What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Your favorite web browser?

Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Your favorite web browser?
Author: Message:
user36611
Disabled Account

O.P. Wink  Your favorite web browser?
What is your favorite web browser?
Well i like IE6, but i have heard that firefox is better, but have tryed it yet!
09-24-2004 02:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: Your favorite web browser?
Browser-wars:
The mozilla menace

The army of the IE Old Republic must fight against the Fire Fox and the Thunder Bird which are putting the old civilisation in danger. Some rebel factions of the universe have joined the action of these ancient monsters. Their purpose: Respawning the archimonster of the hell: Mozilla who was converted into a Gecko during an Opera by a spell from the Mystic Konkerors.

:spam:

This post was edited on 09-24-2004 at 02:09 PM by KeyStorm.
09-24-2004 02:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I like Opera, though I haven't tried FireFox. I started using Opera back before Mozilla/FireFox was so popular, and I'm very happy with it, so I see no reason to switch. (y)

IE is all right... I don't hate it as much as some people do. I've never had real problems with it, and I still use it occasionally for testing stuff.

One main reason I don't use IE is because it lacks many features that are necessary for "power users" like me. I suppose something like Avant could add those features, but I've never tried that either. :p

:spam:
09-24-2004 02:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
Firefox is THE best. It has everything IE has (well, not counting security problems :D) and more. Tabbed browsing, built-in downlaod manager, themes, extensions... http://www.getfirefox.com

This post was edited on 09-24-2004 at 04:16 PM by WDZ.
[Image: signature.php]
09-24-2004 02:15 PM
BiZaRrE

why are you reading this?

36 / Male / –
i use IE and Avant.
[Image: blah!.gif]Got nothing else to say[Image: chrongue.gif]
= = = = = = = = = =
I was born 13406 days, 9 minutes, 26 seconds ago
09-24-2004 04:13 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I love mozilla firefox :p install it on mates pc's lol
09-24-2004 06:14 PM
lhunath

.{ Lord Daisy }.

39 / Male / –
I prefer Opera.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
IE is all right... I don't hate it as much as some people do. I've never had real problems with it, and I still use it occasionally for testing stuff.
The fact that IE exists isn't a problem. It's actually an Ok browser. The problem is that most people believe it to be The Internet (they didn't even know there was a word like.. browser..). The problem with this is that, Microsoft dominates the web. Meaning, if MS decides that CSS is bull; and stops support for it, or decides that CSS3 isn't to their likings, and don't implement it, then CSS3 will die. And the fact that one company dominates this market, causes the web to be the trashcan it is right now.
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Firefox is THE best. It has everything IE has (well, not counting security problems :D) and more. Tabbed browsing, built-in downlaod manager, themes, extensions... http://www.getfirefox.com
Don't play smart lad. For one, how on earth can you say Firefox is the best when you haven't even tried a decent share of other browsers. Sure it's better than IE on most basises. But most browsers are. Those things you said are supported by a wide range of other browsers, including Opera, which, I don't think, you tried. You are what is the consequence of ignorant and blind browser wars.

A browser each, everybody has his/her taste. That's my opinion, but keep the web universal and stick to the rules. If you can't do that, then bugger of. No browser should ever dominate it. Be it a very good one or a very lame one. Domination always causes shit to happen.

~lhun
{ -[Image: lhunath.gif]- }
09-24-2004 06:24 PM
tony

36 / Male / Flag
using IE 6.. :banana:
[Image: beginnerbadgeef2.gif][Image: danceichigoow9.gif]
09-24-2004 06:32 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Vilkku
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Your favorite web browser?
quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Don't play smart lad. For one, how on earth can you say Firefox is the best when you haven't even tried a decent share of other browsers. Sure it's better than IE on most basises. But most browsers are. Those things you said are supported by a wide range of other browsers, including Opera, which, I don't think, you tried. You are what is the consequence of ignorant and blind browser wars.

I tried Opera a while ago. Well, I guess you are right, Opera has changed a lot after that so I guess it's pretty equal with Firefox (I can't imagine that it would be lightyears afead of Firefox). I actuelly ditched Opera because at that time I tought that IE was better. My friend has Opera, and according to him there are many small things that I would find annoying. Bah, I was wrong, you were right. As always :-#
[Image: signature.php]
09-24-2004 07:03 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

firefox!

/lock :p
09-24-2004 07:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »