What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.4.11 with Installer! :D
Author: Message:
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D
Good idea CD :) and if anyone has any idea's or suggestions, or ideas for new commands, then please post them here and I'll put them all in a list for CD. :)

This plugin is great for 'connecting' other programs to MSN Messenger. By 'connecting' i mean: for example, I've made a config for Samurize that controls my Messenger's status and some other things, with some buttons.

Also it virtually (not physically) adds more fuctions to the Plus! Task scheduler. With the task scheduler you can make it run shortcuts at certain times. So you could easily make a Sign In shortcut and then make the scheduler run the shortcut at a certain time, thus signing you in :) and to avoid any confusion you could put a second command line in the shortcut that puts you on away while you're signing in.

These are just a couple of examples of what you can do with this plugin, I think it's a powerful plugin that allows you to do more than just make shortcuts, since you can use other programs to use it's features.
[Image: johnsig02.png]
02-09-2005 09:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

sounds cool to me...

* user27089 downloads.
02-09-2005 09:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
good execution of the plugin Cyber!

another feature that i reckon would be great, would be when you run a link file. a poup where msn has its popup, comes up and tell's you what your doing. probably not everyone would wnat this so maybe you could make it enabled by a checkbox or something?

also, please make a function that launches the default web browser to a page in the argument.

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

so it will load up gmail.

then you could get plus to check if theres a new email in the pop3 of gmail. and execute your link file if there is?

big ups _b

[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-09-2005 09:42 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
Good boy Traxor. :P

Here are two idea's/suggestions I've thought of CD:

A Messenger Lock command and the option to send a message to all open convo windows. :)
02-09-2005 09:43 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
good execution of the plugin Cyber!

another feature that i reckon would be great, would be when you run a link file. a poup where msn has its popup, comes up and tell's you what your doing. probably not everyone would wnat this so maybe you could make it enabled by a checkbox or something?

Have put this on my to-do list.. :D..

quote:
also, please make a function that launches the default web browser to a page in the argument.

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

then you could get plus to check if theres a new email in the pop3 of gmail. and execute your link file if there is?

Hmm... I don't know about this.. You can just set plus schedular or execute like this "www.gmail.com" or "iexplore.exe www.gmail.com" etc, or when it checks for email then it just executes the internet browser with the gmail.com as a commandline... there is plenty of these options everywhere.. So, I don't really see any real needs for this in this plugin...? am I correct?

quote:
big ups _b

Thx!! :D

quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar

A Messenger Lock command and the option to send a message to all open convo windows. :)

Messenger Lock Command?.. like the Messenger Lock in Messenger Plus!?.. couldn't you do this by using sendtext with some plus! command to some contact?...

Send a message to all open convo windows? Can also be done using MSG Plus! commands... just send "/all hehe" to a contact like this "sendtext=2=some@email.com=/all hehe"

Ok?

This post was edited on 02-09-2005 at 10:14 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-09-2005 10:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

quote:

eg
/com=web=www.gmail.com

Hmm... I don't know about this.. You can just set plus schedular or execute like this "www.gmail.com" or "iexplore.exe www.gmail.com" etc, or when it checks for email then it just executes the internet browser with the gmail.com as a commandline... there is plenty of these options everywhere.. So, I don't really see any real needs for this in this plugin...? am I correct?

i spose, but what if you wanted to execute more commands when a new email is found.

plus its not that hard, if you want to add it ill tell you how on msn. if not thats still ok, good plugin _b
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
02-09-2005 10:16 AM
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta Released! New Version 0.2.79 with Installer! :D
quote:
Originally posted by CD

quote:

Messenger Lock Command?.. like the Messenger Lock in Messenger Plus!?.. couldn't you do this by using sendtext with some plus! command to some contact?...

Send a message to all open convo windows? Can also be done using MSG Plus! commands... just send "/all hehe" to a contact like this "sendtext=2=some@email.com=/all hehe"

Ok?

Yes, I could do it like that and I've been doing like that with a few things, but I think it defeats the purpose of the plugin and also makes things messy. Also, most people won't understand how to do this. If you want your plugin to become popular you'll have to make it n00b friendly. :P

This post was edited on 02-09-2005 at 11:41 AM by John.
02-09-2005 11:40 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Yes, I could do it like that and I've been doing like that with a few things, but I think it defeats the purpose of the plugin and also makes things messy. Also, most people won't understand how to do this. If you want your plugin to become popular you'll have to make it n00b friendly. :P

About the /all I'll be making that sometime.. have put it on my to-do list... but I can't promise anything yet... I also wanted this feature some time ago.. But didn't really want to code that since I don't think it has much use since it's already in MSG Plus!.. but maybe i'll do it anyway this way I can also use it together with the Remote Support, so you can chat to people and use a number for each open convo instead of typing the email of the contact you want to send text to... so.. I'll properly be doing this...

The Lock Command, I'll have to talk with Patchou about something for this.. I have to know if there is a API call or something that you can send to MSG Plus! to activate this, or if there is another way.. or else I have to know the algorithm he uses to encode the Shortcut combinations, and i'll just have to decode these and make the plugin send these Shortcut keys, this is properly how it is going to be done, but this then requieres that the Command Lock feature will have to have a Shortcut Key set in MSG Plus! Options.. else I can't do this... If I get this working, then things like Boss Protection 1, 2, 3 and other various stuff will be possible, including the Custom Statuses, but they will also requiere a Shortcut Key for it to work, unless I find another way...

quote:
i spose, but what if you wanted to execute more commands when a new email is found.

plus its not that hard, if you want to add it ill tell you how on msn. if not thats still ok, good plugin _b

Okay, might add this feature.. But I would rather not, since this goes beyond the Idea of the plugin, to control MSN Messenger and MSG Plus! with Icons/shortcuts, not everything else, if I add this feature, I would also have to add 100's of other features that all "would be usefull" but this would then destroy the main objective in this plugin... I'll think about it, and might add it, since it's very easy but... We'll see... :D

Edit:
BTW, how is the best option to contact Patchou? Shall I just PM him?, will I get an answer? Or does anybody else know about the Shortcut Values he uses in the registry? How to decode this value to know what the shortcut is?... Or somebody knows about some API Calls you can send to MSG Plus! to activate some of it features?.. or shall I try wait for the next release of MSG Plus! and API to see if we get more options?

This post was edited on 02-09-2005 at 01:52 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-09-2005 01:36 PM
spastje

37 / Male / –
looks cool
keep on working
02-09-2005 01:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by spastje
looks cool
keep on working

:D.. thx...
Sorry to double post, but didn't want to merge this post together with the post I posted above...

CRAP!!!... About the Plus! Schedular.. forget about it!... Didn't know the Toast just pops up and you have to press that Toast before it activates... so... You will have to use some other kind of Schedular program to Schedule stuff, like the Windows Schedular or something similar... I might notice MIGHT sometime in the feature add a schedule feature to this plugin... But don't expect it.. Will just edit my top post about the Plus! Schedular thing, and also the readme file, which will be updated in next release... :D..

Edit:
Okay, partly forget about this post.. :D.. It was more to Jaguar.. You can't make the Schedular do the commands on specific times, but you can still use the Schedular to remind you on something and then you press and it will run the command, ex. make an Schedule that 4 AM today I have to send a message to some@email.com, so you can use this as the program command in the Scheduler "shortcut.exe sendtext=2=some@email.com Hi friend", then the reminder will tell that it's time to do the command, you then press on the popup and it will automatically do it... Still usefull but not what I expected... but if you want the commands to automaticlly be executed at a certain time you will have to use another Scheduler program...

Edit 2: Annoying Admins merging my double post!!! :@.. :P..

This post was edited on 02-09-2005 at 02:17 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
02-09-2005 01:50 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: