What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Author: Message:
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
i was happy not seeing the french file in your list lol, but it was before your edit ^^ anyway, i fixed it ;) but i didn't received any new beta, i'm still with 3.00.91 :-/
[Image: rdmazu.php]
05-21-2004 09:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
but i didn't received any new beta, i'm still with 3.00.91
that's right. Translators have only received .91 and they won't get any other more until the release day. However beta testers have received .92
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-21-2004 10:36 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
At some requests I rechecked some updated language files that I recieved, they pasted those "tests" that I did for this thread (which aren't realy tests, just a comparison with defaultLg.dat and the translation with Choli's Translator). But when I had a quickview with them in Messenger Plus!, I discovered that there are still translations with too long lines.

So, please check your translation for too long lines by actually browsing thru every possible menu/dialog/etc...!!!

This post was edited on 05-22-2004 at 05:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-22-2004 05:21 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Update (especialy for Greek language):
Please check your language for leftover chunks of the original English file!

PS: Maybe I have no right in saying this, but I'm personaly very ashamed that some translations are included in Plus!. They are simple not worth the be put in IMO. I know I also left some small mistakes into the Dutch one, but that's nothing compared to what a mess some languages realy are...

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 07:48 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-24-2004 07:40 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
PS: Maybe I have no right in saying this, but I'm personaly very ashamed that some translations are included in Plus!. They are simple not worth the be put in IMO. I know I also left some small mistakes into the Dutch one, but that's nothing compared to what a mess some languages realy are...
I haven't tested all translations as hard as Cookie has, but if what he has been saying these days is true (and I belive on him that it is) I agree with him. Several translations aren't good enough...
05-24-2004 08:01 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
i agree too... :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
05-24-2004 08:08 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user17033
Disabled Account

RE: RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
They are simple not worth the be put in IMO.

hi cookie,
how do you decide what language is worth?
did you find not translated strings or do you conclude from the errors the user are posting here?
anyway, i hope you don't mean the german translation (A)
but please let us know what we can improve if you include our translation into your statement!
05-24-2004 10:21 PM
Leif

80 / Male / –
Obviously, he does NOT mean the German translation. It's splendid! I only found some minor mistakes in it. The biggest one is this:
CheckPlusButton=Auf &Plus! prüfen
ProfileButton=&Profil anzeigen
Both on buttons in the same window. Not very nice! ;)

Edit:
Just found &Weiter (on a button) and &Wortfilter exportieren

Must say that the German translation is the best I've seen so far! Apart from the Swedish one, of course! ;)

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 10:31 PM by Leif.
05-24-2004 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by gooofi
how do you decide what language is worth?
i think he bases in
quote:
•    Important: one mistake is human but multiple errors due to improper testing will result in the translation for a given language to be completely suspended. You have to understand that Messenger Plus! is being translated in a lot of languages and problems that can be detected easily can only mean that the translation itself suffers from a lack of work. Again, keep in mind that tens of thousands of people will use your translation and all of them will be expecting professional results.

05-24-2004 10:33 PM
user17033
Disabled Account

@Leif
and i thought PlusChecker should find the double ampersands :S
thanks for reporting :)

edit » btw: are all of you checking other languages? i'm a little bit shocked how many translators are checking the german translation :D

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 10:46 PM by user17033.
05-24-2004 10:39 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: