What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D

Pages: (7): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. Grin  Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D
Newest Version is Beta V. 0.4.11, look in the end of this post!

- NEW VERSION!!! V. 0.2.75 -

- What's New? -

- Complete Installer, so no hazzle with registring or anything, just run and you are ready to go!

- Telnet/Remote Support added security, needs to be enabled, and Username/Password is now avaible

- Start audio/video with contact(Send request, not accept)

- Automatically detect if port is used, then add 1+ to the port number (Fixes the issue when using Polygamy MSN, but does still not support Polygamy MSN's)

- Fixed up a few bugs!

- Commands Avaiable -

Status Change
Set Nickname
Signout, Signin Automatic, Signin Manuel
Main Window, Show, Hide, Close
Shutdown MSN, Gracefull, Force Close Convo's, Task Kill, Reload Plugins
Start Conversation with a contact
Send text to a contact
Block/Unblock/Change Block on a contact... (couldn't get groups working:()
Start Audio/Video with contact
Open Webpage with default browser

- To-do List -

- Fix more bugs, if any?
- Close Tabbed Convo support
- Polygamy support

- Copy of the Readme File included -
- What is this? -

This is in general a plugin that enables you to create shortcuts(ordinary shortcuts that windows use, *.lnk files) to control you MSN Messenger, like status change, and nick change, etc.
You use the shortcut creater in this plugin, choose the specified action, and then choose folder and filename and then create the shortcut.
When this shortcut is run, it will send the command to the plugin and the plugin will then run/do the command.
This is done using so called "Command Arguements", which is the extra text set after the folder/filename in the Properties Dialog of the shortcut.
The way this plugin is programmed it enables you to run the command from any other program that is able to run an Executable File incl. Command Arguements, ex. Samurize, MSG Plus! Schedular, Logitech iTouch... You name it.. :D..
This plugin also enables you to Telnet to the plugin, this in general means you can control you MSN Messenger away from home.
The possibilites are endless!

- How to use? -

When you have installed the plugin, start MSN Messenger, then either
1 - go to the menu Plus -> Preference -> Plugins and select "Shortcut Plugin By CyBeRDuDe" and press the button Configure
Or
2 - Open a conversation window and enter "/xscshortcut" (without quotes) and press enter.

Now you are at the main window, here you choose the action you want the shortcut to do, then press the Add Command to list" button, then you can add another command (multiple commands) to the list, and so on(If needed).
When done, choose wether you want to save to a custom Directory(browse for folder, or enter one), or Desktop or in the Start Menu Folder. If you choose custom, then click the button browse, and select the folder, if you choose desktop or start menu, then in the text field you can specify a sub directory, the directy will automatically be created if it does not exist.
Now enter a filename of the shortcut.
If you want the shortcut to another Icon than the origrinal Icon, then please choose the Icon location(can be from a Exe file, Dll File or Ico File...)
Then type in a description if you want to.
Click the Create Shortcut, and Voila! There you go! :D...

- Using telnet/Remote Support? -

If you only want to try this localy on your computer you don't need to do any settings, and the Username and Password will not be needed, but if you want to control your Messenger away from home, you will have to go the Shortcut Plugin Options Dialog and Enable "Remote Support", and then enter a Username and Password (These are not needed, but advised!!!!)
If you want to use telnet to connect to the plugin, go to start - run and type in "telnet".
when the program has started type in "o 127.0.0.1 1600", where "127.0.0.1" is the IP on your computer, in this case you Local IP. The "1600" is the Port where it connects to, this can be changes in the options dialog in the plugin(1600 is default).
When connected press Ctrl + Enter, that means hold down Ctrl, and then press the Enter key, then you will activate Telnet/Remote Support. (In programming language this is the Chr(10) code, aka. Ascii character 10.)
Then you are ready to send command to the plugin. Ex: "status=awy" (without quotes) would set your Messenger status to Away, please check in Shortcut Dialog to get to know the commands avaiable

Note: To use this feature away from home, you properly need to configure your firewall or router, if you have any, to direct the connection, I will NOT give any help on this subject.
Please use a Username and Password to prevent other users to mess with your Messenger!

- Technical FAQ: -

This plugin uses the Microsoft Winsock Control, and the VB Runtime files, and Microsoft Common Dialog controls, these files are most likely on most computers running Win XP and some Windows below, so there should be no problems(Hopefully!)
This plugin is using the Messenger API, but is created in such a way that it doesn't need to have Windows Messenger installed, and doesn't run it in the background (YAY!!! :D)

Been tested with:
Win XP Pro
MSN Messenger Beta 7.0.425
Messenger Plus! Beta 3.40.110

It should be compatiable with most machines running Win XP, and maybe also under, but I do not give any guarantee!!!
Please Post in The Forum Thread if you experience any problems!

Known bugs:

This release is the second release of this plugin, only a few people have been testing it yet, so there is properly gonna be some bugs and errors, but please report this in the Forum Thread for the plugin (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=37846), and I will try to take a look at it. But please remember this is only a BETA, which means that you can't count on anything.

- "shutdown=forceclose" command which closes the open conversation windows before exiting MSN Messenger is not compatible with SPNG's Tabbed Conversation, and properly not with any other Tabbed Convo Software, this will be fixed in a later version.

- Because the plugin runs through MSG Plus! then it will automatically have so called "Visual Theme XP Support", which makes my VB forms look like the XP theme you are using. This can cause some problems if you are using a non standard Theme. The forms buttons can seem a litle wierd(you can't see the full text of the button) and other various Glithes may occure, this is not anything that harms the Plugin or the use of the plugin, this is only some visaul glithes. Don't take these so seriously, this may be fixed later, but don't expect it!

- Doesn't Support Polygamy MSN (Multiple Clients) yet!... But bugs occuring when opening a new client should be fixed, but not fully tested yet.

- I'm not sure about compatability with OS's, MSN Messenger Clients, Windows Messenger, Messenger Plus! Versions, but please report if you have any problems, and give me the info I need!

Update:

New update V. 0.2.79 avaiable

News:
- Reset Added commands on cancel
- Reset/Clear All Button added
- Full Command Arguement Text Field now fixed

Nothing really new, just a quick fix up

Update:

New Update V. 0.3.00 Out!

News:
- Added audio and video to the Shortcut Creater
- Popup Notify using MSGPlus! DislapyToast
- Added web command
- Making it possible for the plugin to read in a file, for the commands to execute
- Added 1 easteregg
- Added some more time in the installer, to make sure that MSN is all closed before copying the files to the Plugin Folder.. should prevent problems about not being updated correctly, but the time now may not be enough for it to work 100% of times
- A few bug fixes

Please tell me about the Popup Toasts, which functions should it not display, I personally think that Convo could be left out from this one, but until now I have added Popup to all functions...
I personllay don't like this to much, since it's very slow, it shows the popup a few seconds after the command has been executed, this is not my fault.. I can't do anything about this(At least, this happens on my computer, but maybe not on others)!...

Update:
New Update Version 0.4.00 is out! :D

News:
- Commands where you specify contact or groups now gets your contact/group list and enables you to choose from that list
- Close all open convo's
- Close specific convo(With active)
- Sendtext now supports active window
- Sendfile (2 different methods, method 1 is recommended, it's the most reliable, and supports send to active convo)
- Delay function in seconds, supports up to somewhat 32.000 seconds, almost 9 hours of delay.. if that isn't enough just put more delays.. supports multiple delay commands running, meaning don't worry about starting a shortcut with a delay in if a delayed command is already running

This is going to be one of the last release of this plugin, I will now start on second part of this plugin called "Shortcut Plugin EE" (EE = Extended Edition)... The new EE version will have the same looks, gui, and everything will be the same, except this new version will have lots of new cool functions/commands, but in order to archive these extra features the plugin requires Windows Messenger to be installed...
So from now on you will get 2 options to choose from, this standard version which is guaranteed to work without having WM installed, and the new EE version which needs to have WM installed thus having much more features...

This standard version will still be mainted and will be updated with bugfixes, and also needs to support Polygamy MSN, and Tabbed Convo, but this is not going to happen right now... So for now, check out the new 0.4.00 version, and keep an out for the EE version expected first release some time next week...

Update:
Quick fix version 0.4.01

- Options to NOT clear file, when reading from file
- Moved the contact listing a bit up again.. :D:P

Update:
Version 0.4.11
- Fixed a few bugs
- Added Sendfile to the creator, had forgotten to do that before :$

Please Post any Comments, Bugs, Ideas, Etc. here!! :D

Enjoy!!!

.exe File Attachment: Shortcut_Plugin_Beta_V._0.4.11_Installer.exe (123.11 KB)
This file has been downloaded 494 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-16-2005 at 11:28 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-02-2005 08:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D
pretty cool, ill stop working on my version now then.

talk to Jaguar on IRC or something, he had some good idea's as far as i can remember
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-03-2005 11:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! :D
Hey ash_... :D.. Have you tried it out yet?... I seem to have a few problems... I'm just home at my friends house, trying go get it working.. seems like we can't make it work, on 2 comps, a XP comp, and A win98 comp.. I didn't fully expect it to be compatible with win98 but it seems like the only component missing on this win98 is mswinsck.ocx... I just tried installing that component, but it still doesn't seem to work... I don't know why!! :(.. Can anybody give me a clue on why this plugin might not work on a XP?.. Thought it might be the dll files required, but I know the XP have mswinsck and the vbrun time files and mscomctl... These should be the only required files... Could any of you ppl that have downloadet it please post if it worked for you? or if it didn't work?.. please!!!.. I can't make this better if I don't get any response!
02-03-2005 11:37 AM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
hmm, if you are using a winsock control to connect the two programs that could be a problem with noobs, thinking theres a trojan running.

does your friend have the vb runtimes, you'll need them for (i havent downloaded your plugin btw) but if you have an actualy exe file that the lnk files call with paramaters, that exe with require the vb runtimes.

have you registered your plus dll because its coded in vb you need to register it. also if you are using the code

code:
Private  WithEvents oMessenger As Messenger.MessengerAPI
then you'll need the latest version of Windows Messenger aswell.

good luck _b
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-03-2005 11:43 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
you also have to register the dll like so (just goto start run and type that)
code:
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ShortcutPlugin.dll"

edit:
err i cant create shortcuts i load the options dialog up add all my stuff then when i hit create it says i must add alleast 1 command and i dont see a add command thingo?

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 11:59 AM by -dt-.
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
02-03-2005 11:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
hmm, if you are using a winsock control to connect the two programs that could be a problem with noobs, thinking theres a trojan running.

does your friend have the vb runtimes, you'll need them for (i havent downloaded your plugin btw) but if you have an actualy exe file that the lnk files call with paramaters, that exe with require the vb runtimes.

have you registered your plus dll because its coded in vb you need to register it. also if you are using the code

code:
Private  WithEvents oMessenger As Messenger.MessengerAPI
then you'll need the latest version of Windows Messenger aswell.

good luck _b

He have the VB runtime files.. He has VB installed... :D:P... I am trying to teach him some programming... so... That's not the problem on the WinXP comp.. It might be on the Win98 machine, but on that machine the executable runs... :S... So I think that the vb runtime files should be alright if the executable part runs...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
you also have to register the dll like so (just goto start run and type that)
code:
regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\ShortcutPlugin.dll"

Ahh.. might be the problem, but I am just possitivly sure that I did not do that on my computer, it works here without regsvr32'ing the dll file... :S... but i'll try ask him to do that see if it works... :D...

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-

edit:
err i cant create shortcuts i load the options dialog up add all my stuff then when i hit create it says i must add alleast 1 command and i dont see a add command thingo?

OMFG!!! Way to go!!! :D.. hehe.. just released somehow/somewhy(don't know why) I have accidently deleted that button.. it was created and all the code is there.. Shit!!.. Hold on.. i'll just reupload a new version... thx dude!! :D..

Edit:
There you go.. It should be fine now... :D..
Did you "regsvr32" the dll file?.. or did it work for you without doing that?

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 12:11 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-03-2005 12:06 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
i had to regsvr32 the file before mine would work downloading the updated file now...
02-03-2005 12:14 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Thanks dude.. it works now!! :D.. I knew this might have to be done.. But I have never done that on my machine.. So I thought it didn't need to.. I don't know why I don't need to register them.. :S.. I will just add this to the package in the next update, until then ppl will just have to register it manually...

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 12:33 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-03-2005 12:32 PM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
ok well I've tested some of it and it dosn't seem to work like i can make the shortcut
like this one
code:
"C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins\Shortcut.exe" /com=nick=(F) dt

when I open it it does nothing dosn't even change my name
if you want me to help you test this more pm me your msn or something so you can solve this .
02-03-2005 12:46 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
hmm.. yeah.. what is gone wrong there.. :S.. It worked last night... But yeah, it doesn't work here neither... only when using telnet support... so.. I'll just check on this.. hold on...

Edit:
Fixed, thx for the report.. :D..

This post was edited on 02-03-2005 at 01:21 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-03-2005 01:15 PM
Pages: (7): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: