What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General »

Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Author: Message:
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
i mean, after the download, will it install ?!?!
downloading is in progress for me .... but i dont want to download for nothing
Yes it will. The genuine thing is only for downloading. Not for installing.

quote:
so spyware definitions of this beta are modest ?!?! and not comprehensive ?
To tell the truth, that was just a guess of me. I think Ad-Aware's database is larger but I have no idea. Because Microsoft AntiSpyware is based on Giant Antispyware it must have quite a big definitions database. It sure is comprehensive enough. But you must remember it is still a beta.
01-06-2005 02:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
dreaded

O.P.
This is nothing but a reworked version Giant AntiSpyware. To me it looks like the only thing they did was put thier name on it. The definitions of Giant AntiSpyware and any products like it pestpatrol,spyware sweeper, spyware doctor has a bigger database and detects more than spybot or adaware. Unless microsoft is gonna stip it. But cuase of that in all of them products they have false postives, all of the ones I have named has gotten alot of crtizism for having false positives. So watch out for false positives. I hope they make this product for free and dont limit what it will detect. I doubt it will be free though. Seen on other sites that they might sell it. Only time will tell.
01-06-2005 02:49 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Is it good and actually of any use. I already have xoftspy 4. So should i get this ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-06-2005 02:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dreaded

O.P.
I wouldnt get anything without looking here first http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#xos_note
Giant is one ot the good ones. The ones I listed is are known to be non ripp offs. And this is giant reworked.
01-06-2005 03:14 PM
user13774
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Is it good and actually of any use. I already have xoftspy 4. So should i get this ??
quote:
Originally posted by dreaded
I wouldnt get anything without looking here first http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#xos_note
Giant is one ot the good ones. The ones I listed is are known to be non ripp offs. And this is giant reworked.

There is no doubt Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D are the best. They are free, they have a very good definition database and do their job well. I'm starting to like MS AntiSpyware too, but this beta works a bit slow and just for fast cleaning I like Ad-Aware more..
01-06-2005 03:18 PM
tgnb

quote:
Originally posted by zaidgs
whats with this "genuin windows" thing?!
does it mean that if i dont have a genuin windows the program will not install ?!

If you dont have a Genuine Windows then you are a software pirate. If you can't afford to purchase a legal copy you should really search for an alternative instead of stealing.
01-06-2005 04:39 PM
elreteipos

32 / Male / –
does somebody know where you can report that Msg+ ins't spyware?
01-06-2005 04:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

To be honest, this is some of the best spyware/adware removal software that I have ever encountered :s.
01-06-2005 05:02 PM
tgnb

quote:
Originally posted by elreteipos
does somebody know where you can report that Msg+ ins't spyware?

I dont know where you can report it, but with a little bit of searching on microsoft's website i'm sure you can find a link, address or newsgroup. I doubt they will change how the software detects, labels and reports Messenger Plus however.

Edit:
Here is the newsgroup:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/defau...P=spyware&sLCID=us

This post was edited on 01-06-2005 at 06:41 PM by tgnb.
01-06-2005 05:10 PM
mattm591

35 / Male / –
This is extremley good anti spyware software, finding things adaware and panda haven't noticed... however I was extremley angry with the inclusion of messenger plus! especially as they must have gone out of there way to add it, with plus not including any syware or references to once installed. However it amuses me how they contradict themselves first saying, "In either case this software is not to be trusted" and then saying "we recommend ignoring it".  I'm not sure how they work out ther threat levels as Plus! was higher than the actual spyware found.
01-06-2005 07:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (6): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: