What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PSP Final images and spec.s!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
PSP Final images and spec.s!
Author: Message:
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Originally posted by Ningc_Maniac

Anyways, look at the beauty.... the beauty that'll cost Sony a loooot of money :) I predict its gonna awefully flop. Don't bash me, it's my personal prediction.

Why? :-/

Everyone thought the Xbox would be a flop, and is it? No!
The only reason the Sega Gamegear flopped was bcz of it's huge size and mass, but the PSP is actually SMALLER than the DS, and everyone I know wants one + thinks the DS is gay.

IMO, the DS is for 13 and under, the PSP is for 14+

IMO the DS is for 10 and up and the PSP is trying to act like its for 20 and up (while both of them can obviously be for every one of us considering the machine itself cant do jackshit about age targets cause its the games that will affect that ;) )

I should have explained myself better though talking about flops. True the Xbox has done great compared to many predictions but i still consider it to be somewhat "floppy" because of all the money Microsoft lost on it. What i mean is the PSP will certainly sell a lot but i think Sony will have to make changes for it to catch on which will hurt it.

Seriously, the only company that has really profitting from the console business is nintendo and they are far from selling the most...
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
12-09-2004 05:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
I love Nintendo for their console, and Xbox and PS2 for their games. I think that a PXCube would be the ultimate! It would rock my socks lol.
[Image: 7.png]
12-09-2004 06:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
IMO the DS is for 10 and up and the PSP is trying to act like its for 20 and up (while both of them can obviously be for every one of us considering the machine itself cant do jackshit about age targets cause its the games that will affect that ;) )

I should have explained myself better though talking about flops. True the Xbox has done great compared to many predictions but i still consider it to be somewhat "floppy" because of all the money Microsoft lost on it. What i mean is the PSP will certainly sell a lot but i think Sony will have to make changes for it to catch on which will hurt it.

Seriously, the only company that has really profitting from the console business is nintendo and they are far from selling the most...

I agree about the ages, IMO, it has nothing to do with the console itself, its more to do with its contect etc ;). You wouldn't make a film 15 from a 12 because it had a more adult looking cover :-/. At the moment, thats the only way I can compare it ;).

To be honest, microsoft did make a 'flop' at the beginning of the xbox's console life, but as the time has gone, microsoft have made billions producing the xbox and the games for the xbox. I don't think that any hand held console will be popular in Britain much, yeah, they're interesting, but they've never really caught on over here in my opinion, the gameboy color was ok, then it died down, the place for handheld consoles is Japan and China. The shape of it is a little bit dodgy, to me, it looks like an oversized GameBoy Advance :-/.

I think by the whole profit thing you mean, handheld consoles from nintendo are only making profit, I have to agree with this one, GameBoy is and probably always will be the best hand held consoles around, the way the look, the ergonomics, the aesthetics, they're just all great, but the games are a bit dodgy, still the reigning champions for handheld consoles though.... The nintendo gamecube and the other nintendo consoles are a little bit dodgy, but thats my opinion, no-one has to follow my opinion, if they want to, then please yourselves ;).

The specs on the psp are a little bit dodgy, but for a handheld, they're okay, I myself, will not be buying one ever, I might play one, but definitely not buy one, they are a waste of time and money if you have a ps2, why not just buy a ps2, its completely illogical.
12-09-2004 06:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
quote:

Because they put third-rate, low performance parts in their machines.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I love Nintendo for their console, and Xbox and PS2 for their games. I think that a PXCube would be the ultimate! It would rock my socks lol.

I will kill myself if that day comes *-)
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-09-2004 06:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
giant_frying_pan

>>>To be honest, microsoft did make a 'flop' at the beginning of the xbox's console life, but as the time has gone, microsoft have made billions producing the xbox and the games for the xbox.

Microsoft still haven't turned a profit from Xbox. The Entertainment division (that incorporates the Xbox) has reported a loss each quarter since it launched. The next report though they will most likely turn some sort of profit for the first time, due to Halo 2.

Oh and go easy on the use of the word 'dodgy' :p

>>>Because they put third-rate, low performance parts in their machines.

Oh yes, the IBM PowerPC chip is really third rate with low performance. So third-rate and low performing, that Sony is partnering with IBM for its Cell chip for the PS3 and Microsoft are using a straight PowerPC chip for its next console [face_rollseyes]

>>>I will kill myself if that day comes

Yeah no Nintendo means a hell of a lot less fun and progress in the games industry. It wouldn't be nice to see.

giant_frying_pan
12-09-2004 07:08 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan

Oh yes, the IBM PowerPC chip is really third rate with low performance. So third-rate and low performing, that Sony is partnering with IBM for its Cell chip for the PS3 and Microsoft are using a straight PowerPC chip for its next console [face_rollseyes]
giant_frying_pan

Firstly, the SPECIFIC chip they used for the Gamecube sucks, IBM doesn't.
Seccondly, Microsoft is using 2 G5 processors for the Xenon.

quote:

Yeah no Nintendo means a hell of a lot less fun and progress in the games industry. It wouldn't be nice to see.

giant_frying_pan

I meant that the new company would SUCK! :banana: :refuck:
12-09-2004 07:45 PM
giant_frying_pan

Yes, I was twisting your words :p

It's better for the industry to have all three companies making hardware and performing well. PS2/3 for mass-market gaming. Xbox /Xbox 2 for online gfaming and GameCube/Revolution for raw innovation.

The PSP is fantastic if only because it meant Nintendo prices the DS aggressively. I really wish SCE would take a page out of London Studio's book though and devoted a bit more resource to innovation rather than pure marketing. GIVE US MORE STUFF LIKE EYETOY, SONY.

giant_frying_pan
12-09-2004 07:51 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Yes, I was twisting your words :p

It's better for the industry to have all three companies making hardware and performing well. PS2/3 for mass-market gaming. Xbox /Xbox 2 for online gfaming and GameCube/Revolution for raw innovation.

The PSP is fantastic if only because it meant Nintendo prices the DS aggressively. I really wish SCE would take a page out of London Studio's book though and devoted a bit more resource to innovation rather than pure marketing. GIVE US MORE STUFF LIKE EYETOY, SONY.

giant_frying_pan

DS will flop, if either do.

And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative? They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.
12-09-2004 07:55 PM
giant_frying_pan

>>>DS will flop, if either do.

It won't flop. It's already SOLD a million and shipped many, many more.

>>>And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative?

Without Nintendo, Sony wouldn't have made the PS. Without Nintendo, Sega, Atari and others, there'd be no industry in the first place.

>>>They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.

You seriously think the PowerPC is low-performing? It's the same architecture of Power Mac G5s, albeit at lower clock and cache.

Barring ICO and EyeToy, any innovation you see on PlayStation is third party.

giant_frying_pan
12-09-2004 08:02 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
>>>DS will flop, if either do.

It won't flop. It's already SOLD a million and shipped many, many more.

>>>And WTF are you talking about? Gamecube is inovative?

Without Nintendo, Sony wouldn't have made the PS. Without Nintendo, Sega, Atari and others, there'd be no industry in the first place.

>>>They just took lower-performing parts so they could make the shitcube small and light.

You seriously think the PowerPC is low-performing? It's the same architecture of Power Mac G5s, albeit at lower clock and cache.

Barring ICO and EyeToy, any innovation you see on PlayStation is third party.

giant_frying_pan

Like I said, the powerpc processor itself isn't bad, but the one they used for the Gamecuve is.

BTW, I never said Nintendo wasn't inovative (I have an N64 and a GBC) but I said their Crapcube isn't, and that their latest paper-weight, the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.
12-09-2004 08:11 PM
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: