What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
3 votes - 5 average   Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
Author: Message:
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
its great to know about this new  lil big feature! :banana:. btw:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
However, you have to admit that there are not as many posts on this forum as there used to be (this goes for almost any Messenger forum I know in fact)
maybe, but did you check the registration statistics?
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/statistics.php?page=reg

We had a new record last month :o!
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-18-2004 08:39 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
Patchou, as time moves on things change and new things become old things, and more new things arise. Honestly, I’ve used Messenger Plus! so long now that to me, it IS part of messenger. Its hard to install messenger these days and not have the urge to download your software. And because of this, you will never loose interest in those who use your software. Everyone has different things they like about Messenger Plus! Some like the Custom names.. being able to multi-color texts and send sounded messages to their friends, others like it for the quick-texts and email notifications..  ect. But all in all, there really isn’t any feature that goes un-used. Saying that, its true that these days MSN Messenger is becoming more advanced and is adding more and more new features (Not always for the best) but the thing about that you have to realize is, its the exact same for your Program too. When MSN Messenger upgrades, Messenger Plus! upgrades, when new features are added to Messenger.. Messenger Plus! adds new features. And its true that things like Custom Statuses and things like that could be added in the future.. but don't forget that in the future.. you will be coming up with more and more ideas, and some of them could even be to customize the new features of messenger! There will always be something new..  but there will always be something that isn’t there. I will and always support you and your software 100%, and i hope that you wont let the on-going production of Messenger get you down.

Great news to hear about the new feature.. can't wait to see what it is..

Sketch :)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
12-18-2004 08:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ZrednaZ

37 / Male / Flag
I partly disagree with you, Patch...

MSN Messenger is nowhere near mature compared to the maturity sensation when Plus! is installed...

The only thing that has brought Messenger closer to maturity is that chat logging function, and that was introduced in version 6.0. Hence, no new issues since then! I mean seriously... Winks and nudges? Get a life, Microsoft.  :P

Plus! and its plugins account for most of the features I use. Maybe File Transfer Plus could even be incorporated into Plus! in the future.. that'd be really cool.

//Zred

This post was edited on 12-18-2004 at 08:54 PM by ZrednaZ.
No, I didn't search before
posting. Don't bother asking.
12-18-2004 08:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

You shouldn't have any doubts, because as msn messenger has progressed to where it is now, so has messenger plus! to be honest, with its 3 versions, each 110% better than the previous version! As I stated earlier, without Plus! MSN Messenger would be an empty instant messaging program, and would be too normal to be honest :), but with Plus! its out of this world with all of the stuff that you can do on it now :). Do not doubt ;)

Of course messenger plus! shines, it always will shine and be that extra step further than msn messenger itself features wise. The gadgets that only are fun for a while is what msn messenger is, with the winks and stuff, I think that they won't last long, and lose their amusement after a while, whereas, with plus! its a serious extension for both the advance and not-so advanced users of msn messenger. I can pretty much fully assure you that msn won't catch up with you, maybe it will almost catch up with you, but you will always be that few steps ahead no matter what, with all of the suggestions you are given and all of the support that users give you...  Do you think any of us like the idea of losing plus! at all, I don't think so to be honest.. I would cry :p. (not literally)..

I just can't wait until I found out what the feature is, I sence that its going to be something that we'll all enjoy, otherwise you wouldn't be keeping it as one big secret and we'd all know :).

Have fun in paris patchou :)

traxor.

12-18-2004 10:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

34 / Male / –
I believe that Plus! will live on for many years to come. Even my children and my children's children and my children's children's children might be using it... :P

I've been using Plus! since version 2.xx all the way up till now, and will be using it for many years to come.

I remember a contact of mine saying to me "did you hear the sound?" and I was like, "no". Then they said "get Messenger Plus!." I remember going to the site that looked dodgy (like it had been made on frontpage or something :P ) and wonderin whether to download or not.. :S ...

... but i did :D

And i was pleased with it and still am!. Great features that have improved my MSN Messenger experience greatly. Even from Windows Messenger and MSN 5, and 6 and now even 7. Enhancing all of those versions.

Just never quit making plus! . I dunno what I would do without it!

This post was edited on 12-18-2004 at 10:17 PM by jren207.
12-18-2004 10:14 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
Thank you very much for all these great comments, it's nice to see I'm not working for nothing :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-18-2004 10:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Messenger Plus! - Past, Present and Future
quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
The only thing that has brought Messenger closer to maturity is that chat logging function, and that was introduced in version 6.0. Hence, no new issues since then! I mean seriously... Winks and nudges? Get a life, Microsoft.  :P
Completely agreed (and might I add, Messenger's logging is unusable... too slow.

While it's true that Plus' practically essential for anyone who has ever used it, it's nice to see innovation :)

Thanks for all your work!
12-18-2004 11:36 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Plus! will never die it has a huge fan base and it is and always will be a great Msn add-on. Glad to here your keeping all your fans happy by adding more great features. Keep up the great work Patchou!

This post was edited on 12-19-2004 at 01:24 AM by _Humphreys.
AC3
12-19-2004 01:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
:bow: Patchou :bow: you changed the whole IM experience
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
12-19-2004 02:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Thank you very much for all these great comments, it's nice to see I'm not working for nothing :).

Your efforts are not wasted Patchou!
Infact by looking some more at those stats!
For the threads for the most views ever!
the topic: MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112... has 529446 views whereas the topic MESSENGER PLUS! 2 IS AVAILABLE! has had 60404.
More people know about msgplus now then in previous years, infact with the new msn messenger 7 more people have been interested because of your new features taking advantage of colour in the contact list and new plugins removing undesirable features (eg SPNG). Microsoft may be finally adding the great features you have provided for years, however i doubt ever that they will incorporate all of your great product and hey! theres always going to be people that don't like what they will provide ;)!
Cheers!
keep up the good work :)
Chestah
P.s have fun in Paris!
Segosa is newb.
12-19-2004 02:42 AM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend