What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sponsor Program

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Sponsor Program
Author: Message:
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Sponsor Program
Most people get so tired from all the garbage agreements they have to accept ppl might just think its the agreement for messenger plus! without looking. even with the toolbar and the C2Media text, ppl still see the licence-agreement looking textbox
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
11-07-2004 02:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Sponsor Program
I don't read EULAs or TnCs usually (far too long most of them), but I always read installation screens. The issue here is really that people often don't read installation screens, and get RCN (Rapid Clicking of 'Next') syndrome. Then, when they see the sponsor, they get HUAS (Hasty Use of Anti-Spyware) syndrome, then they come on here and blow their top over our forum.
When they are encouraged to read stuff, they then suffer CBA  (Couldn't Be Arsed) syndrome, and at the end of day, it's their fault, not Patchou's.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-07-2004 04:26 PM
k776

– / Male / –
Tochjo, dont have to change the window then. To post, member have to register. Send in the email that gets sent out for activation, something like this:

Sponsor Program
Plus! come with an optional sponsor program. If you have registered to the forum because your computer has been infected with spyware, please follow this thread [adware removal thread link here] and the next time you install, pay close attention to the install screens.

That should get rid of some arguements :D

This post was edited on 11-07-2004 at 07:07 PM by k776.
[Image: k776.jpg]
11-07-2004 06:55 PM
gnownoskcid

PENMASTER

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Patchou doesn't rely on the People that don't understand it, a group of people may accept that they install it so that plus! can carry on, and that they don't mind having adware on their pc's.
I think you are wrong. If msgPlus can survive without people who don't read the agreement, we can say that msgPlus can survive if EVERYONE understand the agreement. If everyone understand the agreement, it doesn't matter if we use this in the installation:
Do you want to install the sponsor to support msgPlus?
The only reason patchou does not use this is that almost no one will install the sponsor, thus msgPlus will not survive.

Messenger Plus! does rely on people who do not read the agreement.
Cow juice...
11-07-2004 08:55 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
quote:
However, we cannot make the sponsor any clearer because msgPlus rely on people who do not read the agreement.
Untrue. I don't rely on anyone reading the agreement, ghowever, Idorely on peopel who open their eyes and see the clear options given to them along with all the visual indications (such as the toolbarscreenshot). Even Google's installer is less "protected" than that. The factis that despite what some of you have always thought, many people just don't care about installing adware on their computer, as long as they get what they wanted for free. More advanced computer users are the ones who generally don't want adware and this class of people is supposed to be able to know what the screenshot of a toolbar means. In all honesty, I really think I just can't make it clearer than what it is today.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-08-2004 12:49 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: