What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Halo 2 Cover Design Contest!!!!!

Pages: (15): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Halo 2 Cover Design Contest!!!!!
Author: Message:
fluffmiester

"I'm outta grenades...Toss me one!"

34 / Male / –
RE: Halo 2 Cover Design Contest!!!!!
Here's mine, I'll probably make a new one but I figured I'd at least get one up. By the way, this was done entirely in MS Paint.

[Image: LogoContestFinal.jpg]
08-29-2004 02:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
this just a half to it...., this took me about 2 hours to get i kinda right.... this is not my final just a beta to see the process of it
and this was all done in MS paint btw
[Image: 119-halo2.JPG]
Never Hope. Always Wish.
08-29-2004 03:27 AM
overlord

38 / Male / –
[Image: attachment.php?pid=298430]
im 18 by the way, been working in photoshop for five years just resently got photoshop cs but i made my cover with photoshop 7, just some tips for the rest of u guys cuz i keep seeing the same mistakes don't make ur cover one giant picture it looks very unprofessional cuz if u make a cover for a game ur trying to sell it right so ur gonna want to show wut all the game has wut it looks like and mainly all the best and coolest qualities of the game plus never over lap pictures unless on is either cut and the other has a BORDER, i know it might not seem cool or too much work but borders around pictures grabs peoples attention, plus don't croud the back or the front with too many pics like four pics on the back is plenty and depending on how u have every thing set up it can be too much, please use proper grammer when u r informing the viewer on the game and how the game is and write everything like ur trying to get someone to buy it that HASN'T play the first halo, another good tip that i really don't see that mainy people doing is evry picture u put on the back needs to have a caption, thats a big one u can'y just have random pics floating around with no meaning or purpose and pick pictures that show off something cool that the game has, and when u wite the copy block or the main writing part on the back (the place with the most writing) u don't really have to tell anyone how good the game is in this section the best thing u could do is give the most brief summary of the HALO 2 plot and nothing to do with halo 1 and something else look at the back of other games for references on how to set everything up properly and acuately, especialy when u want everything to be proportional to how it would really look like to make the bungie logo look too big on the front along with the "Mature" rating symbol and all the logos on the back u should just leave them plain if u can because that is the companys signature witch means don't put a glow around it or any thing thats about as professional as if Bill Gates' signautre and squigly lins and hearts around ok, leave the logos alone and if the logos u have aren't cut out CUT THEM OUT, lol unless ur lucky enough to find a transparent gif of the logo like i did, something else too DON'T USE THE HALO FONT to right out the info on the back it was made for the halo logo and thats don't use for anything but the logo, lol, try to find a very simply and very clear readable font to write out all the info, and really think about colors too like for instance black and white r probably the baest color for ur the font use to write the info not bright green or pink or any other color like that, u don't want to hurt the readers eyes, lol thus when it comes don't to it pick a nutural color like black or white its easier on the eyes.  thats all for me if any one needs tips just ask even though this is a contest it just really anoys the crap out of me to see people that complete RE-ARRANGE EVERYTHING on the back and everything is out of proportion to the actual thing, well im out...peace

p.s. and try to be as creative as u possible can and remember "simplicity is bliss"

This post was edited on 08-29-2004 at 04:30 AM by overlord.
08-29-2004 04:23 AM
RecklessX

Overlord, that is just simply the best fan cover i've ever seen for Halo 2
(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

This post was edited on 08-29-2004 at 07:30 AM by RecklessX.
[Image: glsig.jpg]
08-29-2004 07:30 AM
Vantage

Bam

– / Male / –
my friend made this one:
[Image: 119-halo2pic.JPG]

as for me
[Image: 119-halo2.JPG]

i am reminding u again..MS paint i will do the finak version in printshop pro
Never Hope. Always Wish.
08-29-2004 07:45 AM
pynion

meh, im done for the moment

[Image: halo22cover.jpg]
08-29-2004 08:17 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
pynion yours is really cool :-D I love it!

hmmm so much entries.. maybe you should focus on one very good one :-D *just a suggestion*   SORRY about double posting i was looking at a wrong page :-D

This post was edited on 08-29-2004 at 08:49 AM by WDZ.
08-29-2004 08:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Black_Forky

yea pynion that is a really good one
[Image: LAME.jpg]
*Caution* You could be lame if you are not careful
08-29-2004 08:37 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

Vantage, can't you keep to the template, or at least delete that post, it is ruining the screen. Keeping to the template is very relevant.
08-29-2004 10:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
overlord

38 / Male / –
lol, thats was mean, but grammaticly correct
08-29-2004 10:20 AM
Pages: (15): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version