What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Albanian Translation (REVIEW)

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Albanian Translation (REVIEW)
Author: Message:
Leif

81 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - ALBANIAN - Translation
A quick look-through revealed these too long lines:
ShortcutLbl=Reseto shkurtesėn e Statusit:
UseInChatCheck=Pėrdor emra tė kostumizuar tė kontakteve gjatė bisedave
Label3=Kjo veēori i bėnė shkronjat e kontakeve tuaja tė dukėn si tė juajat.
Text2=Kuadro i shkurtesės: Ctrl + R. Shkurtesa e Formatimit: Ctrl + (K,B,U,T,S,O).
Label2=Identifikues i Statusit tė fshehtė:
Label3=Shkurtesė e aktivizimit tė shpejtė:
Label5=Emėro etiketėn e statusit:
Label1=Dosja e Bisedave tė ruajtura:
AutoLogTxt=Auto-ruajtja mund tė jetė vėnė on/off pėr ēdo kontakt
WordWrapCheck=Automatik ri-shkruarja e fjalėve
SysEventCheck=&Inqizo aktivitet e kontaktit e bisedės sė ruajtur (ndėrrimi i statusit, ...)
Text2=Ngjarjet tė cilat do tė gjenerojna paralajmėrime pėr tė gjitha kontaktet tuaja:
ListPrivacy=Mbrotja e Informatave Personale
Text3=Mesazhi mund tė dėrgohet nė ēdo dritare tė bisedės e cila ėshtė e hapur.
Label1=Statusi gjatė kohes kur ėshtė i mbyllur:
EncryptCheck=&Enkripto tė gjitha bisedat e ruajtura tė miat pėr tė mbrojtur informatat e mia personale
Text1=Messenger Plus! mund tė kontrolloj vetėm konto tė hotmailit. Messenger Plus! mund tė pėrparoj me anė tė kontrollimit tė POP3 e-mail accounts.
WordCheck=&Tė gjithė fjalėn vetėm
Label1=Teksti pėr tė kėrkuar:
ContactMaybePlus=Kontakti mundet ose nuk mundet t'a ketė Messenger Plus! tė instaluar.
CheckPlusButton=Kontrollo pėr &Plus!
ContactLabel=Identifkimi i Kontaktit:
Back to the drawing-board, ...

Edit: And it is still saved as Unicode! A waste of space and a real drag for those with pre-XP versions. Use ANSI, please!

Edit2:
Too long ...
Text1=Preferencat e kėtij pėrdoruesi janė mbyllur me njė fjalėkalim nga administratori i kėtij pėrdoruesi. Ju duhet tė shkruani fjalėkalimin e saktė pėr t'i shikuar apo ndėrrua preferencat.

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 03:21 PM by Leif.
05-24-2004 02:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
_BassReFLeX_

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! 3 - ALBANIAN - Translation
Hi :^)

I've made some more corrections and I keep correcting and finding "bugs" on this bloody translation.

quote:
Originally posted by Leif

I said ! Words can not be shorten anymore! It will lose the meaning, that's how the language is ^o)

quote:
Edit: And it is still saved as Unicode! A waste of space and a real drag for those with pre-XP versions. Use ANSI, please!

With all do respect, Mr.Leif it's ANSI and not Unicode! (It was...)

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
he'll put your translation in the next version. meanwhile, albanian users can download and use your translation from your link. please, don't remove it or attach the file here, at the forums.

NOOOO!! :'( :'( :'( :'( I want it at start ... NO !! :'(

Patchou ? :^)

(I might have to create a patch if this doesn't happen :( ppl are n00b here)

quote:
Originally posted by CookieTheGenius
I know I said that CurrentLanguageA should be Shqip, but I didn't say that you had to switch it with CurrentLanguageM  So, in other words, it should be:
CurrentLanguageA=Shqip
CurrentLanguageM=Shqip

Well, I didn't understand. Sorry ! It's fixed now. We use Shqip when we talk about our own language but in international they use Albanian ! However, check this out and tell if I should change or leave it Shqip - Shqip ... Also the double spaces I checked them all with Find Text. Found them all, fixed them all.

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 04:31 PM by _BassReFLeX_.
:)
05-24-2004 04:30 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by _BassReFLeX_
quote:

I said ! Words can not be shorten anymore! It will lose the meaning, that's how the language is ^o)
Words can't be shortend, but you can change the sentences. You MUST do this, and you can do this in ANY language; we all had to deal with it...

For example:
[Dialog.ImpExport]
Original: ExpGenPrefCheck=Eksporto preferencat e &pėrgjithshme (tekstet e shpejta, statuset...)
Fixed: ExpGenPrefCheck=Eksporto preferencat e &pėrgjithshme

quote:
quote:

With all do respect, Mr.Leif it's ANSI and not Unicode! (It was...)
No it still is saved in Unicode. You used the basic ANSI characterset, you didn't use any unicode characters, so there is no need to save it as Unicode and waste valuable space...

quote:
quote:
he'll put your translation in the next version. meanwhile, albanian users can download and use your translation from your link. please, don't remove it or attach the file here, at the forums.

NOOOO!! :'( :'( :'( :'( I want it at start ... NO !! :'(
Patchou ? :^)
(I might have to create a patch if this doesn't happen :( ppl are n00b here)
No, you don't... If your translation is finished and good (all errors are gone) then Patchou will add it to the next update of Plus!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I know I said that CurrentLanguageA should be Shqip, but I didn't say that you had to switch it with CurrentLanguageM  So, in other words, it should be:
CurrentLanguageA=Shqip
CurrentLanguageM=Shqip

Well, I didn't understand. Sorry ! It's fixed now. We use Shqip when we talk about our own language but in international they use Albanian!
Well, you gave your own answer...

CurrentLanguageA should be the word you use in your own language, but with restricted characters (this means a to z, A to Z, and some special characters like (, _, -, ... Thus no é č ś ą etc...)

CurrentLanguageM should be the word you use in your own language, but here you can use all characters (including é č ś ą etc...) But since the word "Shqip" doesn't have them both CurrentLanguageA and CurrentLanguageM  are the same...

All this can be known if you read http://files.msgplus.net/data/TranslationGuidelines.doc. I strongly suggest you read that before doing anything else...

So, some minor things still left that needs to be fixed:

Sometimes you use:
   <sentence><space>:
and sometimes
   <sentence>:
So either use "<space>:" everywhere or use ":" everywhere ;)

Sometimes you use:
   <sentence><space>...
and sometimes
   <sentence>...
So change "<space>..." to "..."

[PrefDlg.SndConfig]
original: Text1=..........menynė pėr mė shume listėn komplete.)
fixed: Text1=..........menynė pėr mė shume listėn komplete).

blah... I'm not going to spend anymore time on this....
First fix all the things we've pointed out (especially all the too long sentences), then I'll check again....

This post was edited on 05-24-2004 at 07:10 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-24-2004 07:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
(I might have to create a patch if this doesn't happen  ppl are n00b here
Cookie has also replied to you about this, but I want to stress this because it's very important: You are not allowed to do any patch nor modify the messenger plus setup program in any way (like you used (or use) to do). Doing such things is totally illegal. Please do not do.
Messenger Plus! en espańol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-24-2004 07:37 PM
_BassReFLeX_

– / Male / –
Hi !

I've made more corrections. Spaces, long translations and all you mentioned. I've changed it to ANSI... it's Shqip - Shqip, NO PATCH for translation, what else ?

http://www.bassreflex.biz/albanian.zip or attachment.

i'll never translate again.

.ini File Attachment: Lang_Albanian.ini (62.04 KB)
This file has been downloaded 302 time(s).
05-25-2004 10:13 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
I've made more corrections. Spaces, long translations and all you mentioned. I've changed it to ANSI... it's Shqip - Shqip, NO PATCH for translation, what else ?
i'll never translate again.
It seems like you aren't very happy with our comments about your translation. Don't be like that. Being a tranlsator is a very hard job and we only want help you. Note that the translations have to be as good and professional as the software they're done for, Plus!. What a pity if you don't translate any more... :-/
Messenger Plus! en espańol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-25-2004 10:49 AM
Leif

81 / Male / –
Yes, don't give up now! You're almost there, mate!! Keep up the good work!!!

Found some more minor things:

A bit too long:
WordCheck=&Tė gjithė fjalėn vetėm
Label3=Kjo veēori i bėnė shkronjat e kontakeve tuaja tė dukėn si tė juajat.
Text2=Kuadro i shkurtesės: Ctrl + R. Shkurtesa e Formatimit: Ctrl + (K,B,U,T,S,O).
Label2=Paraqtije e menjėhershme e Shkurtesės
PrefixMsg=Shto para&shtesė nė mesazhet e mia tė vjetra
MaxLineCount=Numri maksimum i linjave tė Kujtesės sė Tekstit:
Label1=Duke formatuar mesazhin auto-pergjigjės:
Label3=Shkurtesė e aktivizimit tė shpejtė:
WordWrapCheck=Automatik ri-shkruarja e fjalėve
SysEventCheck=&Inqizo aktivitet e kontaktit e bisedės sė ruajtur (ndėrrimi i statusit,...)
Text2=Ngjarjet tė cilat do tė gjenerojna paralajmėrime pėr tė gjitha kontaktet tuaja:
TitleNotif=Mėnyrat qė tė jesh i njoftuar nga kontaktėt tuaj pėr aktivitet
ListPrivacy=Mbrotja e Informatave Personale
IconText=Ikoni i Messenger - it gjat kohės kur ai ėshtė i fshehur (klilo pėr tė ndrruar) :
Label1=Statusi gjatė kohes kur ėshtė i mbyllur:
EncryptCheck=&Enkripto tė gjitha bisedat e ruajtura tė miat pėr tė mbrojtur informatat e mia personale
NoPwd=Asnjė fjalėkalim nuk ėshtė inqizuar momentalisht.
TitlePrivacy=Mbroji Informatat Personale, mbylle ose fshiheni Messenger - in
Text1=Messenger Plus! mund tė kontrolloj vetėm konto tė hotmailit. Messenger Plus! mund tė pėrparoj me anė tė kontrollimit tė POP3 e-mail accounts.
ProgFile=Klient pėr e-mail apo link:
TextScreen1=Kjo wizard ju lejon tė eksportoni tė gjitha preferencat e Messenger Plus! -it nė njė fajll. Ju pastaj mund t'i importoni preferencat tuaja mė vonė nė njė kompjuter tjetėr, apo tė pėrdorni fajllin si fajll kopie e nevojshme.

No ampersand:
UseInChatCheck=Pėrdor emra tė kostumizuar tė kontakteve gjatė bisedave
EnableCheck=Vėje kuadron e Ikonave tė Shpejta
DelayedParenthesis=Paraqit kuadron kur ndonjė shkurtesė ėshtė shtypur
AutoDisplayCheck=Paraqit dritarėn e Stat. tė Personalizuar kur statusi juaj vėhet Larg

Collision of ampersands:
BoostMsgSizeCheck=&Rriti maksimumin e mesazhit deri nė 1100 shkronja
EnhanceCheck=&Rrite formatin e toolbar - it me veēoritė e Messenger Plus! - it

ArchiveMultiDirRadio=Krijo dosje tė &ndryshme pėr secilin fajll
ArchiveEventsCheck=&Ngjarjet

ArchiveOneDirRadio=Krijo dosje ēdo &muaj pėr ēdo fajll
ArchiveMsgCheck=&Mesazhet e Thjeshta

05-25-2004 11:35 AM
_BassReFLeX_

– / Male / –
Hi...

Yet another update of this shitty translation.
www.bassreflex.biz/albanian.zip - is standard URL for downloading it although I'll attach it every time I update it .

quote:
It seems like you aren't very happy with our comments about your translation. Don't be like that. Being a tranlsator is a very hard job and we only want help you.

Well, it's not that I aint happy. It's just that when I come and look for results of translation, there is always an error. I fix it then later come to see if there is something new, and find yet another error. This makes me crazy ! However, I decided to finish this, and I'm aware that without help of you guys, there wouldn't be a perfect translation as Choli said: Plus! is perfect, and it needs a perfect translation

quote:
Yes, don't give up now! You're almost there, mate!! Keep up the good work!!!

Yeh... I'm struggling :P

also

quote:
Found some more minor things:

A bit too long:

I've once again checked these. 90% of things you mentioned got fixed. Somethings left behind, it's just that I can't find any possible way to truncate them more. Ampersands also fixed.

Hope this will be the ending of this dodgy translation. I never imagined myself translating again, I like coding more, but that's how it goes...

Thanks ! :)

.ini File Attachment: Lang_Albanian.ini (61.8 KB)
This file has been downloaded 313 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 05:59 PM by _BassReFLeX_.
05-25-2004 05:56 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
(y)...
But a big tip:

The thing is, we can report bugs and suggestions but you need to check similar things also. Especially if we give examples of errors. That means that you must fix the example, but also look for any other similar errors.

For example, I said
[Dialog.ImpExport]ExpGenPrefCheck was too long and I suggested to loose the things between the "(" and ")". But this means, you not only need to fix this example but also you need to check the other similar keys:

ImpGenPrefCheck=Importno preferencat e &pėrgjithshme (tekstet e shpejta, statuset...)
ImpContactCheck=Importo informacione tė veēanta pėr ko&ntaktin (zėra, emra,...)
ExpGenPrefCheck=Eksporto preferencat e &pėrgjithshme
ExpContactCheck=Eksporto informacionin e veēant tė k&ontaktit (zėrat, emrat,...)

(all four are too long, but you only fixed the example I gave ;))

And that's why we keep reporting errors and you keep fixing them. So if you did check other instances of the same error that we report, you wouldn't had so much work to do... ;)

;)
anyways, hang on and I'll fix some more (technical) things for you... I'll post the new file in half an hour...

EDIT:
PS: And don't follow the original English translation too literaly. There can be mistakes there too. For example:
PersoStatNoContactMsg=..........will be sent.\n(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :).

Patchou started the sentence with "(" and ended with ".", because ":)" is meant as a smiley. So this is wrong. It should either be:
(if you don't, this option serves no purpose really :))
or
If you don't, this option serves no purpose really :).

EDIT2: And you say you can't shorten anymore lines... Well, yes you always can. I see that you translate many lines word for word literaly from English. This isn't needed. You must translate the English lines, and stay as close as possible, yes, true. But you can also say things in an other way. As long as the essence is kept. For example:
[PrefDlg.MiscOpt]
ShortcutLbl=Reseto shkurtesėn e Statusit:

This is too long, yet you say you can't truncate it anymore, but I think you can:
ShortcutLbl=Shkurtesėn:
The whole paragraph is about the shortcut, so if your literal translation is too long, you can loose the name "Reset Status"...

Another example of how you can shorten sentences:
[PrefDlg.POP3Email]
Text1=Messenger Plus! mund tė kontrolloj vetėm konto tė hotmailit. Messenger Plus! pėrparon me anė tė kontrollimit tė POP3 e-mail kontove.

This is again too long, but why not make it into 1 sentence?
Text1=Messenger Plus! mund tė kontrolloj vetėm konto tė hotmailit <and it> pėrparon me anė tė kontrollimit tė POP3 e-mail kontove.
Note: of course I don't know Albanian, but I hope you get my point...

Another example:
Like I said, I don't know Albanian, but do you need this:
Zėri i cili do tė dėgjohet
to say "sound to play" or "play sound" or "soundfile" or even shorter: "sound"?

In this manner, all the too long lines can be fixed... Every sentence in any language can be said in many different ways, so play with it until your lines aren't too long anymore...

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 07:16 PM by CookieRevised.
05-25-2004 06:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Here is an updated version.

I fixed some "technical" stuff... So you don't have to do that anymore. So now you can concentrait on fixing spelling mistakes and all those too long lines (and don't forget to check the buttons too ;))

.ini File Attachment: Lang_Albanian.ini (61.73 KB)
This file has been downloaded 344 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-25-2004 at 07:22 PM by CookieRevised.
05-25-2004 07:21 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: