What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins »

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Poll: Would you use an external program as proxy in order to be able to send/recieve Animated DPīs?
Yes...
No...
Maybe... Depending on.....
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Author: Message:
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
It's likely that both people woyld have to have it, because Smiley Central works a decoder as well as something that sends information, because it decodes speial code sent by the other user to and changes it into a pic.
08-21-2004 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I was referring to lopardo's post. his program has no use as the Initialize and Uninitialize events are called on startup/unload
If he implements it as an external program, then AppLoader would have a use...

BTW, maybe it could be implemented as a plugin for MSN Proxy?
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
08-21-2004 09:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bostonfanx

When/if you decide to make it i will be more than happy to alpha/beta test.
08-22-2004 01:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
Well if you used the MSNP to do this, when the animation is loading, their display pictuer could be a progress bar. Just a suggestion for the in program part. A plugin could manage the whole thing just through msnp, it would register as a normal file transfer, but the plugin just moves the progress bar to the display picture, and when it has loaded shows their animation with that 'write over part of window thing'
08-22-2004 04:57 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P.
quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Well if you used the MSNP to do this, when the animation is loading, their display pictuer could be a progress bar. Just a suggestion for the in program part. A plugin could manage the whole thing just through msnp, it would register as a normal file transfer, but the plugin just moves the progress bar to the display picture, and when it has loaded shows their animation with that 'write over part of window thing'

This is exactly what It's not going to be... :D.... if I succed then there is going to be no "write over part of window thing"... :P... and while loading you will just see the usual "msn logo".... :D... but of course this is only if this project succeds....

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
If he implements it as an external program, then AppLoader would have a use...

yes, this is the times when apploader can come in handy... :D..

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
BTW, maybe it could be implemented as a plugin for MSN Proxy?

Yeah, good idea.... I'll take a look at this when I have finished...

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
It's likely that both people woyld have to have it, because Smiley Central works a decoder as well as something that sends information, because it decodes speial code sent by the other user to and changes it into a pic.

Yes both parts will have to use this program.... :S:(...
08-22-2004 06:25 PM
Yousef

(previously known as Juzzi)

35 / Male / Flag
I just experimented with some 'drawover' stuff. It works quite well, you set a gif from the internet, then the url & email will be stored in my site's db. When someone else with the program opens a window with you the program checks the database for your email and if he finds a corresponding url he'll see the gif @ the DP place. If anyone is interested I'll consider making it a feature in ADP...

This post was edited on 08-22-2004 at 09:35 PM by Yousef.
Developer of BuddyFuse: Google Talk, Twitter and Hyves in Windows Live Messenger
Ex-Microsoft intern and Windows Live Developer MVP in 2007 & 2008
08-22-2004 09:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P.
quote:
Originally posted by noelie
I just experimented with some 'drawover' stuff. It works quite well, you set a gif from the internet, then the url & email will be stored in my site's db. When someone else with the program opens a window with you the program checks the database for your email and if he finds a corresponding url he'll see the gif @ the DP place. If anyone is interested I'll consider making it a feature in ADP...

Hey thatīs really cool... could you give out the source???... can it be used together with animated pics??
08-23-2004 10:50 AM
da_unruled

I'd do it depending on a few things.
it would have to be very descrete, use little ram and sit in the tray or not at all. And seemless integration.
08-23-2004 10:58 AM
bostonfanx

quote:
Originally posted by noelie

Seems like an interesting idea. How soon can you implement?
08-25-2004 04:59 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
no he isn't, i've been testing with him indeed it does work quite well but it is as he says, just a layover effect.

so if your DP is bigger or smaller than 96x96 it doesn't look that brilliant and it isn't actually latched into messenger so you couldn't go.

ooo i have a .gif on my hard-drive I want to use.

It is the best idea so far though, And it would be a very good idea in ADP
(lol people will soon start calling it Animated Display Picture I think)
but still i Think if the source where to be given to TB hed do something outstanding with it then shrug his shoulders and play Doom3 again

This post was edited on 08-25-2004 at 07:24 AM by aNILEator.
08-25-2004 07:19 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: