What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! 3.21

Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! 3.21
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Happy  Messenger Plus! 3.21
Hello everybody,

Less than a month has passed since the last version of Messenger Plus! was released but I felt that this update had to be distributed now, for several reasons. First, because it includes several nice improvements to the Contacts on Desktop feature and I'm sure everyone will enjoy that (along with the bug fixes). Secondly, because this is is the last real update (see below) that will be released before the next, major one. With MSN Messenger 7 on its way, a lot of work has to be done to make Messenger Plus! entirely compatible and I want to be sure that you'll not only get compatibility but cool improvements that will give you another reason to upgrade to Messenger 7 when it will be available. The good news is that Microsoft recently granted me with an MSN MVP status which means that I'll be able to test Messenger Plus! on private beta versions, making sure that everything will be ready for the big day (or before).

This version is also a major step toward better user satisfaction. In the past couple of months, the count of Messenger Plus! users has increased dramatically and with it, the number of complains related to the optional sponsor program. Some people tend to think that the agreement is designed to fool people on purpose and, despite the fact that it is entirely untrue (there are so many "better" ways to deceive people, take a look at what you see on the internet nowadays), I've decided that the time had come to redesign the setup a little bit. In that sense, version 3.21 is also a test version. I will be testing several new versions of the sponsor agreement window with the hope of finding a better compromise between user satisfaction and revenues. In case that wouldn't be clear enough for some of the people who like to write pages about how awful I am on some forums/newsgroups , let me rephrase this: with version 3.21, I'll be trying to find ways to earn less money and this, only so that people can focus more about the features included in Messenger Plus! than its sponsor.

Very soon, when the tests will be over, I will release another version that will contain the final new look of the setup. The time has come for some people to remember that Messenger Plus! is not a spyware-filled junk but a full featured Messenger plugin. The optional adware is just here as a complement so that I can live my own life, it has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! itself. I hope this version (and the next) will make thisfact clear for everyone (for more details about this, you can read my recent post on this subject on the forum).

Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
10-10-2004 09:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
RE: Messenger Plus! 3.21
awesome!  i cant wait for screen shots of 3.25

i love this picture:
[Image: plusmsn7colors.png]

and 3.21 works great :D

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 09:39 PM by lylesback2.
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

10-10-2004 09:34 PM
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
I'm downloading 3.21 now........ :D:D:D
10-10-2004 09:35 PM
brian

– / Male / –
Nice, Nice!
Anyways.. would someone reply on this thread so i could start?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=32734 :)
10-10-2004 09:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Just the mere fact that you keep releasing updates means that you are really devoted to your users, but now you also look for ways to improve the sponsor agreement screen, you've proven yourself to be a very good man (Y):)

Hopefully, we will see less complaints and more compliments about the future versions - because compliments is what they more than deserve :)
10-10-2004 09:38 PM
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
hey patchou is it ok if i save msgplus 3.21 onto my comp then upload to my site and put it up for download  there ?
10-10-2004 09:39 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
I've just installed the new version, and it came up one of the new sponsor installation screens. To be honest, I don't think there is any way people can mistakenly click the wrong one with the one I saw. :P

I really hope trying to make a few people happy doesn't impact too much on your income or your means of living :-/

Nice work on the new version though! :gfdrin: Keep up the superb work (y)

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 09:41 PM by Jeronimo.
10-10-2004 09:40 PM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
Good news for people who dont read the user agreement and stuff! Good luck with the new MP!
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
10-10-2004 09:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
Congrats on your MVP "degree"!!! When did you get it?

Oh, and good work as usual :)
10-10-2004 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
musicalmidget
Elite Member

Hmm, randomness...

37 / Male / Flag
I was about to say more or less the same as Jeronimo just did.

The new screen is certainly very clear and I hope it doesn't cost you too much money Patchou.  Time will tell I suppose.

Oh, and congratulations on the MVP status! [Image: mininana.gif]

This post was edited on 10-10-2004 at 09:46 PM by musicalmidget.
10-10-2004 09:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: