What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion for floating contacts.

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Suggestion for floating contacts.
Author: Message:
adityavm

RE: Suggestion for floating contacts.
I wanted to suggest a little something. It will be really helpful and look awesome if it were implemented.

When a contact comes online, can the desktop representation dynamically change colors (to maybe a green background or something) which can be set or not (upto you).

Please consider this...
09-21-2004 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Patchou allready replied to this in another thread saying it would defeat the whole purpose of the feature, To add your favourite contacts to your desktop, Not to have Desktop messenger.
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Yes, this has already been suggested
No it isn't, what Chris suggests is something entirly different! Chris is talking about moving the windows at ones, not adding all your contacts together to the desktop... Read his description first before jumping to conlussions....

Also, before posting suggestions, READ this thread and the other suggestions please, I've seen already duplicated suggestions. Yes, I know it is becoming a huge thread, that's a reason more to read it first before posting.... Otherwise if everybody is going to post without reading, this thread will become even more bigger and good suggestions will be overlooked and forgotten between all those posts...

thanks ;)

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 01:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-21-2004 01:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
How about having the option to have yourself n the desktop, but when you click on it, status options etc (most useful things we need to access, but normally would through the main window) in the drop down menu, and perhaps pressing F2 while having yourself selected could be used to 'rename' yourself.
09-21-2004 04:12 PM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
how about all of my online contacts on my desktop? [Image: rocknana.gif]
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
09-21-2004 04:24 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riley

mypreciousmusic.com

ok dunno of someone asked this.. it's taking me too long to read :p j/k
uhm...

what about drag and drop with the mouse?
so drag a contact out of the contactlist and drop it on the desktop? that would ease this whole feature a lot i guess :)

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 06:37 PM by riley.
live for today, 'cause yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come

[Image: lifehouse_400x149_001_copy1.jpg]

My Precious Music
09-21-2004 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
k776

– / Male / –
riley, was said in another thread. Patchou decided not to, because the drag and drop feature is already used for moving people to groups. However, he did say that he liked and would add the feature to drag and drop files onto an online contact to send it to him/her. Personally, I would much enjoy this feature :D

shrbr, this could (not will) be tricky, take up more resources and slow your computer quite a bit as it would have to check every contact, see if he or she was on, then display him or her in the desktop. Then it also has to check wether someone on your desktop has gone ofline. See what I mean??

tomfletcherman, I see no use for this feature, except for taking up space :P But then it is up to Patchou.

CookieRevised, no one is going to read this whole thread :P I got another idea, (providing you have mod power??)
1) Start a new thread
2) Write up all current suggestions
3) Close it so no-one can reply
4) Stick it
5) Then link to it here

If you dont have mod power:
1) Maybe someone who does can do steps 1-5
2) If not, just do steps 1-2

:) :) Just ideas. :) :)

adityavm, this feature sounds cool. I hope this is added. With my desktop background, the red man sometime looks green :)

saralk, well put :) I would like this feature. Although, it might be the same as shrbr idea, not sure.

Sean and Scone, chris is taking about moving them around the desktop in a group, not onto it. chris, I like this idea although, I think it had already been said somewhere else.

Chestah007, the first idea, I think may not be needed. However the second one is quite good. How about the little MSN man only?? And use the same notification that the msn man in the system tray does.

FrozernFire, chris just said that (same basic idea) one post above you :/

This post was edited on 09-21-2004 at 08:43 PM by k776.
[Image: k776.jpg]
09-21-2004 08:22 PM
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
I know this has been mentioned a few times now but oh well :)
How about a option to the desktop contacts to only display when online
but make it in the right click option of the individual contacts
I dont want it to display all online contacts, just specific ones
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
09-21-2004 09:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
No it isn't, what Chris suggests is something entirly different! Chris is talking about moving the windows at ones, not adding all your contacts together to the desktop... Read his description first before jumping to conlussions....

Read my post man...I said, quoting SOME of his suggestion...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chris
This is a pretty simple suggestion but i dont know if it is already avalible but i dont thing it is but an option to move all the contacts on the desktop at the same time.

Yes, this has already been suggested

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=31738&page=1

Hopefully it might get made into  a plugin.....:p

That is what I replied to...Is the move all contacts to the desktop at the same time....:blah:
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-21-2004 11:19 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Hmm....suggestion:

What about a bit more flexibility with the transparency, I'd like to have it set to 100% (or thereabouts) transparency and always on top that way I can just mouse over to see if my contacts are online or not, then just ignore them the rest of the time.
[Image: 7.png]
09-22-2004 01:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Read my post man...I said, quoting SOME of his suggestion...
That is what I replied to...Is the move all contacts to the desktop at the same time....:blah:
good for you, but THAT IS NOT WHAT HE SUGGESTED!!! So stop arguing...  He only made 1 suggestion and that is the suggestion to grab all your floating contacts and move them AROUND the desktop (grouped moving)..... not putting all your contacts at once on your desktop!!! k776 also explained this:
quote:
Originally posted by k776
Sean and Scone, chris is taking about moving them around the desktop in a group, not onto it.
So be :blah: at yourself for not reading it properly...

k776, no, I don't have mod power. So, I can't do that. And making a list with the current suggestions will work at first, but then people will still simply not read it.... So, kind of useless (sadly).... After some time (this weekend maybe?), I'll search for all the suggestions from this thread (and on the forum) about the floating contacts, sort them out according catagory, and mail them to Patchou.

Oh, and may I remind everyone that the purpose of the floating contacts is not to have/create a "desktop messenger" ;)

This post was edited on 09-24-2004 at 07:27 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-22-2004 01:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: