What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » a quick question...

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
a quick question...
Author: Message:
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. Undecided  a quick question...
please, dont delete this straight away, or ban me... i just wanna ask why theblashphemer is banned? i guess its cos he got pissed off the other night when ppl were having a go at him for wanting to add an OPTIONAL newsletter and beta-testing priveledges, and get people to pay a small fee to get those two things. i think thats reasonable, and if you have a go at someone for wanting to do something, and actually really upset them, then theyre gonna get pissed off, what he does is HIS choice, just be thankful stuffplug will remain free, and has been free since the beginning.
also, as for him "asking ppl on IRC to give him a good reputation" (as said in a negative reputation thing), again he can do what he wants... alot of people here seem to focus on the reputation, as ive seen in past posts by other people, so no wonder he wants a good reputation, esp as i just read his ratings, and so many of them were "cos he gets pissed off", which isnt really a valid reason. everyone has bad days, so pushing them is bound to piss them off.
Lastly, ever  since TB started going on IRC, and since ive known him, hes been reasonable, he's helped people, and is generally patient and willing to help. There are others i know on here, who get a lot worse than him, yet nothing is done about it even when its reported to be a serious problem. if youre gonna pick on one person who gets irritated, then by all mkeans, ban me for getting poissed off on IRC, and ban sunshine too, we used to argue. Ban dane, for posting an angry post, infact, ban everyone.... if arguements and being pissed off really affect you that much, that you have to ban ppl, then lock yourself if your room, smash up your comp, and never see anyone else again :P
Kangie
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-01-2004 08:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: a quick question...
Reading this may help: [split] tb
12-01-2004 08:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dr4g0n

33 / Male / Flag
Fair points, fair points. But i can't really comment because i haven't seen the arguement. So yeah, MODS READ THIS imo. I'm staying out of it though. i just think they should read it.
12-01-2004 08:46 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
O.P. RE: a quick question...
traxor, i just read that, and tbh, i get pissed off wi ppl, why cant he? ive called time alot worse on IRC, and he's called me, and my fiancé alot more :) whatever happened to freedom of speech on this forum? or was it never made a rule?

(ta dr4g0n ;o)

This post was edited on 12-01-2004 at 08:49 PM by kangie.
12-01-2004 08:48 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
whatever happened to freedom of speech on this forum?
Freedom of speech always has limits. You can't insult and disrespect people like TB was doing. He made like 5 posts saying he hopes traxor dies, and he was rude to many other people. That's unacceptable on these forums, IMO. :-/
12-01-2004 08:58 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
i banned him for triple posting twice, even though he knows he cant do that, and mainly for his last post in that thread, although he was very rude in other posts in the same thread also.

its only a 24 hours ban btw :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-01-2004 09:03 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
wdz.... an ircop did that to me, more times than that...i reported it, and NOTHING was done... why is it any different for TB? ive lost count of the amount of times ive been told to die.... i didnt take it seriously tho  :) and im sure traxor has enough brains to know not to take things like that seriously. and as  for being rude to people, try walking down a street sometime, most people woundnt give to the time of day, cos most ppl are rude :P people should accept that theyre not gonna get on with, and accept that people are going to be rude to them in real life.

it wouldnt matter if it was a 24min ban, its the princeple of the matter :)

(this isnt a double post, so dinny ban me chrono :P you posted at exactly the same time as me)
12-01-2004 09:03 PM
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
IRC and these forums are different thing, if u want to complain about irc, go and talk to EvilSeph or DX, i think they are responsible for it :P
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-01-2004 09:07 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kangie
wdz.... an ircop did that to me, more times than that...i reported it, and NOTHING was done... why is it any different for TB?
It sounds like you're talking about IRC, not the forums, so your point doesn't really mean anything. ^o)

Apart from the rude treatment of people today, TB made a page yesterday that tricked users into giving him positive reputation votes, which is considered abuse.

Please don't question this ban; it was definitely deserved.
12-01-2004 09:08 PM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
wanna give me a link to this page?
12-01-2004 09:09 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »