What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » The IPOD thread!

Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
The IPOD thread!
Author: Message:
dom.
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: The IPOD thread!
I was originally copying that from someones blog, but i accedently closed the window.. So i searched in google and found that. The guys blog said that it works, so i dunno.... maybe you should try bach? :p
07-11-2004 05:30 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: The IPOD thread!
Hey Guido, do you know where could I get the iAudio in Argentina for a reasonable price? (This is also to annoy those pro-iPod there :P ;)).
And serious again, you seem to know about this, I have a Creative mp3 discman and even if it works fine, I'd love to have a hard disk based mp3 player :) (let me dream...)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-11-2004 07:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Hey Guido, do you know where could I get the iAudio in Argentina for a reasonable price? (This is also to annoy those pro-iPod there :P ;)).
And serious again, you seem to know about this, I have a Creative mp3 discman and even if it works fine, I'd love to have a hard disk based mp3 player :) (let me dream...)
Err... well, I got mine (iaudio cw300) through the official US store (jetaudio.com -- forget about finding it anywhere here, let alone at a reasonable price) about a year ago, the problem is you'll have to go to the customs office (aduana) and possibly pay a lot there. If they are in a good
mood you can probably just pay $50 and will be fine, but *officially* the tax would be like at least 50% the price of the item, more or less.

Basically, anything except for envelopes have to go through there.
07-11-2004 09:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
i did work, but that was in an older software version.

it was just one of the diagnostic tests.
07-11-2004 12:54 PM
dom.
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: The IPOD thread!
quote:
Originally posted by bach_m
i did work, but that was in an older software version.

it was just one of the diagnostic tests.
ah alright, so it doesnt work now? Maybe they'll release a new firmware update that allows it sometime in the future? :D

oh and btw...

* dom. slaps Guido around a bit with a large trout.
07-11-2004 01:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Err... well, I got mine (iaudio cw300) through the official US store (jetaudio.com -- forget about finding it anywhere here, let alone at a reasonable price) about a year ago, the problem is you'll have to go to the customs office (aduana) and possibly pay a lot there. If they are in a good
mood you can probably just pay $50 and will be fine, but *officially* the tax would be like at least 50% the price of the item, more or less.

Basically, anything except for envelopes have to go through there.
Then I think it will be just a distant dream :( (I hate customs, they wanted me to pay for the Microsoft beta CDs, even if they clearly said they didn't have any value commercially).
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-11-2004 09:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
What kind of diagnostic test makes Apple ship a million (literally) of microphones for free with their iPod earbuds???

I don't really believe that :-/   if it was true people would be using their iPod earbuds as microphones, or post the old firmware, or whatever.
07-12-2004 03:54 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: