What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
1 votes - 5 average   ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Author: Message:
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Dansk (Lang_Danish.ini)

Faulty use of the ampersand "&":
In [Dialog.Preferences]ApplyButton (the Preferences window), Patchou asked NOT to put '&'-shortcuts on buttons. (see DefaultLg.dat)

Very minor thing:
Almost all lines in the translation ends with a space. Although this is not a real fault, it isn't needed...

Hmm...!
I was told that it was alright to use an ampersand on the apply button.
Besides, when I submitted my file to Patchou I included this:

"...And in regards to [Dialog.Preferences], I've left things as they were. E.g.
no ampersands on OK and Cancel, only Apply. I've been told that it's alright
to have an ampersand on Apply. If you disagree, feel free to remove it (or
notify me about it) before the final release."

This means that Patchou must have been OK with it since he accepted the file and didn't change a thing.

In regards to the space af each line thing... I'll be glad to remove 'em if someone tells me how. But isn't it a bit late for that? I mean the program's been released already. :)

//Zred
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
05-25-2004 06:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
about puting a space or not before ":" : well, it really doesn't matter very much... what is really important is that the whole transaltion keeps the same look. if you decide to put a space always except for one word sentences, that's right. The important thing is keep some guidelines with all the translation. It has to be coherent (or how you write it) ;)

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
But isn't it a bit late for that? I mean the program's been released already.

TRANSLATORS: Patchou is going to release a new version of Plus! (3.01) soon, so I'd suggest you to correct all mistakes of your translations. I think he'll accept the changes.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-25-2004 07:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
quote:
I was told that it was alright to use an ampersand on the apply button. Besides, when I submitted my file to Patchou I included this:

"...And in regards to [Dialog.Preferences], I've left things as they were. E.g. no ampersands on OK and Cancel, only Apply. I've been told that it's alright to have an ampersand on Apply. If you disagree, feel free to remove it (or notify me about it) before the final release."

This means that Patchou must have been OK with it since he accepted the file and didn't change a thing.
As far as I know Patchou doesn't change anything in the translations, even if there are errors in it.

Anyways, I once asked this also to Patchou (for the translation of 2.xx), back then he told me to follow the guidelines/comments in the INI file. So I did. I realy like a clear decission on this from Patchou. It's either allowed, or it isn't (If it isn't, I don't argue with that, it's Patchou's program, not mine!!!!). But saying: "itsn't allowed, but if you feel like it then do it" isn't exactly a clear rule if you ask me.....

But other then that, there are only a few translations which brake the rule asked in the INI ("No ampersand on buttons in this section"). This means that all the others, do follow the rule, regardless of how it might be in Windows or etc... etc... .....

quote:
In regards to the space af each line thing... I'll be glad to remove 'em if someone tells me how.
With notepad?
Blah... I know it will take too long... Well, here is a trick, open up your translation in Word and replace "<space>^p" with "^p" ;)
(note "^p" is the code for "new paragraph in Word) If you aren't certain on how to do this exactly, I'm glad to do it for you if you like ;) send me a PM)...

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 07:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-25-2004 07:45 PM
user17033
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
TRANSLATORS: Patchou is going to release a new version of Plus! (3.01) soon, so I'd suggest you to correct all mistakes of your translations. I think he'll accept the changes.

thank you for the information - file sent to patchou :)
05-25-2004 07:46 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ALL TRANSLATORS READ THIS ASAP (faults in current translations for msgplus 3)
Urgh... I realy need to stop doing this :$ ... I found a mistake in English translation file. This means that many translations are proberly suffering from this.

Note: this is a very minor thing!

Original:
[Dialog.ContactSelector]
PersoStatNoContactMsg=..........will be sent.\n(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :).

Comments:
Patchou started the sentence with "(" and ended with ".". But ":)" is meant as a smiley (I assume). So the punctuation is wrong I think. It should either be:
(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :))
or
If you don't, this option serves no purpose really :).
or (thanks Leif)
If you don't, this option serves no purpose really. :)

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 08:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-25-2004 08:21 PM
user17033
Disabled Account

@CookieRevised
not wrong in my translation (A)

* user17033 is a striver 8-|

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 08:30 PM by user17033.
05-25-2004 08:28 PM
Leif

81 / Male / –
or
If you don't, this option serves no purpose really.  :)
05-25-2004 08:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Patchou started the sentence with "(" and ended with ".". But "" is meant as a smiley (I assume). So the punctuation is wrong. It should either be:
strictly speaking you're right, but people (as good example s patchou himself) use to write "(bla bla bla :)" meaning "(bla bla bla :))" because the ")" is for both finish the "( and complet the smilie ;)
quote:
will be sent.\n(if you don't,
also, the "i" of the "if" should be upper cased.

I've just checked the spanish translation: lol, look:
Debe seleccionar al menos un contacto al que enviar el mensaje.\n(Si no, esta opción sirve de poco :P ).
we didn't do that on pourpose :banana:
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-25-2004 08:35 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend