What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Do heaven and hell exist?

Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
Do heaven and hell exist? Vote what YOU think
This poll is closed.
yeah, for sure. 20 35.71%
nah, for sure not. 14 25%
maybe? 15 26.79%
i don't care! 7 12.5%
Total: 56 votes 100%
  [Show Results | Edit Poll]

Do heaven and hell exist?
Author: Message:
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
i like saralk's ideas, its out of the box, lol makes u think

i know :D, and i like all of your responses they ALL make you think.

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
Ur brain knows to think and say "o my GOD" "please help me GOD" the brain is suppose to know and thats what it it knows, God. Now is that because the brain knows more then we do or is it because we were raised in catholic society.

its a good question... similarly do we chose to believe certain things, because they actually exist? or .. because we are subconciously pulled into believing them by the society. like respect, toleration, lack of it etc. for instance y do we think its wrong to kill? right? (and i'm not being freaky with this, its just a question, stop looking at my siggy)
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-04-2005 10:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by Z_Joanna_ZZZ
stop looking at my siggy)
:lol: 8-)

ya its ok for animals to kill. were animals, creatures of this world i dont see the wrong in killing:undecided actually it is very wrong because we live in society, and humans are smart enough to know that killing is not the answer.

on the other hand,, im taking dibs on ASH_, ur dead cockboy!:P jk man:refuck:
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
03-04-2005 10:20 PM
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
I don't think that "Heaven" and "Hell" exist i just think they are an easy way to look at things. It in a way diverts the fear of death and at the same time is used to encourage people to live their life in a better way.

When you die their is no after life. The only glimps of what you could call an afterlife is the one at when you brain is still functioning which can go on for a about an hour. Once the brain deteriorates there is nothing to keep you thinking. The soul does not live on as it is in the brain. Your soul is simply the unique way your brain functions and processes. When you die you basicly decay (or not if you're cremated or cryogenicly frozen:Plol).

Because of this you experiance nothing after death. Think of it as that time when you fall asleep and wake up in the morning. Its like you go to sleep and then pretty much immediatly you wake up and yet 12 hours have passed. It's that nothingness that repeats in you mind after.

I guess it is nice to think that way and give people something to live for. I don't but, this is one of those things i feel strongly about and so believe it. I like to look at things logically. When this belief is put into categories and religions though, i think it all goes rong there, but that's a different story.

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 10:32 PM by ProblemWv Authority.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
03-04-2005 10:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,

Do Heaven and Hell exist? Most certainly, I believe so.

Why? Well, without going into scripture (because not everyone believes in certain books [perhaps this is another discussion]) I'll just tell you how I see it.

As toddlers we are taught that if we do something bad, we receive a punishment of some kind (whether that be no chocolate or a smack on the bum, lol) and if we do something good then we receive a reward. This is true throughout our childhood, being a teenager and an adult - throughout our whole lives. This is also true through common law, if you break the law you receive a punishment, and if you do something outstanding then you are acknowledged and receive a reward.

So, are people wronged in this life without receiving justice? Yes. Do people do good and aren't rewarded? Yes. So it's only logical that after one dies, there is a recompense for all those actions, a punishment and a reward. How can one deny this, and why is it so hard to believe when we don't deny it in this life?

If you don't believe in life after death, then you believe that your life is without meaning. If you don't believe in life after death, then I ask you what are you doing here? Go out, have fun, do whatever you want, absolutely anything that makes you feel good.. good or bad? Who cares! Just do it! Why? You believe you won't be judged and punished/rewarded in the next life, you believe there is nothing, so stop wasting your meaningless life and at least have some fun while you're here (not that you'll remember it after, because you'll cease to exist, remember?). In fact, kill yourself right now and rid yourself of this misery. Absolutely Meaningless.

If you believe the above, and believe in God, then you also believe that God has put us here for fun and play, without wisdom, implying God is imperfect.

I believe we have been created to worship God how GOD intended us to worship Him, how do we know how? Perhaps this is yet another discussion. In short, I believe that if you submit to God how He intended you to then you will be judged on your deeds and be punished or forgiven for your sins, be recompensed for any injustice towards you, and inevitably enter Paradise for eternity. On the flip side, I believe if you don't submit to God the way He intended, you will receive justice from the others that wronged you on the day of judgment, and then you will go to Hellfire, for eternity.

And as ~INVASION~ mentioned, if you're wrong, you'll suffer for it. If I'm wrong, I lost nothing (and infact led a very happy and fruitful life). But if I'm right (and I believe with 100% certainty with a foundation that can not be shaken [because of the proof that my religion gives], that I am right), the reward is Paradise.
03-04-2005 10:28 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
i know, whats with "science" i mean what REAL proof is there in science? they keep on changing stuff and cant really explain the source of "matter's" existence. or why its even there.
Most scientific statements are proven ! Radio waves exist, Atoms, molecules and all these things exist and are proven to exist. At first, the atomic science, for example, was pure theory, then people could prove that the whole thing is true.
True, there are some things that we don't understand yet, or that are simply beyond belief, for example some scientists think they could prove that auras truely exist.

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
i believe that there is an after life, but it can be explained through science.
When you die, you decompose and your nutrients get absorbed into the soil, which in turns feeds the trees, grass and plants, that then get eaten by animals, who die, have their nutrients absorbed into the soil...
As we know now, every organism, every atom, nearly everything in nature (wind, water etc) has some sort of energy, and energy can only be converted into energy, eg. wind energy --> electric energy, energy can't be lost or created.
Of couse, humans have energy too, partially electric energy.
But can we call this cycle "afterlife" ? This constant energy exchange only happens in the level of atoms and molecules, so it's no real "life".

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
Ur brain knows to think and say "o my GOD" "please help me GOD" the brain is suppose to know and thats what it it knows, God. Now is that because the brain knows more then we do or is it because we were raised in catholic society.
its a good question... similarly do we chose to believe certain things, because they actually exist? or .. because we are subconciously pulled into believing them by the society. like respect, toleration, lack of it etc. for instance y do we think its wrong to kill? right? (and i'm not being freaky with this, its just a question, stop looking at my siggy)
I would say that some humans believe in something like a god, a creature that rules and watches over us all IS determined by our environment, our parents, our education. It's just the way we humans evolved, we always need someone who 'leads' us, thus we invented god.
quote:
y do we think its wrong to kill?
That is a different thing, it's a deep-rooted instinct, just like the instinct to keep yourself alive, whatever happens.

Btw, lol at Ahmad's fanatic statement
"I believe we have been created to worship God"
No offence, I haven't been created to believe in god. Well, it's your belief and I have no right to say that you are wrong.

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 10:50 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
03-04-2005 10:32 PM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
I believe Heaven and Hell do exist. It says right in the Bible they do. And the Bible is the word of God. God would never lie, since he is pure good and is a man of loving affection towards every one of us. God loves us all, good or bad.
[Image: top.gif]
03-04-2005 10:38 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I believe Heaven and Hell do exist. It says right in the Bible they do. And the Bible is the word of God.

I think that the bible is basicly a big fairy tale. More like a book of myths like the greek ones. It was symply put together and grown over years and years of passing through generations. A book of philosophies read, followed and added to through experiance. It's a big metaphore of the way you should live life in a story of the journeys and adventures of the named "Jesus". Nothing particularly rong with it, just how people over exadurate its importance, it's quite stupid but you know, if people chose to do so then it's their choise and I guess it does set a good example on the hole.

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 10:48 PM by ProblemWv Authority.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
03-04-2005 10:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Joa
The dodgiest member

117 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
in regard to god and life after death i could start this off like this -

we can very easily see that humans do have a sense of wrong/right. they seek a sense of order and harmony. we all seem to obey similar unspoken rules. those rules are set or just exist to create a certain type of balance. those rules can be argued to be passed on by society. BUT, take a look at everything. EVERYTHING is in perfect balance. the fact that there is life and death, that we are so perfectly made that (even though we are made of so many different parts, they all seem to work so well together), look at the planets which orbit around the sun. the galaxies and the whole universe. we live indeed in a very balanced type of world. having said all that, i like to think that god is the source of this balance. to me nothing would make sense if it was not true.

it all had to start somewhere. no scientific theory can prove that the universe existed forever - in fact we loosely are starting to get certain information of how the our earth/galaxy and ultimately the world came to existance. if it did not last forever, than what started it? even that initial "big bang" what triggered it?

as for science being all "theory" -it is. scientific "facts" get changed day in day out. sure we keep the same name for things "atoms" for instance but we find out more about their content, definitions of things change. (the atom was said to be a the smallest component, ultimately unbreakable - yet guess what, it is made of electrons, protons and neutrons, which are themselves made up of quarks, and now we are "theorizing" that the smallest matter are these strings of energy) what next? :P

shall i go on? what about light? not long ago they thought it was made up of particles, than waves, but now the interpretation is that it is made up of BOTH of these things. whats next i ask again?

THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE theory for the existance of things. why does everything have "theory" stuck to its label .. "gavitational theory" "theory of evolution" etc.

if you look into it, ALL scientists (if that is what they really are) SAY that ALL science is THEORY. that is a fact :)

going on to say, that there is no explanation for the existance of light, water, solids. we know its there and how it forms from other substances/sources but in the end we only can go so far. we dont know why they exist and how it all started. they all seem to have a specific cause...

so to summarize, why do we exist? do we also have a cause? is there something we are living for in the end? or does our purpose end at death? so many questions.. i wanna hear more of your thoughts and answers :D
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-04-2005 11:04 PM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Do heaven and hell exist?
quote:
I believe Heaven and Hell do exist. It says right in the Bible they do. And the Bible is the word of God. God would never lie, since he is pure good and is a man of loving affection towards every one of us. God loves us all, good or bad.

:|

Hum.. ok..

Anyway.. i dont believe in hell and heaven simply because its associated with religion, im not 100% sure but im 99.6% sure that it is.

And in my opinion religion exists to control people nothing more an intelligent way tbh.
This is my very very resumed opinion about this..
Once i was writing everything i htought aboutr eligion in a thread and my computer turned off with no warning..and well IT WAS GOD!!! lol j/k :P
If you want me to post my whole opinion..ok ill make the effort
03-04-2005 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
I think that the bible is basicly a big fairy tale. More like a book of myths like the greek ones. It was symply put together and grown over years and years of passing through generations. A book of philosophies read, followed and added to through experiance. It's a big metaphore of the way you should live life in a story of the journeys and adventures of the named "Jesus". Nothing particularly rong with it, just how people over exadurate its importance, it's quite stupid but you know, if people chose to do so then it's their choise and I guess it does set a good example on the hole.
I agree on this one.
The bible is a completely overvalued and over-interpreted story.
Let's begin with Adam and Eve.
There some schools in america are still teaching that mankind evolved from these two people, completely ignoring the fact that science has proven that we evolved from monkeys and that the picture of adam and eve is simply a metaphor.

The bible is definately not meant to be taken in the strict sense of the word !!!

quote:
Have you ever seen god, heaven or hell ?
The idea of heaven and hell is completely invented by humans, simply because nobody has ever seen heaven or hell and then came back to tell us it exists.
So how should we know ět exists ?

Science evolves because we discover new things every day. The bible is outdated, it was written centuries ago, and it wasn't written by god, it was written by humans who changed the bible a bit everytime they did a new translation whatsoever.

Discussions about god and the world can go on forever because there are so many people who all have a slightly different point of view on this theme.

Btw, I agree with paperless but I won't explain this whole control-thing he mentioned, I know what he means but I'll let him explain :p i'm too lazy to do this

This post was edited on 03-04-2005 at 11:25 PM by andrey.
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
03-04-2005 11:20 PM
Pages: (9): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: