What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN sounds...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
MSN sounds...
Author: Message:
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
RE: MSN sounds...
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
hey guys will there be more sounds in the upgrade of msn msssenger i hope so
Chances are very slim, I wouldn't hope for them...... What new sound would they add without making it a jukebox btw? the current sounds seems enough in my view.

but that don't have to be like i said just 2 or 3 more sounds ;):P
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
08-14-2004 06:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
cyberx

i'd like to know if someone knows how to put or make new sounds in msn plus... for example: I have a wav file ... can i put this file to be played in msn plus with a comand like /sdoh or something like this?
08-15-2004 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cyberx
i'd like to know if someone knows how to put or make new sounds in msn plus... for example: I have a wav file ... can i put this file to be played in msn plus with a comand like /sdoh or something like this?
As of right now there is no way. Maybe in the new version Patchou will make this an option. But for now there isn't.
08-15-2004 11:49 PM
shazza

Wow,  I thought I was the only one with the same problem. None of the default MSN sounds work, and are not in the Sounds option. MY default MSG plus sounds weren't working for awhile (/sdoh etc) but this was because of the plug-in Auditor, which I uninstalled.

I hope this sound problem is fixed soon.
08-28-2004 03:21 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shazza
Wow,  I thought I was the only one with the same problem. None of the default MSN sounds work, and are not in the Sounds option. MY default MSG plus sounds weren't working for awhile (/sdoh etc) but this was because of the plug-in Auditor, which I uninstalled.

I hope this sound problem is fixed soon.
You dont have any sound options when you go to the Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > and the Sounds tab.

Nothing appears there for MSN Messenger?

If this is the case you may run this registry entry that will add back MSN Messenger into the Sound Schemes but you may have to change the path to the files if you didn't install MSN Messenger to the Program Files or if you are using a different language.

This post was edited on 10-12-2004 at 09:43 PM by matty.
08-28-2004 03:39 AM
shazza

Thanks for that, but it didn't work. I am not very knowledgeable at registry's etc.

The error I got was

"Cannot import C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSNMESGR.REG: The specificed file is not a registry script. You can only import registry files."

My directory for MSN IS C:\Program Files\MEN Messenger\ and I have Windows 98.
08-28-2004 06:27 AM
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSNMESGR.REG
C:\Program Files\MEN Messenger\

those are the same directory only the first is cutoff and i haven't got any problems with the sounds as so far
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
08-28-2004 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSNMESGR.REG
C:\Program Files\MEN Messenger\
those are the same directory only the first is cutoff
Again.... don't reply if you don't know the solution.... this is nonsense and of no value to the problem....
1) there is no "cutoff"... it's called shortened pathnames and filenames; or old DOS-style; or 8.3-format
2) this hasn't anything to do with the problem

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
If this is the case you may run this registry entry that will add back MSN Messenger into the Sound Schemes but you may have to change the path to the files if you didn't install MSN Messenger to the Program Files or if you are using a different language.
Please do not post such registry files in public... It's nice and noble to try and help, but unless you know how much the user knows about the registry, his PC, etc. and unless you know exactly what OS the user is running and what language and where MSN Messenger is installed, these files are bad:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
* These settings are not only OS depended but also language depended.
* Furthermore, the XP-one will overwrite all your other sounds.
* The 98-one doesn't hold the right values
* Also, the paths to the soundfiles are highly depended on how you've set up MSN Messenger, Windows, your harddisks, etc...

In short, those registry files can (and will) screw up even more things...
And also:
* It can also depend on the scheme that the user is using; If the user uses a particular scheme, then it is quite possible that there aren't sounds for MSN Messenger in that scheme and thus the user will not hear anything. Using a regfile like this will not fix it either, unless you know the registrystorage-name of that scheme that the user is using.

sorry :(

Note: (to everybody else who wanna post registry files): Edit your files so that they can be used by everyone. This means, do not create/export registry v5 files (which can only be used on NT-based OS's). But instead, create/export registry v4 files, which are compatible with everything... (reconizable by "REGEDIT4"-header)

quote:
Originally posted by shazza
"Cannot import C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSNMESGR.REG: The specificed file is not a registry script. You can only import registry files."
In short: that's because the registry file isn't for windows 98...

btw, reinstalling MSN Messenger should have the same result as running that registry file: the registry keys should be put back to default (this is what that regfile did)...

If you still wanna try that regfile from Matty, you can, but you need to change the first line from "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" to "REGEDIT4". So open it up in notepad and change that line, save it again and run the file...

Note to others: This method by changing the headers DOES NOT always work, be extremely carefull with it!!! A version 5 regfile can't always be converted like that to make it a version 4 regfile or vice versa!!! (but in this situation and case, it can)

This post was edited on 08-28-2004 at 06:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-28-2004 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: