What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » IP address

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
IP address
Author: Message:
huji76

O.P. IP address
Is there any way to determine the IP address of my contact when he is online?
May be there is a plugin that canl help with this issue?

This post was edited on 01-23-2005 at 09:30 AM by huji76.
01-23-2005 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Stephen
Banned

33 / – / –
RE: IP adress
I did not know the other person  you are talkingt to on MSN know your IP address. I will look around for a Plugin tho. :)

Thanks.
01-23-2005 09:25 AM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: IP adress
if they have messenger plus all they have to do is type (!IP)

if you mean to get it without them knowing then this is a breach of that contacts privacy so we cant help you there
01-23-2005 09:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: IP address
There was a program that did this a while ago, but it stopped working when MSN changed the protocol...

There is a kind of workaround;
Click Start, Click Run, and Type cmd then click OK, type netstat -n then hit return, make a list of the result. Open a conversation window with the contact you wish to obtain the IP address of and send a file to the contact (about 2mb is perfect on most home connections), then while the file is sending Click Start, Click Run, Type cmd click OK, type netstat -n then hit return. Make a list of the results and compare the two, one of the different addresses will be theirs, if all went well there should be only 1 that is different, but depending on what programs you have running, this is not always the case. You can then use WHOIS programs and websites to get more information on the IP addresses you believe to be the contact, to increase the chance you have the correct address. A website that will allow you to lookup the IP address is http://www.arin.net/whois/
I hope this helps :)
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-23-2005 10:14 AM
huji76

O.P. RE: IP address
O, 10x a lot! It's working. (Y)
The problem is that I can not think about so much excuses for sending files each time when I need to know somebody's IP. :-)
01-23-2005 10:38 AM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
huji76, i hope that you can understand..

ip addresses are a big deal.. from someones ip address it is possible to find there address names and personal information... also gain access to their computer...

if u want a saferway to find if they have been on your blog would be to ask them :)
01-23-2005 11:49 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
huji76

O.P. RE: IP address
Stigmata, thank you very much! This is EXACTLY kind of information I've looked for. :-)
Demandred: Can't agree with you. IP is not a big deal. Everybody can easily monitor his webpages for IP-visiting. It's ok, I was't going to hack anybody. As you can see I even don't have enough knowledge for this. ;-)
01-23-2005 11:55 AM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by huji76
Stigmata, thank you very much! This is EXACTLY kind of information I've looked for. :-)
Demandred: Can't agree with you. IP is not a big deal. Everybody can easily monitor his webpages for IP-visiting. It's ok, I was't going to hack anybody. As you can see I even don't have enough knowledge for this. ;-)

It is a big deal actually, with an IP address, you can get a lot of information, and afaik, dos attack people and stuff...

I sincerely believe that you won't hack anybody, but with the information on this thread, people could learn how to, and thats a potential privacy/security risk that shouldn't be taken...
01-23-2005 11:57 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
I was't going to hack anybody. As you can see I even don't have enough knowledge for this.

you wasnt?.. doesnt take much or much knowledge to be able to hack someone, 
01-23-2005 12:00 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I sincerely believe that you won't hack anybody, but with the information on this thread, people could learn how to, and thats a potential privacy/security risk that shouldn't be taken...

There are already a few threads that explain this, and anyone who can hack will be able to figure that out on their own...

quote:
The problem is that I can not think about so much excuses for sending files each time when I need to know somebody's IP.
lol, True. It also works with webcam and audio chats...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-23-2005 12:03 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: