What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » PSP Final images and spec.s!

Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
PSP Final images and spec.s!
Author: Message:
giant_frying_pan

RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
>>>but I said their Crapcube isn't

More innovative than your insults!

>>>the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.

Well, that remains to be seen. What also remains to be seen is if the PSP can host games other than rehashes of old PS1 & PS2 games.

Pokémon, as stale as it might be on GBA, will itself ensure DS suceeds. You can bet on that.

giant_frying_pan
12-09-2004 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: PSP Final images and spec.s!
quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan
>>>but I said their Crapcube isn't

More innovative than your insults!

>>>the DS, is going to perform FAR BELOW the Psp.

Well, that remains to be seen. What also remains to be seen is if the PSP can host games other than rehashes of old PS1 & PS2 games.

Pokémon, as stale as it might be on GBA, will itself ensure DS suceeds. You can bet on that.

giant_frying_pan

It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2, the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise. I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
12-09-2004 09:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by blade
It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2, the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise. I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)

Agreed, I've never really understood why people that have nintendo consoles or watever are always loyal to that console and hate all others, a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman. I just find it really annoying.

EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday :refuck:
12-09-2004 09:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
quote:

The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2

The movie's i've seen from games sure don't show that :S
[Image: 1-0.png]

12-09-2004 10:06 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
quote:

The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2

The movie's i've seen from games sure don't show that :S

They spec.s are just below, and to conserver battery life they made the game less intensive in some areas. Have you seen the videos for NFSU: Rivals, GT4: Mobile and Metal Gear:Acid? They look so...so....:drool:
12-09-2004 10:19 PM
giant_frying_pan

>>>It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2,

The PSX had the spec of a PS2 as well as a lot more bells and whistles and it absolutly bombed in Japan!

Also: the PS2 didn't have a 5 hour battery life, as latest Ridge Racer PSP tests have shown.

>>>the DS has the specs of an N64 (I meant hardware wise, not market wise.

The Lynx. More powerful than the GameBoy. Had an inferior battery life and game library. Failed.

Game Gear. More powerful than the GameBoy. Had an inferior battery life and game library. Failed.

The Wonderswan. More powerful than the GameBoy Advance. Had some decent games. Nattery life not quite as long. Failed.

The N-Gage. Just....wrong.

The PSP. Less than half the battery life for gaming than the GBA SP or NDS. Shockingly poor launch line-up. It will do better than all the above, it will come closest to surpassing Nintendo in handheld market share. Neither of us know yet if it will succeed, but history favours Nintendo and you cite historical trends (It HAS been seen, The PSP has the specifications of a Playstation 2,) when Sony has no track record in the market at all.

>>>I think they'll perform relativly the same bcz ppl like u are ultra loyal to Nintendo.)

They'll both perform well, I don't doubt that.

>>>a ps2 to somebody with a nintendo gamecube is like what kryptonite is to superman. I just find it really annoying.

Well I really have no time for people who own one console and completely shun the fact that the PS2 and Xbox both have great exclusives, just like GameCube and most other successful consoles in the past. Gaming isn't cheap and there's nothing wrong to only be able to afford one, but it sometimes adds an emotional attachment that blinds those people from the other consoles positives and their own console's negatives.

>>>EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday

What about today? DS has sold more than PSP. Sure the PSP's barely out, but you did say "anyday" :p

[EDIT - Have you seen the videos for NFSU: Rivals, GT4: Mobile and Metal Gear:Acid? They look so...so....

What's the point in having dumbed-down versions of PS2 games? Wouldn't original games tailored to the handheld medium be better? Acid is an original direction for the series, but not really suited to the Metal Gear name. Konami would have been better off creating new IP for it or better yet, a proper MGS game exclusivly for PSP.

Or were they worried all that FMV would drop the battery down to sub three hour levels :p]

giant_frying_pan

This post was edited on 12-09-2004 at 10:26 PM by giant_frying_pan.
12-09-2004 10:22 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
woohoo i just found a best-forum-buddy lol! go giant_frying_pan

seriously blade, no offense but think about some stuffy your saying.... it is very unfounded and sometimes obviously wrong... you say the DS will flop will its selling like pancakes... comon...
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
12-09-2004 10:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by giant_frying_pan

>>>EIther way, psp will pwn the DS anyday

What about today? DS has sold more than PSP. Sure the PSP's barely out, but you did say "anyday" :p

giant_frying_pan

:lol:
It's not hard to out-sell something that doesn't come out until sunday (in only Japan) :lol:
12-09-2004 10:26 PM
giant_frying_pan

But traxor claims the PSP will own the DS any day. This is any day. Isn't it?

giant_frying_pan
12-09-2004 10:32 PM
Maniac

Posts including T&T: 1684

36 / Male / –
Lol good point

No to be serious and unbiased, I think the PSP will start with a strong sales number, but quickly developers will start to become scarce and will simply not have as many good games as the DS.
[Image: maniacsig0pb.jpg]
*It took Jesus 3 days to respawn! Talk about lag!* :rofl:
12-09-2004 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: