What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)

Pages: (50): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
8 votes - 4.5 average   File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE (update 14/09)
Author: Message:
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA 2
:wall:Why dodn't I notice before, the SendFile plugin uses the same command:( But ok, everything works now (exept for the SendFile plugin:cry:), and I can send files:).

But would it be possible to change the command, so I could use SendFile again (sends the contents of a text file, nice plugin:))?

Sorry to be so picky:).
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
08-06-2004 11:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
funaki

37 / Male / –
hmm ok i tried the plugin but unfortunately cant get it to work here is hte scenario my friends lets say pc 1 no router just a simple ADSL modem alcatel directly connected to internet .. my pc alcatel speedtouch router, opened all the ports specified inthe settings. added the ip maunally and did the automatic also i cant send a file to him it just says waiting connection stays there for sometime and hten shows cancelled. now my friend when he does that he also gets the same message though he is not using a router i tried all the ways hostname, ip address manual detection but cant get it to work.Maybe i am doing something wrong. RicarDog can you pm me your email address so that i can test it with you and see if i am doing something wrong or u need some more checking with diff routers and stuff ;)..btw nice work.
EclipseGL
A New FPS
www.eclipsegl.com
08-06-2004 04:26 PM
Martijn.

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA 2
quote:
Originally posted by funaki
hmm ok i tried the plugin but unfortunately cant get it to work here is hte scenario my friends lets say pc 1 no router just a simple ADSL modem alcatel directly connected to internet .. my pc alcatel speedtouch router, opened all the ports specified inthe settings. added the ip maunally and did the automatic also i cant send a file to him it just says waiting connection stays there for sometime and hten shows cancelled. now my friend when he does that he also gets the same message though he is not using a router i tried all the ways hostname, ip address manual detection but cant get it to work.Maybe i am doing something wrong. RicarDog can you pm me your email address so that i can test it with you and see if i am doing something wrong or u need some more checking with diff routers and stuff ;)..btw nice work.

That has nothing to do with testeng different routers. It's just about the speedtouch, a realy :dodgy: modem with way too good protection:P, try the following:
[list=1]
[*]go to http://10.0.0.138
[*]Go to advanced
[*]Go to NAPT
[*]Go to defeult server
[*]In the text box that you'll see now, enter thet LAN-IP of your PC (the IP you see in the options dialog of FileTransfer Plus!)
[*]Click apply
[*]Try to send a file now, with the "auto-detect IP" function:)
[/list]

If you don't understand, contact me on MSN (see my profile:))

This post was edited on 08-06-2004 at 08:51 PM by Martijn..
08-06-2004 08:50 PM
funaki

37 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA 2
quote:
Originally posted by |\/|artij|\|
That has nothing to do with testeng different routers. It's just about the speedtouch, a realy :dodgy: modem with way too good protection:P, try the following:
[list=1]
[*]go to http://10.0.0.138
[*]Go to advanced
[*]Go to NAPT
[*]Go to defeult server
[*]In the text box that you'll see now, enter thet LAN-IP of your PC (the IP you see in the options dialog of FileTransfer Plus!)
[*]Click apply
[*]Try to send a file now, with the "auto-detect IP" function:)
[/list]

If you don't understand, contact me on MSN (see my profile:))

i can do that but that means putting up a sign that says hackme lol. default server is not that trustable i dont get it that if i forward ports it shud work since all the ports are forwarded.lets see what Ricar comes up with. Thanks for your help also.
EclipseGL
A New FPS
www.eclipsegl.com
08-06-2004 09:09 PM
Martijn.

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA 2
quote:
Originally posted by funaki
i can do that but that means putting up a sign that says hackme lol. default server is not that trustable i dont get it that if i forward ports it shud work since all the ports are forwarded.lets see what Ricar comes up with. Thanks for your help also.

Yeah, you're right at that, I figured I should mention that, just when I turned of the computer yesterday:(. Though I realy advise you to try this with a very good software firewall turned on, just for the testing... If you can send files with default server enabled, you've probably done something wrong with the port mapping;)...
08-07-2004 07:29 AM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 BETA 2
Remember that the plugin tries to use the port numbers sequentially, so it will try first at 8030, and it will only try the next port if the previous one was busy. You have to be sure that the port 8030 is open for incoming TCP connections, originating from any IP address. Some ISPs do not allow any incoming connections, so you might have to check that too.

BTW, for people who can't have incoming connections, I'll add a feature soon that solves the problem by switching the client/server role for sender/receiver.

This post was edited on 08-07-2004 at 07:52 AM by RicarDog.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
08-07-2004 07:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
This plug isn't working for me either :S, I can receive files but I can't send them. I think it's about the port forwarding. I don't know how to :s... I have a Sitecom Dc-202 router btw...

EDIT:

Also I have a suggestion.

What if you let it send a special ping after you typed /xsendfile and picked the file, and if there's a special pong it sends the file the special way, and if you don't get a pong, (meaning the other person does'nt have the plugin) it uses the normal way, (using /dropfile or something)

This post was edited on 08-07-2004 at 09:34 PM by Ezra.
[Image: 1-0.png]

08-07-2004 08:34 PM
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 RELEASE
1.0 RELEASE UPDATE

- File integrity checking (checksum) after completion;
  This allows you to be sure that your file is not damaged before opening it.
- Customizable send file command (the default is "/xsendfile");
  You can change it to avoid compatibility issues with other plugins. You have to restart Messenger for the changes to take effect.
- Advanced option: customizable packet size to match the connection's Maximum Segment Size (MSS);
  Your send speed may be increased if you set your packet size to a multiple of MSS. To know the MSS of your connection, check it in the SpeedGuide.net website.
- You can now share the File Transfer Plus plugin with your contacts (type /xsharetransferplus to send them the setup);
  This command will send the File Transfer Plus setup package to your contact using the built-in Messenger file transfer.
- Fixed ocasional errors that happened when the transfer was canceled;
- Bug fixes in Time Left and other minor fixes.

To update, just download the new setup package, close Messenger, install, and run Messenger again.

Features Postponed to 1.1

- Support for sending files in computers that block incoming connections (including firewall cases). This will be done by an option that sets the receiver as the server and the sender as the client.
- Preview feature for media file types.
- Check to see if the contact already has the plugin installed, otherwise the transfer is done by the Messenger's file transfer.
- IP address optionally encrypted.
- Command to check for new plugin updates.

Note that this version is NOT compatible with previous BETA releases.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
08-08-2004 06:58 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 RELEASE
can't wait for the 1.1 release :P i think i'll wait till then before downloading as i'm behind a NAT
Segosa is newb.
08-08-2004 07:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jolo

40 / Male / –
RE: File Transfer Plus 1.0 RELEASE
Excelent work! It has been an honor to test it. :)

Now I'm spreading this plug-in through my Contact list. :D

Greetings.
08-08-2004 07:29 AM
Pages: (50): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 8 9 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: