What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » should cannabis legalised?

Pages: (13): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
should cannabis legalised?
Author: Message:
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: should cannabis legalised?
If tabacco and alcohol is legal, cannabis should be legal too. It's really scary that they put people in prison for smoking cannabis..

This is a nice website about cannabis: http://www.perkel.com/politics/issues/pot.htm

Note: I don't smoke cannabis myself, nor intend to :)
01-16-2005 08:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
The effects of cannabis are the comparable to the ones of alcohol. The caused effect lasts one or two hours (when smoked), it doesn't cause physical dependence (unlike tobacco).
But:
It's less dangerous. It's not immediately dangerous to health be smoking cannabis all day as happens with alcohol.
Cannabis has even less long-term effects to health than alcohol.

As hashish, when it's pure without sand, plastic and bullshit, is the same (when talking of effects to health) as pure weed, any variety.

I don't really see the point of politicians being so reluctant to legalise it, when we have tobacco and alcohol...

Legalising cocaine is something different, because it's way more dangerous and the effects are really devastating to health.
01-16-2005 09:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
well thats all i heard that they were thinking about supplying the two most popular drugs in pharmacies in England.

Hell not that i've done any in a year but my dad said he would rather me smoke a joint than a ciggarette which suprised me (ci)
01-16-2005 09:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
The main reason that it wasnt legalised was because in the 1930s when the laws were created, alcohol and tobacco were widely used.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
01-16-2005 09:39 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
Well, the fact is that in a joint, you use a bit less tobacco than you use in a cigarette (when rolling weed joints, that is, not hash). So it's slightly healthier (if one can call it "healthy" at all) to smoke pot instead of cigarettes.
01-16-2005 10:16 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Where i live the use of cannabis/weed (softdrugs) is legal. You can buy it (upto a certain amount) in coffeeshops. Dealing is still illegal, but everybody can grow upto 5 plants for own use.

Legalisation takes the "kick" outta it for a lot of ppl (what's more exiting than doing something illegal, right?). Legalisation also prevents ppl from buying it from dodgy dealers (who cut it up more or put other stuff in etc. etc.), afterall they can buy it somewhere where the quality is guaranteed.

P.S. before you ask: no, i've never smoked weed.

This post was edited on 01-16-2005 at 11:13 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-16-2005 11:07 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Well.. tbacco is a drug and according to keystorm it harms your health more than cannabis and it doesnt cause peopple to be addicted...
My opinion is that is simply stupid they legalised tobacco and dont legalise cannabis why? ... lol i think all drugs should be illegal anyway because none of them is healthy anyway.. if people want to smoke at least they should smoke cannabis but the problem is taht its illegal...

This post was edited on 01-16-2005 at 11:23 PM by paperless.
01-16-2005 11:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

38 / Male / –
Slightly off-topic: Sunshine: Amsterdammer tobacco is produced in France... :dodgy:
01-16-2005 11:34 PM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
well i use to do it and started in grade 8 ill admit it but i stoped about 2 months ago just simply because it wasnt fun anymore and never really was in the first place i beleive that it should be legalized for serious people who have special permissins like medicinal but i think anything that affects your mind and could provoke you to do stupid things (and thats what it will do) then it should not be legalised and neither should alcohol, alcohol makes u fucking retarded and dont say it doesnt because if u take to much it will

i guess i think its all about the amount you take.

this is a very touchy subject and can go many different ways so i dont know if it should be or not be legalised
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
01-16-2005 11:59 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
im not trying to get people to smoke it or anything else, but marijuana is used for Medical Purposes an i believe it should only stay for Medical purposes, its used for Epileptics  as a herb or anything else,  what Marijuana does for Epileptics is slows down the Brain which stops or controls Siezures, , i dont believe it should be Legalised in a way just to be able to smoke it when its there,
01-17-2005 01:32 AM
Pages: (13): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: