What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Poll: What should I do/continue on now? Read more about this and the new version in the bottom of the top post!
Polygamy support, with user-based controlling
Tabbed conversation Support
EE (Extended Edition)
Better GUI/Graphics
Better/more Remote control
Tag support
Other Projects in line
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
Author: Message:
TGG

32 / Male / –
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
I get an error when trying to install it :S :
quote:
Error Number : 70
Descriotion : Permission Denied

03-05-2005 12:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John

www.johnjoosten.net

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
TGG, make sure you close MSNM properly and on time, before you start installing the plugin. :)
[Image: johnsig02.png]
03-05-2005 03:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TGG

32 / Male / –
I have tryed it again making sure Msn Messenger is not running, but it still comes up with that error
03-05-2005 03:43 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
I have tryed it again making sure Msn Messenger is not running, but it still comes up with that error

Hmmm...

Have you had one of the older releases installed? Is so, then these might be a solution:

1. Try to wait a few seconds from exiting MSN Messenger before installing, PluS! just needs a few seconds to unload all the used dll files...
2. I haven't tested this and i'm not sure, but what I would think is wrong is that Windows Messenger is running in the background, that means that the plugin dll file is still occupied...
Try looking in your Task Manager under Process, close all instances of "msmsgs.exe"... then try again, if this still doesn't work try to close all instances of "msmsgs.exe", "msnmsgr.exe" and "msgplus.exe"... then try again, if it still doesn't work please report again... :D..

If you haven't already had the plugin installed, then please post so, then I habve no idea what it would be, other than you might not have full administrator rights?...
03-05-2005 04:58 PM
tkgare

I get this error when trying to install

quote:
Error: 53
Description: File not found

I had:
WinXP SP2 Spanish (Latin America)
MSN Messsenger 7.0.0425
MSGPlus! 3.4xx beta

Kill the process "msnmsgr.exe" and "msgplus.exe", but neither works

This post was edited on 03-05-2005 at 06:32 PM by tkgare.
03-05-2005 06:15 PM
TGG

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by tkgare

I had:
MSN Messsenger 7.0.0425
MSGPlus! 3.4xx beta

Make sure you have the installer in the plugins folder

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by TGG

Hmmm...

Have you had one of the older releases installed? Is so, then these might be a solution:

1. Try to wait a few seconds from exiting MSN Messenger before installing, PluS! just needs a few seconds to unload all the used dll files...
2. I haven't tested this and i'm not sure, but what I would think is wrong is that Windows Messenger is running in the background, that means that the plugin dll file is still occupied...
Try looking in your Task Manager under Process, close all instances of "msmsgs.exe"... then try again, if this still doesn't work try to close all instances of "msmsgs.exe", "msnmsgr.exe" and "msgplus.exe"... then try again, if it still doesn't work please report again... :D..

If you haven't already had the plugin installed, then please post so, then I habve no idea what it would be, other than you might not have full administrator rights?...

I terminated those processes, but it still would not work. I think it is because of a plugin made by NoName, that is also called Shortcuts Plug, and the .dll of that may be causing the error

This post was edited on 03-05-2005 at 06:50 PM by TGG.
03-05-2005 06:43 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
quote:
Originally posted by tkgare

I had:
MSN Messsenger 7.0.0425
MSGPlus! 3.4xx beta

Make sure you have the installer in the plugins folder

No this is not true, the installer does not need to be in the plugins folder..
The only thing I can think of that would make you get this error is that it cannot find the files that it needs to copy to the plugins folder... How did you install it?.. whn you ran the installer, did you uncheck the field saying "Run Shortcut Plugin By CyBeRDuDe"?... or something familiar, when you have runned the installer, what it does is that it copies the files nned for this plugin into your Temp folder, you can go to this folder by using %temp% as address in your address bar... there should a folder named "Shortcut Plugin".. there should be 4 files in that folder:
"Shortcut.exe"
"ShortcutPlugin.dll"
"Shortcut Plugin Readme.txt"
"Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe"

If they are there, there shouldn't be any errors, try running the installer again.. if those 4 files are there you can just try running the "Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe" file that is there, if they are not there, try running the installer from here again... If you still get the same error please report again... :D.. You can also try the method I tell to TGG right here... Would give me a litle more detail about what the problem is...

quote:
Originally posted by TGG

I terminated those processes, but it still would not work. I think it is because of a plugin made by NoName, that is also called Shortcuts Plug, and the .dll of that may be causing the error

What is that .dll file's name? also "Shortcutplugin.dll"?... if not, then I guess there should be no problems concersing this...

Here is a new installer, it's only the "internal" installer, I just made a litle update to the error message telling me more specific where the error is...
If you use the normal installer from here, then in the last window uncheck the "Run Shortcut Plugin......"... then go to the folder "%temp%/Shortcut Plugin" and overwrite the "Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe" with the one here, then try running it again, and tell me what is says...

.exe File Attachment: Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe (44 KB)
This file has been downloaded 350 time(s).
03-05-2005 10:37 PM
TGG

32 / Male / –
quote:
What is that .dll file's name? also "Shortcutplugin.dll"?
Yes, there is already a .dll file called that in the plugins folder
quote:
Here is a new installer, it's only the "internal" installer, I just made a litle update to the error message telling me more specific where the error is...
If you use the normal installer from here, then in the last window uncheck the "Run Shortcut Plugin......"... then go to the folder "%temp%/Shortcut Plugin" and overwrite the "Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe" with the one here, then try running it again, and tell me what is says...
I couldnt find it in the Temp file, it installed them to the plugins folder. I replaced the one there and it gave me this error
quote:
Error Number: 70
Description: Permission Denied
In Step: 3

03-06-2005 08:59 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Shortcut Plugin Beta New Version 0.5.01, Lots of new stuff! (28th of February)
quote:
Originally posted by TGG
I couldnt find it in the Temp file, it installed them to the plugins folder. I replaced the one there and it gave me this error
quote:
Error Number: 70
Description: Permission Denied
In Step: 3

The files should be in the temp folder if you run the first installer, the extracting thing, but makes sure that the second installer, the one that errors is not run, then the files should be in the temp folder as I pointed out...

Step 3:.. hmm.. then it seems like you have Shortcut.exe running in the process, make sure you kill that file before installing, hmm.. but this process kills it self after 5 seconds, if it cannot communicate with the plugin... thefor if you make sure that you don't run anything for 5 seconds or so, and then run the installer, everything should be fine...
ARGH!!!... what you are saying is that the installer I posted before... you have put that one into the Plus!\plugins folder, right?.. You shall NOT do that.. then you get the error, because what it does in step 3 is that it copies the Shortcut.exe file from the path of the isntaller into Plus!/Plugins folder, and if you run the installer from that path then it cannort move the file which is already there... so then you get the error... you need to do thes exact step:

1: Install The file in the top post, V. 0.5.01, when it comes to the last screen, you deselect "Run Shortcut Plugin V. 0.5.00 By CyBeRDude".. so it does not run anything...

2: Go to folder %temp% and find the folder named Shortcut Plugin, it should be there.. there should be 4 files, just overwrite the Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe with the one that I posted before...

3: Kill all processes of "msmsgs.exe", "msnmsgr.exe", "msgplus.exe" and "shortcut.exe"

4: Run the Shortcut_Plugin_Installer.exe in the temp folder...

5: That should do it, if not then please post what it says again...

Sory for this, but as stated before, this is only a beta, and bugs and errors are bound to happen... :P...
03-06-2005 10:51 AM
TGG

32 / Male / –
I ran the intaller again, but for some reason it copied the files to the plugins folder. So i moved them int o the temporary folder and replaced the installer, and it worked :D
03-06-2005 11:09 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: