What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MSN Contact List Updating?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
MSN Contact List Updating?
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. MSN Contact List Updating?
Hi... I'm just playing around with some stuff, and when I'm trying to "Proxy" the msn client, and example Block or remove someone from the different lists, that means I do it using my program, but then the offical client doesn't update it self, so the MSN client would never know that I have blocked the person or whatever... does anybody know if it is possible and how, to make the contact list update the contacts?.... I am of course sending the client the information about the action I am doing.. :D:D...
Maybe sending the Client a specific command, or using something from MSG Plus! or maybe programming a plugin, or using the API, or anything like that...

Info:
MSN 6.2, that means MSNP10
MSG Plus! 3
Programming in VB

Thx... :D...
07-10-2004 10:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Contact List Updating?
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
I am of course sending the client the information about the action I am doing..
good, but won't work...

the client didn't wanted to block/remove/whatever anyone, so if the receives that someone has successfully been blocked/removed/... it ignores that... Well, that's my opinion, i'm not sure.

And no, I don't think you can force messenger to update its window.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-10-2004 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

Learn the protocol. Simple as that.
I could explain you, but I prefer not as this could be used for some illegal purposes =/  and don't come and tell me it's for educational only.
07-10-2004 10:58 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN Contact List Updating?
hmm.. Yes you are right that it just ignores it when somebody have been succesfully blocked/removed... that is my problem... and it really pisses me of with the new way msn handles how it recives the contact list from the server, now it is only possible to get the current contact list(s) in the login procedure and cannot be executed more than once.. :(:(:(.. it really bugs the **** out of me....
I'm working on contact list expander.. :D... but it will require an extra window to show currently contact list, or maybe i'm thinking about using msn tabs, but this also requires the user to patch msn with tabServ(or what it's called) and I would rather not make a program that requires to patch msn messenger(which is illegal) so, I would really appriciate if it was possible to "update" the list, but I guess not.. But please if anyone knows if this is possible then please post, even if you don't know how exactly but have some idea of what I have to do....

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
Learn the protocol. Simple as that.

I already know the protocol, except filetransfer, and dp's and stuff like that... but with MSNP10 it is only possible to send the SYN command(which sends the contact lists) once, in the login procedure... :(...

quote:
I could explain you, but I prefer not as this could be used for some illegal purposes =/  and don't come and tell me it's for educational only.

explain the protocol? or explain how to update the MSN Messenger official Client's contact list window?
And what do you mean by "used for illegal purposes"?
And yes until now it's only for my own educational purposes, but I guess if I get this working right i would release it to the public... :P

This post was edited on 07-10-2004 at 11:12 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
07-10-2004 11:05 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

hmm since you know the protocol etc... I suggest you to stop your project. Contact list enlargers won't ever be possible as you're never going to receive notifications of offline/online contacts =/
07-10-2004 11:14 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Yes it is possible... don't worry, i've already figured out how to do it... :D:P.... I've been experimenting a bit... but it won't be possible to do it the right way, the way i'm doing it, is that you have like 1-5 lists, each containing a max of 150 contacts, and then when you chose ex. list 2, you will get all the status's and nicks of all the contacts in that list, but you won't recieve any information about the contacts in the other lists, and then when you shift back to list 1 again, the list will be update with the current nicks and status's of that list... if you get it?.... :D... it works, but it would mean that you would have to use "an external" list viewer to view these contacts instead of using the ordinary msn messenger list, and this will also mean that you will loose the msn plus! plugin menu and stuff like that, but I might researh in this a litle later making it possible to do exactly the same as the original msn messenger.... but we'll see how it works out...
07-10-2004 11:20 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

well then it's just a second account =/ ?
07-10-2004 11:24 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
no... not a second account, just deleting the persons from the FL list(which is the one limited to 150), and then put some other contacts on that list, and vice-versa... ::D.. this will enable you to have a/multiple FL list filling up the whole AL list (which is limited to somewhat 10000, or something like that)... :D:D.... so, it's not really done in the preofessionel way, but I see this as the only solution to the "Contact list expander problem" that many people seems to have, if they don't want to have multiple accounts, this way you still only need 1 account until you reach the limit of 10000 contacts.... :D.... pretty clever? or what do you think?... at least it works... :D:P....
07-10-2004 11:39 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

True. It works. But it takes ages to add/remove the people
07-11-2004 08:47 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
yeah... you are right about that.... :D... that might be biggest problem... :D...

btw you never never answered about this?

quote:

explain the protocol? or explain how to update the MSN Messenger official Client's contact list window?
And what do you mean by "used for illegal purposes"?
And yes until now it's only for my own educational purposes, but I guess if I get this working right i would release it to the public...

Sorry... I just didn't really understand what you meant by that sentence.....

And btw, thanks for whatever... :D:D:D
07-11-2004 08:54 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: