account aka .NET Passport. This means you can have a different security warning for each different MSN account.

This post was edited so it can be used as a reference.

This post was edited on 07-18-2009 at 11:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-13-2004 09:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Or you can change it directly in your registry at (this will be needed in Messenger Plus! 3, as this feature is removed for a reason I don't know...):
it is removed in plus 3 because messenger only shows it 5 times (as you said) so you won't see it after then (it's useless have a feature you can't see/use)

However, it is only removed from the preferences of plus 3. you can still use that feature using a setting at the registry (not (only) the one you said, but another of plus). That can be usefull for msn messenger 5 and windows messenger 4 users. Btw, that setting is already included in my tweaker that I'll release as soon Patchou releases plus 3 :banana:
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-13-2004 11:14 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
it is removed in plus 3 because messenger only shows it 5 times (as you said) so you won't see it after then (it's useless have a feature you can't see/use)
True but why wouldn't patchou use the FFFFFFFF setting also, so you can actually choose to not show it (0) or always show it (FFFFFFFF)... ? Or maybe he didn't know about the FFFFFFFF-setting?

quote:
However, it is only removed from the preferences of plus 3. you can still use that feature using a setting at the registry (not (only) the one you said, but another of plus). That can be usefull for msn messenger 5 and windows messenger 4 users. Btw, that setting is already included in my tweaker that I'll release as soon Patchou releases plus 3 :banana:
Yeah I know, but that setting in the plus registry keys is per user, while normaly MSN Messenger's registry key is machine wide....

the Plus! 3 key (for people who wanna know):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_net_passport>\Preferences\SecurityWarningTxt

This post was edited on 07-19-2004 at 10:27 PM by CookieRevised.
05-13-2004 11:30 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
True but why wouldn't patchou use the FFFFFFFF setting also, so you can actually choose to not show it (0) or always show it (FFFFFFFF)... ? Or maybe he didn't know about the FFFFFFFF-setting?
I dunno, but I like more that no text is shown....
quote:
Yeah I know, but that setting in the plus registry keys is per user, while normaly MSN Messenger's registry key is machine wide....
that may be an advantadge for some people
quote:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_net_passport>\Preferences\SecurityWarningTxt
I think you're wrong. The key isn't named SecurityWarningTxt but IMWarning and the key ChangeSecurityWarning has to be set to true in order plus changes the text.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-13-2004 01:55 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: MsgPlus rock! ???
quote:
quote:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your_net_passport>\Preferences\SecurityWarningTxt
I think you're wrong. The key isn't named SecurityWarningTxt but IMWarning...

No, IMWarning is the keyname from MSN Messenger itself (see above). SecurityWarningTxt is the name that Plus uses...

quote:
and the key ChangeSecurityWarning has to be set to true in order plus changes the text.
true

This post was edited on 01-03-2007 at 10:39 PM by CookieRevised.
05-14-2004 08:09 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
IMWarning is the keyname from MSN Messenger itself (see above). SecurityWarningTxt is the name that Plus uses
That's true. As for why Plus! doesn't use the Messenger key, that's because this feature hasn't evolved much since Messenger 3.6, and in that time, the Messenger key didnt exist :). I didnt change it so that people could use different settings with different passeports. Anyway, Cookie is right, the feature is gone from Plus!3, at least, its gone from its GUI, as it makes little sense now.
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-17-2004 01:00 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ep1p

RE: RE: MsgPlus rock! ???
quote:

This REG_DWORD key will contain the number of times the security message will be shown. This is done by this counter in your registry. By default it is set to 5 and it will count backwards to 0! When it hits 0 the security message will not be shown anymore. Note that setting it to 20 for example, won't do any good. MSN Messenger will automatically correct this and start counting from 5 again.

This isn't correct anymore (well it doesn't match what I see with 7.0.0816). The counter now counts up to 5 from 0. When it gets to 5 it removes the message and stops counting. If you set it to 0 manually it still counts up. If its above 5 it seems to to not show the message. If its FFFFFFFF it leaves the message on constantly (like before).

When you open messenger it gets set back to 0 again. Anyone have a way round this as its starting to annoy me now..

thx,

john
08-20-2005 09:34 PM
ep1p

I've upgraded to 7.5 and still have the same problem. Anyone found a way around this yet? I still havent found out how to solve it yet other than manually setting it to 5 each time i start msn.

john
09-10-2005 05:53 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: