What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PSP or DS?

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
PSP or DS?
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: PSP or DS?
You didnt think you could post a thread like this without a visit from NoName did you?

I am looking foward to the DS. I like the type of games that nintendo puts out like Metroid and Zelda that take alot of thought and stuff. As for the PSP I really think it will include the same games that the PS2 has which are all shooters and racing really. I dont want to shoot peoples eyes out or steal cars or pick up hoes. So I will stick with the Gamecube :-)
07-29-2004 08:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: PSP or DS?
quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Better games? Lol...

Anyways I must start with a rant, sorry, but Blade's post itelf is a litte (a LOT) biased, jsut check out how much info he gave on the PSP and how much he did on the DS ;)

For the power button being too clsoe to the d-pad... lol to that too... like if you take off your finger from it and "Accidently" move it up and "accidently" press it.... it's far enough, might be a problem true, but hopefully not

and just to continue:

PSP will probably have more games? Nintendo never had any good games?

Sorry but but those statement are completly baseless. the psp has an equal ammount of guetting a lot of games and no games, actually it has less chances of guetting a lot of games because developers have been developing for nintendo's portable systems since the original GameBoy (yeah that big fat grey thing you played as a kid) the PSP is a completly new thing so developers coudl be skeptical. Also, the DS provides both the dual screen and touch pad, now if you just think of all the possibilities that can create for a game... it's something that attracts developers. You can now have an RTS, use the stylus as a mouse, you can have a card based game and literarly move the cards around, you can  have an FPS game and shoot using the stylus (metroid prime). So there's my responce to "PSP will have more games" maybe it will, but the only advantage the PSP brings is POWER..... however developers tend to lean more to creative, entertaining and fun games rather then waste their time making it look good if it isn't fun.

Now to the next point "nintendo never made good games" ... funny how nintendo's franchises run off the shelves everytime they are released. Sure you're gonan say they are all old, we've had mario since 1986 or something and I completly agree with you, nintendo is sucking up all it can from mario, samus, link etc.... but hey, just look at the e3, what was everyone talking about.... yes Doom3 Halo2 and Zelda ;) My point being is Nintendo doesn't make a hole lot of games and when it does they are all sequels or of the same franchise from other games.... but they sell, they sell like pancakes! And now to the gba... nintendo never had any good games on gba? well explain to my why is it that the gba sells a tons more then any other console out there, and yes even the ps2, by far.... why is the gba so popular? why do you see a person with a gba everytime you open your eyes? Because nintendo doesn't have any good games? .... I don't think so

Damn i wrote a lot.... anyways as you can see i'm leaning towards the DS, for all the reasons up there but also for the backward compatibility, i had to give off my gba a while ago and missed out on a lot of games, so with the ds i'll be able to get everythign i missed and play them. Also, right now there's no game that interests me in the PSP, at first i thought Metal Gear Acid would rock, but it turned out to somehow be card-based ..... yeah so i'll wait, maybe after a price cut and some big games i'll pick it up

Find some more DS spec.s and I will post them, the DS spec.s are fairly closely guarded 8-)
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
07-29-2004 08:48 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
Lol, there were some I saw but then again it wasn't sure if they were true or not and most of the stuff was confirmed but i'm too lazy to look for it :p

Anyways, you didn't include the Wi-Fi part.... you can play up to 11 (or was it 16) players if they arent too far and all over the world but not too much info has been given on how exactly it'll happen

Also, I'm not too sure BOTH screens are touch pads, so far all the games have been using the bottom one only, which makes more sense, but i'm hoping the top one would be to, in case it acts like a map you could just click on a location or if it was a menu u could use it as a cursor etc...

(btw, now that I look back at my post... wasn't that long, but considering this isn't a video game forum.... :p)
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
07-29-2004 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac
Lol, there were some I saw but then again it wasn't sure if they were true or not and most of the stuff was confirmed but i'm too lazy to look for it :p

Anyways, you didn't include the Wi-Fi part.... you can play up to 11 (or was it 16) players if they arent too far and all over the world but not too much info has been given on how exactly it'll happen

Also, I'm not too sure BOTH screens are touch pads, so far all the games have been using the bottom one only, which makes more sense, but i'm hoping the top one would be to, in case it acts like a map you could just click on a location or if it was a menu u could use it as a cursor etc...

(btw, now that I look back at my post... wasn't that long, but considering this isn't a video game forum.... :p)

^o)
quote:
Originally posted by blade
will sport dual touch-screens, 802.11-style wireless connectivity for up to 16 players

I posted about that....
07-29-2004 10:57 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
wops.... hahahah i kinda skipped that...

*digs out a cave and hides*
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
07-29-2004 11:06 PM
PenguinBoy

indude

35 / Male / –
how will psp videos go, will we have to buy movies on umd, and music on umd, i'm guessing we be able to copy music from our pcs on to the memorry of the console. but films, they would take ages to download so i guess we'll have to buy our fims twice, once on dvd and again on umd, we will probably have to pay the same amount for the movie scaled down  100 times from it's wide screen origin.

edit: psp games will be $49.99
edit: and does anyone have any idea of a release date?

This post was edited on 07-31-2004 at 02:58 PM by PenguinBoy.
07-31-2004 02:43 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by PenguinBoy
how will psp videos go, will we have to buy movies on umd, and music on umd, i'm guessing we be able to copy music from our pcs on to the memorry of the console. but films, they would take ages to download so i guess we'll have to buy our fims twice, once on dvd and again on umd, we will probably have to pay the same amount for the movie scaled down  100 times from it's wide screen origin.

edit: psp games will be $49.99
edit: and does anyone have any idea of a release date?

No, according to the latest updates you will HAVE to buy the music/movies on UMD o.O

I talked to E.B. and according to them, it will be released in early March, 2005 and will cost aprox. $450 Canadian.
07-31-2004 07:09 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

the PSP looks rubbish, but as lee sed, the power button is a bit close, i prefer the original swithces ;).. psp, all the way
08-02-2004 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
None of these designs are the final, confirmed ones, are they?
08-02-2004 10:59 PM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
I think the PSP design is supposed to be the final one but im not very sure about the Dual Screen.
08-03-2004 12:22 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: