What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Plus! and Messenger 7

Pages: (12): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Plus! and Messenger 7
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Plus! and Messenger 7
quote:
Back in May, 2003 we exclusively revealed MSN Messenger 6.0. This time around it's 6.0's bigger brother, 7.0. MSN Messenger is clearly progressing in this early look at 7.0. You now have the ability to sign in as busy/away/offline etc which will please a lot of people. 3 Degrees is finally encorporated into MSN Messenger (something I had been writing about for more than a year). The interface is cleaner, smarter and the features are great!

Winks: Winks allow you to send kisses, hearts and all sorts of silly cartoons to your contacts.

Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript.

Download packs: Download packs will allow users to grab winks/emoticons/display pictures and backgrounds straight from MSN. As these currently don't work we were unable to test them.

Games: Chess Club, Bankshot Billiards Club are included if you're a Instant Games Clubhouse member. Standard Checkers/Solitaire Showdown/Bejeweled/Minesweeper Flags and Tic Tac Toe are still included.

Activities: Activities allow you to share files, calendars, photos and perform tasks such as remote assistance.

Deluxe Display Pictures: Although these are unavailable it seems like MSN are going to supply animated display pictures.

The build in question is 7.0.0205 and carries the beta tag throughout. The main MSN Messenger window is redesigned to show your display picture and includes the ability to scroll through tabs. There's no new options in the main options menu but you can change the position of the tab icons. When a contact signs in using MSN Messenger 6 or above you get the contacts display picture on the sign in toast. Custom emoticons are still the same, they still do not animate or allow animated GIFs etc. Check out the screenshots below for more features and the general user interface. MSN Messenger 7.0 is expected to be released into beta on November 11 with a general "MSN Messenger Wave 10" release as late as February 2005. We'll keep you updated but for now enjoy the screenshots.

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24503&category=main

As some of you may know (and Patchou also) Messenger 7 will hit around Feb 2005. Im just wondering if Patchou is planning Plus! 4 for this new version (which i doubt) or/and if he thinks any "issues" may arrise with this new version.

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 10:52 PM by riahc4.
09-29-2004 10:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32297&action=lastpost
09-29-2004 10:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
yes but im asking about Plus! with  Messenger 7. Problems new version new features (talking about the rumored DDPs) ect. Maybe Patchou can fill us in on info

This post was edited on 09-29-2004 at 11:08 PM by riahc4.
09-29-2004 11:07 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
yes but im asking about Plus! with  Messenger 7. Problems new version new features (talking about the rumored DDPs) ect. Maybe Patchou can fill us in on info
Patchou wont be able to do anything or no anything about incompatibility issues until the offical release of MSN Messenger 7. Patchou doesn't install Beta software to code on because it may change in the actual release.
09-29-2004 11:09 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :p)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :p.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).

This post was edited on 09-30-2004 at 02:24 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-30-2004 02:22 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well Matty, that's not true (sorry :p)... I don't install beta versions of minor releases but I'm always veryhappyto test major releases as they generally imply a lot of work  from my part. When I'll have a beta version of Messenger 7, I'll work on the compatibility problems and I'll release a new version before the final public release (if possible) so that you don't experience any problem... anyway, for now, I have nothing :p.

PS: there won't be any Messenger Plus! 4 for Messenger 7... there's abslotelu no link between the Messenger majorversions and Plus! ones :).
I didn't think you installed betas to code on because if they change something by the final release then your kind of screwed and have to work on it even more. *cough* MSN Messenger 5 *cough**cough*Plus! incompatibility*cough*

Sorry to bring it up but its my valid point. Even with Plus! 2.5 (I think it was) and MSN Messenger 6 beta, as far as I can remember, mind you I dont remember 3 days ago let along MSN Messenger 6 beta. :P
09-30-2004 02:45 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well, I can't be sure that all my changes on beta versions will work on afinal version but still, it's worth the time.. I worked a whole month on Messenger 6 beta to find out how to recode half of the program to make it compatible.... then, I only had to spend two or three extra days after Messenger 6 was publicly released to complete the work... let's hope though that Messenger 7 won't be such a hard task :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-30-2004 06:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riley

mypreciousmusic.com

wow i just can't wait till the day both programs are running smoothly on my pc :D

I hope Patchou can get's his hands on this beta a.s.a.p so he don't include features in plus that also will be in 7 cause that will be lost of usefull time... though i don't think micro$oft can make such kick-ass features idea's as patchou...:p

[off topic] i still hope for a official pause/resume filetransfer support in 7... :)[/off topic]
live for today, 'cause yesterday's gone and tomorrow may never come

[Image: lifehouse_400x149_001_copy1.jpg]

My Precious Music
09-30-2004 07:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Plus! and Messenger 7
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou

OK thanks for explaing that. I have Messenger 7 Beta (its been virus scanned and it perfectly runs on my system but i understand if u dont trust me). Where can i upload it so you can download it? I didnt PM this to you personally because i know ur very busy too read PMs
10-02-2004 10:32 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I have Messenger 7 Beta (its been virus scanned and it perfectly runs on my system but i understand if u dont trust me)
It has leaked?...Where did you get it from?
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
10-02-2004 12:08 PM
Pages: (12): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: