What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » 50 BETA testers

50 BETA testers
Author: Message:
R0cK3TttttT

http://www.soundpacks.tk/

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  50 BETA testers
:lol: Posted by effekt on Friday 13th of August 2004
MessengerDiscovery 2.5 is set to become the best release yet, we are aiming for completely bug free product and a completely awesome product. This way you get your name in the "About" dialog of MessengerDiscovery.

Beta testing topic in forum

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 01:55 PM by R0cK3TttttT.
08-13-2004 01:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: 50 BETA testers
50 Testers isn't wierd for a program such as Messenger Discovery or Messenger Plus!. In fact Plus! had 50 testers or even more while Plus! 2.00 was being tested. It's now a bit less, but still around 30 or 40 i believe.

Every person test things in a diffrent way, and not every tester is able to test on old systems like Windows 98 or even 95, or can test with unicode systems. Yet these things are very important to test too. The more testers the better as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. Also i depends on how experienced testers are and how much time they put into testing. A completely bug free product is something that never happens to any software, but it's always nice to aim for.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-13-2004 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Edu115

i don't understand this stupid rivality.. but ok..
[Image: sign.jpg]
08-13-2004 06:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
EvilSeph
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Would you guys quit this stupid "I hate MessengerDiscovery because I love Messenger Plus!" attitude? Effekt's intentions aren't to replace Plus! only to provide people with what Plus! lacks for the reason that Plus! isn't a proxy and MessengerDiscovery is. Plus! cannot _easily_ or at all alter packets and so any functions that require this cannot be added. That's where MessengerDiscovery comes in to play.

However, I'll say it again. To each their own.

I won't shove my opinions into your face, you have a right to your own opinions. I personally prefer Messenger Plus!, MessengerDiscovery AND StuffPlug NG. I use it for functionality, not to find ways to bloody prove which one is best.

All the developers have my best wishes and respect. I'm a beta tester for all three applications and so my opinion here, is unbiased. Use them all, that's my recommendation. End this petty "this one is better than that one" fued.

I'm personally sick of it.
08-13-2004 07:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Well said.  I've agreed on several occasions, MessengerDiscovery is a great piece of software, just requires a bit more tuning and testing...Dont give me BS on this because when the FIRST version of Plus! was ready im SURE it was the same way!
08-13-2004 08:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BEWARE^^

I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Ready I'm Re

37 / Other / –
well i think that they know where they are talking about and he's a tester and i bett that he knows how many there really are testers;)
[Image: .jpg]
if you need help with unrealircd tell me and i will help ya out.
08-14-2004 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: