What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » should cannabis legalised?

Pages: (13): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
should cannabis legalised?
Author: Message:
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: should cannabis legalised?
The attractive effects of smoking weed or drinking alcohol is that they change your behaviour and your patterns making you more/less sensitive, more communicative, less coward, laugh more, etc. Usually, you feel well while the effects last, but afterward you have hangover (alcohol) or get tired (some kinds of weed). And the excessive consumption, the abuse, is always bad. With luck it won't last more than a 15 minutes to feell alright again, but you may end up in the hospital (most frequently by alcohol, but eaten weed is very hazardous, too).

You put the pro's and contra's in a balance and then decide if it's worth consuming and in which measure. Of course people can advise you from their experience, but experience itself tells that the experience varies from person to person. However, I'm not telling you to try anything. Just to think of it rationally and knowing about the facts (either good or bad ones), before you do decide to whether or not to try alcohol, tobacco, weed or any other drugs.
01-17-2005 01:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
another thing i orgot to Mention, Smoking Weed or Drinking excessively can Lead to  Mouth cancers or throat Cancers,  if you smoke it, you  smoke it at your own risk, sure iv'e smoked it, but not excessively,  , i Myself Had cancer, what kinda cancer, Tounge cancer, there trying to Link or have linked Marijuana to My kinda cancer, your prolly thinking , was i a heavy smoker? No i wasnt, only had bout 1 Joint a week, which isnt enough to get the cancer i had,  Drinking, i wasnt a heavy drinker, so that rules that out,  i was just unlucky,
01-17-2005 02:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
The main reason that it wasnt legalised was because in the 1930s when the laws were created, alcohol and tobacco were widely used.
Cannabis was made illegal (In America)for a couple reasons, one being that America used to "hire" Mexican workers.  The problem was they would all come to work Stoned, and would never get any work done.  So the South-West part of the United States pushed to make Cannabis illegal.  Then around 1919-1925, some orginization released a huge front page collum in a big News Paper in NewYork.  It was sponsored by the Government (and supported by.. guess who.... politicians from south-western usa).  The article had big font, with alot of crap like " Cannabis takes your child and makes them lazy"  and all this other stuff about how it will ruin your childs life, and will make them want to do nothing but smoke pot their whole life, non stop. 

01-17-2005 02:49 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
blah shouldnt do it weed makes you think slower and messes with your lungs and stuff its just not good but it is better than taking most other drugs , and if you think weed dosnt make you slow you can talk to my friend turtle some time
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-17-2005 05:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I have took cannabis before but I am now clean. Drugs are messed up they do more harm than good man. I would advise you to stay off them. I know peer pressure can get in the way but rise above it.
AC3
01-17-2005 08:13 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Qaxpla
I dont think so..., Its bad for your health and can kill you.
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized :p

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything... :-/

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 09:34 AM by user27089.
01-17-2005 09:32 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything...

think ya wrong dude, iif its legalised, Most gruggies will smoke it or want to, , , but by legalising it, 0ne might think it'll get all the drug sellers off the street, it wont, , but in some ways Marijuana is better than tobacco,.  also if it were to be legalised, then the Police would have to have another way to test for Cannibis  in ya blood, cant drink an drive so ya shouldnt be able to smoke weed an drive,
01-17-2005 09:39 AM
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
cannabis is ok to be legalised, but i mean, if you smoke tobacco or cannabis, you obviously have no life. there are many other cheaper ways out there to get you high and stuff like that. alcohol is different in the sense of posh functions as it breaks the ice between people, but if you drink is excessively, it is no different from taking drugs.

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 12:06 PM by FrozernFire.
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
01-17-2005 12:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Qaxpla
I dont think so..., Its bad for your health and can kill you.
not necessarily, its generally safer than smoking tobacco... i think it should be legalized :p

Not because I would smoke it, but for the mere fact that it would prolly chill people out more... it doesn't make people agressive or anything... :-/

thats weird because my friend is much more likely to beat someone up if hes high , but when im high im relaxed as.

If it was legal there would be way more car related injuries because people would smoke and drive and just yea have more chance of crashing
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
01-17-2005 01:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Repetead word
legalised
Want to legalise them?cool...then u'll se a 100000x the number of guys u thought were in drugs..then  will start the roberies(that aint the word...)for $ for drug...oh but wait they can arrest them for stealing but they're stealing for something that is legal such as buying tvs...except drugs are vice(is that the word)...and then crime'll raise 50%...ohn but i'm forgetting the fact that it F***s u up...isnt tabacco bad enough?dont tell me tabacco is cool my grandpa died cause of it
01-17-2005 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (13): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: