What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?

Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?
Author: Message:
olive

O.P. Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?
While I was waiting 4 plus! it logged in MSN way. Now that Plus! is out I'd like to keep only oner version of log. So it would be pretty useful if I can convert those normal MSN chat logs to plus! format and let Plus! manage them.
05-23-2004 11:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?
I hope you have some knowledge of file manipulation (opening, editing, copying, pasting, etc...) in Windows and some knowledge of how the MSN logs works. Otherwise it is hard to explain step by step what you must do.

Use the attached XSL instead of the original MessageLog.xsl that you'll find in your MSN log directory. So rename the original one (to keep it if needed again later) and replace it with the attached one.

(The XSL file contains the layout of how the XML logs should be displayed in the browser)

So, after replacing the XSL, open the logs one by one in your browser and save them as TXT files (you have to use the emailaddress of the contact as filename of course). BTW, best is to use the "Microsoft Internet Explorer"-browser to make sure your XML-logs are read properly. (Some browsers might not read them well).

Move the saved TXT files to the correct folder (depending on where your Plus-logs are saved and on how you archive them (per month, per user)).

XSL file for Plus!-style MSN logs (zipped because I can't upload XSL's to this forum):

.zip File Attachment: MessageLog (Plus!-style).zip (1.75 KB)
This file has been downloaded 845 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-23-2004 at 01:07 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-23-2004 01:05 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by olive
While I was waiting 4 plus! it logged in MSN way. Now that Plus! is out I'd like to keep only oner version of log.
Sorry to tell you this but the logging has been available in all previous versions of Plus!...and it hasn't changed in the new one released today...

This post was edited on 05-23-2004 at 02:03 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
05-23-2004 02:03 PM
olive

O.P. RE: Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?
I know, but I didnt use Plus! before.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Originally posted by olive
While I was waiting 4 plus! it logged in MSN way. Now that Plus! is out I'd like to keep only oner version of log.
Sorry to tell you this but the logging has been available in all previous versions of Plus!...and it hasn't changed in the new one released today...
05-23-2004 02:14 PM
olive

O.P. RE: Can I convert MSN chat log to plus! format?
After replacing I can open logs in Plus! style but I cant save them as plain texts -- While 'save as', only selections are 'xml' and 'xsl'.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

So, after replacing the XSL, open the logs one by one in your browser and save them as TXT files (you have to use the emailaddress of the contact as filename of course). BTW, best is to use the "Microsoft Internet Explorer"-browser to make sure your XML-logs are read properly. (Some browsers might not read them well).

Move the saved TXT files to the correct folder (depending on where your Plus-logs are saved and on how you archive them (per month, per user)).

XSL file for Plus!-style MSN logs (zipped because I can't upload XSL's to this forum):
05-23-2004 02:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
In that case select all the text and copy/paste it to notepad and save from there...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-23-2004 05:17 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: