What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!
Author: Message:
R-Style

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!
Microsoft needs Patchou, with his ideas MSN keeps on running. Without Patchou MSN is never be so great... I am still using MSN 6.2 and when the new plus comes out. I am gonna use MSN 7 with it.
10-13-2004 02:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!
True, Messenger is QUITE boring now without Messenger Plus!  In fact, I doubt i'd use MSN Messenger if Plus! went away...

As Patchou said, Microsoft would prolly pay him thousands (if not millions) for his features if they really wanted Plus!
10-13-2004 03:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by R-Style
Microsoft needs Patchou, with his ideas MSN keeps on running. Without Patchou MSN is never be so great... I am still using MSN 6.2 and when the new plus comes out. I am gonna use MSN 7 with it.

i totally agree with u r-style. you see in the past i tryed the messenger plus version for aim and yahoo and they sucked. Patchous work is unique nd of ultra high quality. but even so if msn messenger didnt have a plus then noone would use msn messenger as itd be crappier than the other messengers without it. the plus software for the other messengers may not be anyway near the same high quality as patchous messenger plus but any of them would make there relevant messengers better than an msn messenger that didnt have plus on it.

so yes if microsoft stole patchous work then msn messenger wouldnt get many customers. also people pay for messenger if they have a msn premium subscription as it comes with that software if they all unsubscribed from premium cause they stopped using messenger this would surverly dent microsofts wallet. i doubt even microsoft are that dumb. anyways Patchou keep up the good work msn messenger plus is one of the best pieces of software ever written and im glad you re so generous as to put in all that time and effort without ever asking for anything in return you truely are an inspiration my friend

This post was edited on 10-14-2004 at 03:28 AM by Fraisie.
10-13-2004 03:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
R-Style

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Exclusive Rights of Patchou!!!!
Microsoft knows exactly what Patchou does.
I know for sure that MS is keeping an eye on this Forum. To look what Patchou is doing right know. Messenger plus is free advertisement for MSN. Whit this advertisement of a great tool MSN keeps on running. Big M knows also MSN must stay free......
10-13-2004 03:58 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

They must be leet to have that wrote on their site, websites never lie do they :rolleyes:...

Its pretty cool about all of this really... I agree with choli that its just morally incorrect to 'steal' features without permission...
02-03-2005 05:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
*Saint*

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I agree with choli that its just morally incorrect to 'steal' features without permission...
but not all people care about morals
02-03-2005 06:11 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Saint

i think MS needs to have some morals...or the anti MS movement will get bigger and bigger...
02-03-2005 06:32 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
Originally posted by Saint

i think MS needs to have some morals...or the anti MS movement will get bigger and bigger...

I agree with that one, most companies won't steal anything, if they do, they'll be subtle about it aswell...
02-03-2005 06:36 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
MS are talking about or at least appear to be thinking about custom away mesages, isn't this "yours"

They must pay you. even if it runs different they should send you money anyway.
02-04-2005 05:50 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
If it works differently (i.e. protocol-supported), they won't have to pay any money. In fact, they may not even infringe intellectual proerty rights.
Anyway, Plus has way more genuinely useful features than custom statuses. Like coloured nicks, the whole plugin subsystem, event logger, contact list clean-up helper thingymajig, quick texts, custom status shortcuts...
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-04-2005 10:08 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: