What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » RssPlug Beta 0.3

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
RssPlug Beta 0.3
Author: Message:
DJHasis

Oooh what does this button do??!!

– / Male / –
RE: RssPlug Beta 0.2
New version works good BUT when you have a open conversation and the plugin shows a news in a pop up-toast status changes to busy and back to online when the toast dissappears.
It's pretty annoying and would be nice to get that fixed :D

Edit:
I looked a bit more close and saw that the status changes every time when the toast appeares and disappears not depending if theres a conversation open.

This post was edited on 03-02-2005 at 04:54 PM by DJHasis.
Tears of saddness but laughter of maddness but be ready cause he may come near you.
Harry the harassment Panda
03-02-2005 03:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
The_Thief

The man with a thousand sites :D

48 / Male / –
What is it for?
03-02-2005 07:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJHasis

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by serpico
What is it for?
quote:
Originally posted by KooKiz
I'll make an exemple. Imagine that you are someone who regulary check yahoo's news : http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index&cid=716
But you are bored to reload the page every five minutes to see if there is a change. Then juste take a rss feeder program, and configure it to check this url : http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories  , which is the rss feed of the news page. Then each time there is a change, the rss feeder program will inform you, so you can go and see the news :)

Tears of saddness but laughter of maddness but be ready cause he may come near you.
03-02-2005 08:04 PM
KooKiz

O.P. RE: RE: RssPlug Beta 0.2
quote:
Originally posted by DJHasis
New version works good BUT when you have a open conversation and the plugin shows a news in a pop up-toast status changes to busy and back to online when the toast dissappears.

Yes I know, that's a little trick I use to bypass a limitation of the messenger plus api. I haven't find any other way yet, but i'm still searching...
03-14-2005 12:00 PM
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
It doesn't work for me (on 7.0.0632 and 6.2), see the atachment. It will be better than messagecast :p :p

[Image: capture13ta.jpg]

This post was edited on 03-14-2005 at 04:02 PM by Goshi.
03-14-2005 04:00 PM
KooKiz

O.P. RE: RssPlug Beta 0.2
If you restart messengerplus, do you still have this error message ?
03-14-2005 04:54 PM
Goshi

I'm french

39 / Male / –
Yes. I've restarted msg plus more than 3 times :)
03-14-2005 05:59 PM
DJHasis

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RssPlug Beta 0.2
quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
It doesn't work for me (on 7.0.0632 and 6.2), see the atachment. It will be better than messagecast :p :p

[Image: capture13ta.jpg]

I have Msn Messenger 7.0.0632 and don't have any other problems with the rss-plugin then the status-change :D

But what if you shutdown messenger plus and messenger and after that install the rss-plugin and restart them both?
If it would work then. If it won't work then you'll maybe need to delete the rss-plugin dll from messenger plus!-plugins folder and then re-install it.
03-14-2005 07:38 PM
KooKiz

O.P. RE: RssPlug Beta 0.2
This error message show up when the file "rssplug_configuration.ini" is missing (next time I'll put more explicit messages like "Configuration file is missing", or at least "File doesn't exist",I promise :D ). This file should be located in the plugin folder, and created by the installer. Anyway, after the warning message, it should be created when you quit messenger plus. So I guess there is a bug... :(

I'll give it a look, but can you try to download this file and tell me if it still doesn't works ? (after putting it in your plugin directory)

This post was edited on 03-16-2005 at 10:07 AM by KooKiz.
03-16-2005 10:04 AM
arenor

45 / Male / –
RssPlug Beta 0.2 thanks/bugs/advices
Hello, i use Rssplug since 2 days and it works !!!
First i'd like to thank you.
If i write this message it's because i'd like to report somes bugs and advices :
- i've had some trouble during installation so i give here the method i use to install it correctly. First I must (before proceding the installation) turn on "enable plugins" in msgplus. Then I close msn and I use the windows taskmanager to shutdown manually msgplus. I proceed the rssplug installation and i restart my computer in order to reinitialize msgplus. It appears a error message that i ignore (something like a file is missing) and i go in msgplus to configure rssplug with my favorite information sites.
- i'd like to inform you that i've still a bug : when i'm starting msn, i choose to always appear offline and then turn online when i've seen who's contact are online... but since i use rssplug, my contacts told me that, when i'm connecting, i appears online and then offline several times (maybe when rssplug check web site...). They ask me why i go online and then offline 4 or 5 times... I don't know if my trouble is clear for you but i hope so ;-)
- just 2 advices now on a new fonctionnalities that could be usefull : 1) i check several rss feed coming from different websites. When a news is collected by rssplug, it doesn't tell me in which site the news appears so it would be great if it does. 2) when more than one news is posted on a website, rssplug takes only one of them, it would be great if it can gives all the news if there's more than one....

Thanks again for the usefull plug
PS: (sorry for the mistaken in this message, i'm french speaker....)

This post was edited on 04-05-2005 at 02:10 PM by arenor.
04-05-2005 01:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: