What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin idea

Plugin idea
Author: Message:
Flash13

Rock on

38 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Plugin idea
I've been thinking about a plugin for quite some time, after looking at the plugin VB code, realising I have bugger all idea what it was doing, and not knowing how to impliment the rest of my idea either, I thought I'd post it here, and see what comes out

The basic idea is that it hooks into your webcam (like Screenshot sender 3 does) grabs a pic, and sets it as your display picture every so often (adjustable?) so there is an almost realtime feed.

Presumably there should also be a way of telling it to capture another picture, should you not like your current one

/xcaptime <time in mintes>
/xcapnow
/xcap enable/disable (1/0?)

Does this make any sort of sence yet? I'm still trying to work out how it would work in my mind

It would need someway of deactivating when the webcam is being used (-or just hiding the 'device is already in use' error, infact thats probally a better idea, as not just messenger uses the webcam)

And I think thats about it.. I'm fairly sure its very possible (the pluging that changes your display picture to match your mood crossed with SSS3's webcam interface) just hope somebody has the time to try it.. I'm fair sure it would be quite popular!
[Image: sig.gif]
08-08-2004 10:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Plugin idea
Not bad idea, but remember DPs pass through MSN and the lag is really big -when you change the DP it takes a while until the others can see it- so it won't be real time at all. In addition, you would be forcing others to download your stream although they might not want to and filling their line with crap (seriously when it's dial-up).

So, definitely: no.

Sorry. :-/
08-08-2004 10:39 PM
Flash13

Rock on

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Plugin idea
I'm not talking about that often, I was thinking more along the lines of every 5-10 minutes, at most, just something that shows if you've got up and walked away,

Plus, this would only affect the people that are chatting to you, so there wont be that many people affected by it

This post was edited on 08-08-2004 at 10:43 PM by Flash13.
[Image: sig.gif]
08-08-2004 10:41 PM
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
i was thinbking of adding an option like this to SS3 but as KeyStorm said, even changing every 5 minutes could be quite annoying for people on dial up
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
08-09-2004 10:45 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
maybe just make it (in SS3 for example ;)) that you grab the webcam picture only once... that way, you wont flood your contacts, unless you retype the command everytime of course..... in short: just 1 command to grab the webcam and update the DP once with it, nothing more....

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-10-2004 12:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

37 / Male / Flag
i could make a new command to do that, actaully, you've just given me an idea for some new commands :P

Setting your DP to part of your screenshot :D

08-10-2004 11:30 AM
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
Well, talking about SS3, I thought of something: Would it be possible to have some very simple "drawing" options in the "preview" screen? So you could draw a circle around a part you wish the other user to look at (for example a button that should be pressed). If it's to hard, forget this post, though it'd be an awsome feature if it was actually implented:).
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
08-10-2004 12:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

37 / Male / Flag
yea i've been thinking about some features like this for a while, i think that it could be very useful

08-10-2004 02:34 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: