What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » RssPlug Beta 0.3

Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
RssPlug Beta 0.3
Author: Message:
KooKiz

O.P. RE: RssPlug Beta 0.3
Webbulle isn't really the same. That's a rss reader, indeed, but not fully integrated to the environment.
The reason why I maked rssplug a Messenger plus plugin rather than a stand-alone application, is that this way the plugin is loaded only when you are connected to internet (I don't know anyone who use msn messenger offline), and use very few ram (Webbulle use more than 16 Mb). After installation, Rssplug do everything to be forgetted : no start menu folder, no desktop icon, not even an icon in the taskbar. The only times when you remember that you are using Rssplug is when a news is displayed, or when you want to add a new rss feed.
I don't know why you use this plugin rather than any other application, but I created it and I use it because I don't know any other free rss reader that I can forget so easily.

I don't know when the previous server will be available, so you can download the plugin here : http://k.gosse.free.fr/rssplug/rssplug%200.3.rar
11-03-2005 02:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
arenor

45 / Male / –
RE: RssPlug Beta 0.3
Since a month i've problem with messenger. It crash every time when loading. I discover that when i remove your rssplug, it works correctly. It's strange that the plug works correctly for months but crash messenger since november... Do you see a reason ?
12-01-2005 10:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KooKiz

You probably installed an incompatible program/plugin, but I don't know which one...
Rssplug is compatible with msn 7.5, Messenger Plus! 3.61, .net2.0.

Anyway, this plugin really need to be rewritten from scratch, but I don't have enough free time this year :/

If someone is interested in helping, please contact me.
12-01-2005 10:55 AM
KooKiz

Can you please replace your old dll with this one ?
http://k.gosse.free.fr/rssplug/RssPlug.dll

I think this should work.
12-02-2005 07:07 PM
laurenz

it makes my msn gets a error report and crash when i start msn up!
its very very anoying, and im sure of it that it is this plugin, cuz when i de-install it, everything works fine, when i install the plugin again, BOOOM, crash!
i got msn 7.5.0311 (dutch version) and msgplus 3.61.145.
I got the Countdown plugin, stuffplug plugin, and the adcontrol plugin in stalled with this one..then i get the error..

EDIT:
haven't seen the post above me lol..
thnx for the dll, it works

This post was edited on 12-10-2005 at 10:07 AM by laurenz.
12-10-2005 10:04 AM
sector15

Hi,

I was just wondering if this plugin could be used in conjunction with the gmail RSS function (http://forevergeek.com/geek_resources/gmail_rss_feed.php) to check for for new emails...

It would be great if this actually worked as the pop3 checker built into messenger plus has issues with the gmail pop3 protocol...
02-19-2007 01:45 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: