What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do heaven and hell exist?

Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
Do heaven and hell exist? Vote what YOU think
This poll is closed.
yeah, for sure. 20 35.71%
nah, for sure not. 14 25%
maybe? 15 26.79%
i don't care! 7 12.5%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do heaven and hell exist?
Author: Message:
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
i think that there is a life after death.

i like to look at all religions and kind of summarize what they say, its all the same in the end. no matter what, they all point in the same direction - life after death. so whether it be a human invention to overcome fear of death. or a way/source of control... i think it is still odd that so many people in so many different places all seek to believe in something existing after death.

there is no solid proof, i mean there can never be. (unless you die and you actually see it for yourself)

umm... i dunno, i like to believe that the world had to start somewhere. perhaps it always existed, or maybe something triggered it to start existing... and maybe that something was god :P... and when we die we go back to the source of all existance. it may not be heaven/hell but just maybe something is there.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-04-2005 09:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
its all about science now-a-days isn't it :rolleyes:.
03-04-2005 09:40 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
its all about science now-a-days isn't it .

i know, whats with "science" i mean what REAL proof is there in science? they keep on changing stuff and cant really explain the source of "matter's" existence. or why its even there.

the only thing that is constant is math :P

EDIT:
Joanna hates math

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 09:49 PM by Joa.

spam.

03-04-2005 09:47 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

tbfh, most of science is pure theory.
03-04-2005 09:48 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
i believe that there is an after life, but it can be explained through science.

When you die, you decompose and your nutrients get absorbed into the soil, which in turns feeds the trees, grass and plants, that then get eaten by animals, who die, have their nutrients absorbed into the soil...
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
03-04-2005 09:49 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
believe that there is an after life, but it can be explained through science.

When you die, you decompose and your nutrients get absorbed into the soil, which in turns feeds the trees, grass and plants, that then get eaten by animals, who die, have their nutrients absorbed into the soil...

that is SO awesome.. and true in every way

it makes me sort of wonder if life is recycled sort of. maybe we existed always... we just get sort of absorbed and transform into different living forms. and now we are combinations of millions of different forms :o

spam.

03-04-2005 09:52 PM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
its all about science now-a-days isn't it :rolleyes:.

yes it is

and i dont get all these gothic satanic worshipers:S doont theyt know that bye them praising the devil will only make their after life a bagillion times worse. Like the devil isnt their to make ppl worship him, hes their to punish sinners and ppl of wrong doings.

but i dunno if i beleive in all that stuff. science is very powerful, i think us as human beings, us as animals on this world because that is what we are. animals. couldnt deal with the idea of dying because with imagination came horror and fear. Fear that someday we might die, so what do we as imaginative thinking creatures do.... we created an after life because we cannot deal with the plaine and simple fact that we will die. thats it were here we live we die, it happens to alll creatures, and will happen for us.

Now on the other hand think of the human brain, it knows what it is doing 99% of the time it knows whats right, it functions our organs inside our bodies and controls everything we do. If the brain is right 99% of the time, what and who is the first thing or person you call upon when faced with a problem.Ur brain knows to think and say "o my GOD" "please help me GOD" the brain is suppose to know and thats what it it knows, God. Now is that because the brain knows more then we do or is it because we were raised in catholic society.

Now think of it this way if u dont beleive in god and never worship then when u die, u die meh w/e but what if their was heaven and u missed out.

Now if u beleive in god and heaven and praise him what will that do, if u die and theirs nothing w/e ur dead done capoot, but if their is heaven what did u have to lose from beleiving in god, u are now in a wonderful afterlife because u beleived in something others didnt and was rewarded

ive had numerous discussions about this stuff whith many ppl and there is so much different ways to go at it.

in conclusion, Believe in God, what harms it gonna do. U may die and be done or u may live eternally.

wow i just wrote a fricken report i think im gonna use that someday in my ethics class:|
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
03-04-2005 09:56 PM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
and i dont get all these gothic satanic worshipers doont theyt know that bye them praising the devil will only make their after life a bagillion times worse. Like the devil isnt their to make ppl worship him, hes their to punish sinners and ppl of wrong doings.

i know you didn't mean this in any such way, but just so that nobody interprets this differently. i dont want there to be some fight over this ;)

so - keep in mind that there are MANY variations of satanism. and many different beliefs about them. as well as many different beliefs about who and why god punishes, or even if he exists.

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
wow i just wrote a fricken report i think im gonna use that someday in my ethics class
LOL, :) yay my question may have come in use

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 10:10 PM by Joa.

spam.

03-04-2005 10:06 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
i like saralk's ideas, its out of the box, lol makes u think *-)

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-04-2005 10:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
yay lets all go out and feed the earth 6000$ cascets!!!!!

when i die i hope i just fall off a tall building to my death, it would be the ride of the life time followed by nothing
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
03-04-2005 10:10 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 6 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: