What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » What's wrong with my Emotion Pic?

What's wrong with my Emotion Pic?
Author: Message:
anicole

O.P. Huh?  What's wrong with my Emotion Pic?
sometimes, my msn-plus told me that the pic i want to add in was not correct file...then i cannot add any new emotions pics!
But sometimes it does work. It seems that i should add the pic when "my msn is happy!":$
Coule anyone tell me what's wrong with it?:S
03-09-2005 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
RE: What's wrong with my Emotion Pic?
i dont know how to help you wiht your problem vbut on this topic...some people can see my custom emotions but others say they cant or its white background?:S...help anyone?
03-09-2005 12:17 AM
Joa
The dodgiest member

116 / Female / Flag

quote:
Originally posted by anicole
sometimes, my msn-plus told me that the pic i want to add in was not correct file...then i cannot add any new emotions pics!
But sometimes it does work. It seems that i should add the pic when "my msn is happy!"
Coule anyone tell me what's wrong with it?

what version of msn do you have? do you have any patches/plugins?

quote:
Originally posted by ~!dylan!~
i dont know how to help you wiht your problem vbut on this topic...some people can see my custom emotions but others say they cant or its white background?...help anyone?

go here:

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39...d=397517#pid397517

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 12:24 AM by Joa.
:bow: gif :bow: <3   

spam.

03-09-2005 12:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by anicole
But sometimes it does work. It seems that i should add the pic when "my msn is happy!":$
Coule anyone tell me what's wrong with it?:S
Messenger Plus! is not related to this, afaik.

MSN Messenger has a limit on custom emoticons. When it's "full" it'll give you an error about the file not being valid. This could be the case if you have more than 200 custom emoticons.

Do you have more than 200 custom emoticons? When you said sometimes it gives you that error and sometimes not, did you delete some custom emoticons at that time?

This post was edited on 03-09-2005 at 12:34 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-09-2005 12:33 AM
anicole

O.P. RE: What's wrong with my Emotion Pic?
my msn is 7.0.0425

actually this problem started from 6.2 version!
oneday, i wanted to manage my emotions...something's wrong..and my all emotions dispeared.
when i reinstalled msn and Messenger Plus, my emotions came back, but this problem follows me....

one thing i am sure is that i cannot fix it by "reinstall"
I described my situation in detail!

At that time, my msn was 6.2 with the compatible Messenger Plus (i don't remember its version). One day i wanted to delete one emotion i didn't like it. When i removed it, my all emotions dispeared. For getting back my emotions, i removed and reinstalled my msn and Messenger Plus cause i knew Messenger Plus could "remember" my old settings.
After reinstalled, my emotions all came back. But from then on, i cannot add any emotions at any times. And I never remove any emotions from then on.....
I just can't figure out what's wrong with it! My other computer never appear such conditions.

thanx!
03-09-2005 12:37 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
It sounds that some file may have got corrupt. You can try the following procedure to remove all Custom Emoticons related things. This will remove all emoticons you have installed.

Go to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\number, with Username being your Windows username and number the number that symbolises your email address. Go to this page to find out which number that is.

Open that numbered folder and delete the folder called CustomEmoticons. Reboot and add your custom emoticons again; your problem should be fixed :)
03-09-2005 02:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: