What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
and Default and Backup button  (as far as I'm concearned)
they aren't buttons, but "links"
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-21-2004 06:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Checked for double spaces also... recheck the list for your language ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-21-2004 06:48 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
The reason for the ampersands is to make it easier for e.g. disabled people who are unable to use the mouse. And it also makes handling Windows much quicker for us "normal" people who prefer the keyboard to the mouse.
I have some questions...
1. Why must those buttons not have ampersands?
2. Why are there ampersands on OK and Cancel buttons elsewhere? This is not normal in Windows! There is no need for that because OK = Enter and Cancel = Esc.
3. Apply normally has an ampersand in Windows. Why not here in Messenger Plus!?
4. Default and Backup buttons? Can't find them! Where?
05-21-2004 06:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Espaņol (Espana) (Lang_Espanol (Espana).ini)

Double spaces detected in or at the end of:
(=<space><space> instead of <space>. Note: this may be intentional or maybe not, so this is just reminder.)
[Dialog.UpdateNotif]DisableUpdate
minor bug, but fixed for the next version (Y)
thanks cookie ;)
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-21-2004 06:50 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
So does anyone know what happened with the greek translation?
Its not that i care because i dont use the greek translation...
But i want to know if our greek translators read this...
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
05-21-2004 06:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Leif

80 / Male / –
RE: RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Checked for double spaces also... recheck the list for your language ;)

Good point! Did that a week ago! Found two instances!  :o
But there still are lots of them in other translations. I had a sneak peak!
05-21-2004 06:53 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
The reason for the ampersands is to make it easier for e.g. disabled people who are unable to use the mouse. And it also makes handling Windows much quicker for us "normal" people who prefer the keyboard to the mouse.
I have some questions...
2. Why are there ampersands on OK and Cancel buttons elsewhere? This is not normal in Windows! There is no need for that because OK = Enter and Cancel = Esc.
1) Because those button are used in every window of the preferences. And thus if you used ampersands there, you can't use them anymore in any other possible subwindow of the preferences
2) Don't fully understand your questions there, what OK and Cancel buttons? There are many... Besides, like you explained yourself, ampersand are used by disabled people for example (if that answers this question)
3) Same reason as question 1
4) Nah... error from my part, they are links, but the keys are called "xxxButton"...

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
So does anyone know what happened with the greek translation? Its not that i care because i dont use the greek translation... But i want to know if our greek translators read this...
Hu? Dunno... Why? What do you mean? Greek is one of the languages that has the least "errors"... :undecided: (PS: this thread isn't meant to talk about such things, so please don't ;))

This post was edited on 05-21-2004 at 07:05 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-21-2004 07:03 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
RE: RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Leif
I have some questions...
1) Because those button are used in every window of the preferences. And thus if you used ampersands there, you can't use them anymore in any other possible subwindow of the preferences
2) Don't fully understand your questions there, what OK and Cancel buttons? There are many... Besides, like you explained yourself, ampersand are used by disabled people for example (if that answers this question)
3) Same reason as question 1

1. Of course I can't use ampersands on the same letters elsewhere. But as a translator it is my job to check these things.
2. In Messenger Plus! there are ampersands on all OK and Cancel buttons (except for the Preferences window). There is NO NEED for ampersands on these buttons (probably that is the reason why there are no ampersands on them in Windows). No need for accelerators on these two buttons as Enter and Esc work OK here. No need to tab to those buttons either. Using tab is the only way to get to those keys with no ampersands on them (but this does NOT apply to OK and Cancel as stated earlier).
3. Same argument as # 1

Conclusion:
A. Get rid of the ampersands on all OK and Cancel buttons. No need for them and it is not normal to have them in Windows, since you can use Enter and Esc.
B. Put an ampersand on the Apply button (but make sure that you don't use the same letter elsewhere in Preferences, of course).
These simple steps will make it easier for disabled people and furthermore it will conform to normal Windows "behaviour". Two birds, one stone.
05-21-2004 07:34 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Note about CurrentLanguageA. As specified in the translation guidelnes document, you have to write the name of your language, as said in your language, without any special punctuation. The only exception is when your file is distributed in Unicode and your language name cannot be written with the european alphabet. Then, you have to write the name of your language in english.

Example: for French, write Francais
                for Japanese write Japanese

CurrentLanguageM must always contain the name of your language, as said in your language, with all the characters of your language :)
[Image: signature2.gif]
05-21-2004 07:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
nus

Humanoid Typhoon is coming!

– / Male / –
Thanks CookieRevised;

Kanashimi wo yasashisa ni
05-21-2004 07:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: